Built In Equalizer missing via OnePlus 8

1. TheMonarch
    Froyo May 16, 2020

TheMonarch , via OnePlus 8 , May 16, 2020 :
    Can someone tell us when will the OnePlus 8 recieve the manual equalizer options? Sincerely, the Dolby Atmos presets are all useless if you are looking for fine Bluetooth audio tuning. My previous OnePlus 6T was perfect, absolutely flawless regarding to this matter. Thank you for your attention and availability!

2. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert May 17, 2020

TheMonarch likes this.
  3. TheMonarch
    Froyo May 17, 2020

4. Swejuggalo

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 17, 2020 :
    Since they started with EU firmware they follow some EU regulations... That includes some volume restrictions. Appere tly that includes removing EQ... EU thinks we need protection or we go deaf

5. TheMonarch
    Froyo May 17, 2020

TheMonarch , via OnePlus 8 , May 17, 2020 :
    Are you serious? What a big bummer...anyway, I've downloaded Music FX 1.4, and after some work I've got a close tune to what I had. The EQ in 6T android 10 was very complete in the frequencies range and it's a shame it is not stock in the IN2013 firmware version of the OP8.

6. Swejuggalo

Has been like that since 7 series.

Darsh93 likes this.
  7. TheMonarch
    Froyo May 17, 2020

Samuel Rácek likes this.
  8. Swejuggalo

Yepp. But running beta and beta is only International. Since 7t series even the betas is international/india/EU. So using EU as beta vill not bring back EQ either

9. TheMonarch
    Froyo May 17, 2020

Glad you told me that, I usually go beta tester. So, do you use any sound equalizer or doesn't make a difference to you? I mostly use it because I use Spotify a lot at home and in the car so, a slightly tweak is always necessary so the streaming doesn't sound like an old gramophone...

10. Swejuggalo

Headphones have an app with built in EQ (Sony WI-1000X). I have to choose over LDAC without EQ or SBC with EQ (my headset is a bit on the bass heavy side). And for the 7 series beta the firmware is International so I have EQ there too but don't use it. In car I use the stereo functions to tweak it.
    When I get my 8 Pro I guess I never see the EQ due to beta probably comes as EU there...

Best sound is when no EQ is needed. I have a more high-end headphones and DAC/headphone amp combo for that reason. Flat and analytic "sound analyzing" level

11. Swejuggalo

While I could use EQ in my sony headphone the small amount of listening I do I choose to do with LDAC and no EQ. All effects off.
    And the car... Impossible to make it sound good there. Road noice and limited clarity of the speakers.
    With my other gear as the prefered sound profile most other stuff sound limited regardless.

I use Tidal. Most often the highest quality (master whenever possible) subscription

12. TheMonarch
    Froyo May 17, 2020

I remember that Sony Music Center apk, I used it a couple years ago back in the days when I had my Sony autoradio 🙂 my headset is a Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT, they sound very good, very balanced, pretty crisp and clear. I use a specific EQ for all types of music, the intention is to improve the original streaming cast, generally the aspect of the EQ resembles a soft V shape with higher peak at the highest frequencies, that tune clears the sound of strings and electric guitars while the lower frequencies help with the intensity of bass guitars and drums. The flat sound doesn't work for me since it voids the overall experience. However it is hard to tune the sound to get the best effect possible. The original OnePlus Android 10 EQ is pretty nit and allows a very perfect balance...

Swejuggalo likes this.
  13. Swejuggalo

My referense is my AKG k812 used with an high end USB DAC/AMP. I didn't want to go that nuts on bluetooth headphones so when WI-1000X was on sale I saw it as good enough for that limited time I use them 😋

TheMonarch likes this.
  14. TheMonarch
    Froyo May 17, 2020

Sony really knows how to build some powerful drivers for the ear buds 🙂 it's always a guilty pleasure to listen some of our preferences on some nice quality Sony headsets, on those you wont need much sound tune since Sony's overall build make the sound feel quite powerful, more than original. Back in the days of my Sony headsets I actually had to de-tune to avoid distortion while listening some Korn and Drowning Pool tracks[e]1f61c[/e]

Swejuggalo likes this.
  15. Hooryder
    Froyo May 18, 2020

16. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert May 18, 2020

17. Hooryder
    Froyo May 18, 2020

Hooryder , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 18, 2020 :
    yes you are correct. Well if you come up with an option tag me.

18. girishvenkatesan
    Cupcake May 18, 2020