Build Version explained? via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. jasonew
    Cupcake Jan 21, 2020

jasonew , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 21, 2020 :
    Hello everyone,

I'm new to the whole OnePlus system and I'm trying to understand how Build Versions correlate to one another. Such as my OP7P lists the version as: 10.3.0GM21AA however OP website states the official version as 10.3.0GM57AA.
    what is the difference between GM21AA and GM57AA? Does the alphanumeric code refer to Device, storage size, equipped RAM?

For comparison at least from what I can remember if you had say 5 different iPhones all updated to the latest version they would all display the exact same build of that iOS version.

Please keep this thread to the point and refrain from responding if it's just your opinion or "if you're wondering the same thing", or telling me what your build version is. I'm not concerned and am looking for someone who actually knows what they are talking about. The facts.

2. Melkuse Daniel , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Hi bro, there is nothing to get confused, if I'm right your device is Oneplus 7 Pro and the version that your device shows is right, for OnePlus 7 pro the latest version is 10.3.0 GM21AA.

The other version that you have seen i.e 10.3.0 GM57AA is for OnePlus 7 devices( non pro device).

To make it simple, the characters GM57AA is for OnePlus 7 and the GM21AA is for same OnePlus 7 series but only for pro devices, you will get all your updates as GM21AA.

G_plusone likes this.

4. jasonew
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2020