Bullets wireless 2 vs Bullets wireless Z via OnePlus 6

1. Nikhil_Sekar
    Donut Apr 14, 2020

2. Timalay
    Gingerbread Apr 14, 2020

Timalay , Apr 14, 2020 :
    From what I can gather, the only real difference is there's no APTX HD on the new ones. Instead, they'll be using something called LHDC (whatever that is).

3. PRAJWALOFFICIAL
    Froyo Apr 14, 2020

PRAJWALOFFICIAL , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 14, 2020 :
    With what I could fine online currently and with my personal thoughts and assumptions ( I could be wrong, pls pardon me if any)

1) BWZ is not an upgrade to BW2
    2) BWZ is just a New model to Bullet wireless series (May be a Lite Version )

As we know BW2 comes with:
    a)Two Knowles Balanced Armature Drivers.
    b)10mm Drivers.
    c) Qualcomm aptX HD.
    d) Qualcomm cVc Noice cancellation Technology.

I don't think any of the above is used in BWZ,
    As non of the above features where mentioned during the launch or on the official site other than 9.2 mm driver used in BWZ. That could be the main reason for cost difference.

Conclusion:( Only Difference mentioned)

-----BW2-----
    14hrs playback
    10mm driver
    audio Latency Unknown ( more than 110ms I suppose)
    No IP55
    Two Knowles Balanced Armature Drivers.
    Qualcomm aptX HD.
    Qualcomm cVc Noice cancellation Technology.

99USD launch price
    1586899720172.jpg

-----BWZ-----
    20hrs playback
    9.2mm driver
    audio Latency 110ms
    IP55
    no Knowles Drivers
    No aptX HD
    No cVc
    (replaced with something called Superior Base Tone)

49USD launch price
    1586900421285.jpg

I think BW2 would definitely still perform superior to BWZ.

Again, as mentioned earlier, it's all my assumption.
    we need to wait until we get clarification officially.
    i have raised the same question under clarify also.
    let's wait for it.
    Thank you [e]1f60a[/e]

4. PRAJWALOFFICIAL
    Froyo Apr 14, 2020

PRAJWALOFFICIAL , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 14, 2020 :
    As said earlier, i have raised the questions to my assumption under this thread.
    Comment No 150 under this thread.
    Waiting for official clarification

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/ama-about-oneplus-8-series-submit-your-questions.1212542/

5. Joe13134453
    Gingerbread Apr 19, 2020

Joe13134453 , Apr 19, 2020 :
    Just got the Z's with the 8 Pro I already had the bullet 2's, I prefer the 2s in every way they are built better and sound better, the Z's are very bass heavy and have no highs whatsoever, not bad for $50 I guess but I would recommend the wireless bullet 2s.

6. Roonys
    Cupcake Apr 20, 2020

Roonys , Apr 20, 2020 :

Attached Files:

7. gaster
    Lollipop Moderator Apr 21, 2020

gaster , Apr 21, 2020 :
    The main concern for me about the Z is the lack of the Qualcomm's aptX HD support. Not that is super important because the Wireless Bullets 1 that I own had also the lack of this if I am not wrong but they still sound really good. But from the other side for people like me that using the Wireless Bullets for sports, running etc. and getting a lot of sweat, the Wireless Z are the best option.

They are probably like the Wireless Bullets 1 in sound quality if I am not wrong that it was already good enough in my opinion while I used them for a long time, but they were also lacking the IP55 and they got problems after a long usage of sports and sweating. Plus that the OnePlus Wireless Z offers more hours of playback. So at least for me is the best VFM option compared to versions 1 and 2. They are even cheaper than version 1 and still with more playback hours and IP55.

N1586785777149 and Starcommander like this.
  8. austin5771
    Donut Apr 22, 2020

austin5771 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 22, 2020 :
    I got the Launch Day Bundle that came with the OP8 Pro and the Wireless Charger along with the new Bullets Wireless Z. I was quite skeptical as soon as I saw the price. But anyway I got them and tried them out. They feel quite cheaper than the Bullets Wireless 2. Very lightweight and plasticy around the earpiece if that makes sense. I noticed Little differences throughout my day as I bring my headphones everywhere. The battery life is fantastic. But it's quite minor of a change as if 14 hours on the BW2 wasn't enough. It does have an ip rating of sweat and light rain but OnePlus stated that BW2 also has such resistance during the release last year. But here is where the bad comes into place. The BW2 sound quality on top of it's noise cancellation it so far unbeatable. I ran a Headphone test on YouTube and without a doubt the BW2 were a clear winner. The BWZ struggled to get those deep bass tones and didn't get the clarity that the BW2 got too. So bottom line of you have the BW2 I wouldn't get the BWZ. However they are a great low budget pair of headphones just not better than the BW2. I hope this helps and don't forget Never Settle!

9. Ankit Kujur9
    Donut Apr 24, 2020

Ankit Kujur9 , via OnePlus 6 , Apr 24, 2020 :
    Thanks for posting it really helped 🤗

PRAJWALOFFICIAL likes this.
  10. Dah3artbrak3cid
    Cupcake Apr 26, 2020

XxDeathWishxX likes this.
  11. Deactivated User
    Apr 26, 2020

12. PRAJWALOFFICIAL
    Froyo Apr 28, 2020

PRAJWALOFFICIAL , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 28, 2020 :
    I would love to see a dedication thread which would have a complete details and difference between BW1 vs BW2 vs BWZ

Imagine we could find and compare all the specs of each in just one place, it would be lot easier.

13. theworldwithDSLR
    Cupcake Apr 29, 2020

theworldwithDSLR , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 29, 2020 :
    It's gonna be something worth experiencing by yourself, people are still in shock about the price. It's gonna be different than the BW2 but how it's gonna stand up in that quoted price will be worth watching (I meant listening).

14. AbishekMadhav
    Cupcake Apr 30, 2020

15. PRAJWALOFFICIAL
    Froyo May 2, 2020

16. SDRMiZ
    Cupcake May 21, 2020

SDRMiZ , May 21, 2020 :
    I need to know if the mic on BWZ is just as good as BW2. If someone with both pairs could just help me out, I would be really obliged.

pritamkp likes this.
  17. Sutar Hafiz
    Froyo May 21, 2020

M1570955888390 likes this.
  18. Kingisher_0078
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

19. plp.gtr
    Eclair Dec 4, 2020

plp.gtr , Dec 4, 2020 :
    Since this Thread is still showing up at search results, I thought I share **my** opinion (everything is imho):

I bought the OnePlus Bullets Wireless 2 for 50€ and the OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z for 17€, both brand new.

The audio clarity and quality is massively better with the 2's.
    The Z's just lack punch. It's hard to describe, but they have either way too much mid-range or none - I don't know.
    The 2's are very direct in the mids, good bass and non-ear-bleeding highs.

But you can still hear the details in Drumsets for example on which side the high hats are etc. with the Z and 2. Only with the 2's is nice and with the Z's its just dull and meh.

Before the 2's I had the USB-C Bullets which I thought are pretty OK - oh man was I wrong. They are so incredibly bad in comparison. The Z's are better than the USB-C ones, but still the 2's are way ahead of them.

What they both have and I dislike a lot: They have random/whirring/hissing noise. And no, it's not so little you can't almost here it. If you are listening to ASMR at night it's just not acceptable.

And yes, I'm not sure if true but the 2's seem to be made of metal (feeling cold), the Z's made of plastic. They look exactly the same only the Z's are missing the red ring.

So - am I ok with them? Yes - I like them both:
    2: I use when I'm out shopping, on the bike, public transport etc etc, my daily driver
    Z: I use when I'm about to go drinking, in case I lose them and they are my spares if the others are out of battery or broken or whatever. Also they are more waterproof I heard? So that might be a plus.

> Which one has more bass BWZ or BW 2?

The Z. Maybe they both have the same amount of bass and it just sounds a little different, but I'd say the Z's.
    At least the bass can be heard more with the Z's and the 2's are better balanced. But dude, go for the 2's, they are just better if you can grab them for 50€. If you can get the Z's for 17€, go for it, they are also ok.

Hmm... still testing some music. If you just listen to Trap or EDM or other bass music, you can go Z. I'm switching between Z's and 2's with some Metal and Indie music right now and the difference is massive. Not so much with Trap music... :D

//EDIT: Ok, the bass on Z is way more "room filling" not so "in-your-face" style. I'm about to say the Z's are better for listening to electronic music! ;-)

Test-Bass-Drop at 5:00 (Z = nice bassy, give me the next drop, mate!, 2 = okish):

Metal Test-Song (Z = dull, 2 = Clear, punchy, get me in that fuсking moshpit right now!):

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020