Bullet Dodged!

1. betamax_bandit
    Froyo Oct 24, 2014

betamax_bandit , Oct 24, 2014 :
    Soo, I had my preorder all ready to go and was ready to order on the 27th, I decided to have a good look around the forum and I'm glad I did!

While there's no denying that this handset is very good for its pricing it's certainly not good enough for me to invest in one yet. I reckon I'll sit this one out and wait for the next (hopefully improved) handset from OnePlus.

By then the yellow tint, random crashes, lacklustre camera, poor sound quality headphones, battery overheating, case cracking, poor updates & lack of LTE bandwidth may have been addressed!

It's not all about good spec if it ain't working properly!

1+1=0, DavidHolden, pauld26 and 6 others like this.
  2. kinghanson99
    Honeycomb Oct 24, 2014

tazmortali, ktq, MrFingerIII and 9 others like this.
  3. cwalt2166
    Gingerbread Oct 24, 2014

Majamulli, mitha88, pgemp and 5 others like this.
  4. IdLoveToGetAOPO
    Gingerbread Oct 24, 2014

IdLoveToGetAOPO , Oct 24, 2014 :
    Agree with kinghanson. Plus most of these problems you listed have known fixes already. Just search the forums and you will find plenty of posts how you can solve those bugs.

vmk2310, mitha88 and donderino like this.
  5. Adapting
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 24, 2014

Adapting , Oct 24, 2014 :
    I must be the only one who's had no issues with my OPO o_O

But yeah the next one should be pretty cool

vmk2310, pgemp, scooter77 and 3 others like this.
  6. manosome
    Jelly Bean Oct 24, 2014

7. vantt1
    Jelly Bean Oct 24, 2014

vantt1 , Oct 24, 2014 :
    Not bullet dodged; robbery prevented!

Oyathnkso, parvath and betamax_bandit like this.
  8. mwayner
    Lollipop Oct 24, 2014

mwayner , Oct 24, 2014 :
    Are you implying I have been shot, suh? I must be bulletproof. Not a scratch anywhere. Just like my OPO. :p

Majamulli, ultimusrex and besi_at like this.
  9. betamax_bandit
    Froyo Oct 24, 2014

Its a figurative term, maybe lost in translation?

GOOD, I suspect many other peoples do also, although there's also a lot of peoples (too many) that dont!

I know, but why buy something that you have to trawl forums to fix, why not just buy something that works straight out of the box?

For sure, just needs to be built better & more stable for it to be great!

vantt1 likes this.
  10. leemartin
    Lollipop Oct 24, 2014

leemartin , Oct 24, 2014 :
    Mine is working great, but not many people will come on here unprompted an say "My OPO is working fine".........

11. betamax_bandit
    Froyo Oct 24, 2014

Yeah, I understand this. I was tempted to get one but after reading loads of posts of the same problems cropping up (many from users who've had the phone since early on) I've just decided to wait, see how the next handset turns out.

Once they create a great spec phone with little to no issues then I'll get one. :)

12. IdLoveToGetAOPO
    Gingerbread Oct 24, 2014

To be honest, there are devices from every company that does not work straight of the box. It is just a normal thing that there are broken devices or some with bugs. In this case you feel like its more than usually because you are paying that much attention on the news or because you read so many posts about it, since you spent your time here.

Anyways, feel free to do what you want, i won't force you to buy one :)

scooter77 and ultimusrex like this.
  13. mmc77
    Honeycomb Oct 24, 2014

mmc77 , Oct 24, 2014 :
    This forum freaked me out when I was waiting for mine tbh. Glad I got it, really really glad. Awesome phone

14. betamax_bandit
    Froyo Oct 24, 2014

I've had a few Android devices & countless mobile phones, I've never came across one that has so many issues due to poor testing etc and people still argue its a good solid phone.

Oyathnkso and FBIL like this.
  15. mmc77
    Honeycomb Oct 24, 2014

mmc77 , Oct 24, 2014 :
    The internet isnt always true, I know who knew.
    Also remember people complain alot and praise a little.
    Do this test use this forum as a review and research for the one, now go do the same on youtube and see the difference totally different conclusions.
    My recommendation is buy it and thats from someone that owns it based on my own testing lke you if I had used this forum as my only guidance I would not have

16. 99leonchang
    Gingerbread Oct 24, 2014

99leonchang , Oct 24, 2014 :
    Here think of it this way, people with no problems won't bother posting to the forums would they?

As @IdLoveToGetAOPO said, essentially all devices from all companies suffer from problems one way or another. The thing is, most of those devices/companies don't have a dedicated forums for people to find support. Most of them also have better support.

If you have any problems like the yellow tint (fixed in new batches quite a while back), displaced battery (get an RMA), you can bring it up with the support team and pray that they can get back to you soon (They are way too understaffed).

I personally have not experienced any problems with my OPO, I've been using it for around 3 months already and it is my daily driver. I've had multiple Android devices with problems before, one even had an exploding battery *cough* samsung *cough*. My OPO was perfect and works as expected. It's probably the best phone I have.

I personally prefer the OPO over any other phone, even other Chinese brands offering same specs and same price, but that's my opinion, and it's completely up to you.

If you do get the OPO, be prepared to be amazed :D

ultimusrex and flipside927 like this.
  17. chillz88
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 24, 2014

chillz88 , Oct 24, 2014 :
    I have owned a lot of high end phones- m7, desire hd, sensation, note1,2,s1,s2,s3,s4,etc.. i love the opo.. the reason there are complaints is because opo has a forum where users, novice and powerusers are allowed to interact and voice their opinions freely ..

If this was a samsung forum, the forums would be filled with lag, cheap built, touchwiz,etc posts...
    tbh i wouldnt recommend you buying this or the next opo, cos there would always be people on an active phone forum complaining or exaggerating even a small bug.. Better you go for a phone which doesnt have a forum cos it would suit you more and maybe give you peace..:)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014

18. betamax_bandit
    Froyo Oct 24, 2014

I've checked reviews everywhere, these issues are reported most places.

Oyathnkso likes this.
  19. IdLoveToGetAOPO
    Gingerbread Oct 24, 2014

In general it is all about luck if you get a fine working device or not, I had issues with Samsung devices, i know many people that had issues with crapple, huaway, lg and other devices. Won't talk about transistors which just dies after the warranty ends etc.. oops know i did it..^^

20. mmc77
    Honeycomb Oct 24, 2014

mmc77 , Oct 24, 2014 :
    100% yacking the facts ^^ this explains it perfectly

pgemp, Alwhipp and johnnymartz3 like this.