3. Black

4. Oat

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Girish.Pranav
    Jelly Bean Sep 2, 2020

Girish.Pranav , Sep 2, 2020 :
    cover 2.png

Hey guys, this is Girish!
    A month ago, I won the Bullets Wireless Z here. All thanks to @Crystal Z. for this. I’ve been using these earphones for a few weeks and it became an important part of my daily routine already! So, this my first review (ever) give it a read!

I was not a big fan of the neckbands, had always stayed in my comfort zone which was of the 3.5mm earphones. I was pretty much skeptical about neckbands, but the Bullets Wireless Z changed my mind.

The bullets Wireless Z is the third product that has the neckband by OnePlus.

The Bullets Wireless Z comes in four color variants:
    1. Mint
    2. Black
    3. Blue
    4. Oat

PRICE

Coming to the first thing we (Indians) ever see before buying anything is the price.
    Bullets Wireless Z has a different price for different regions.

Hong Kong – HK$499.00
    USA – $49.95
    UK - £49.95
    IN- ₹1,999

Now since you got a glimpse of the price, lets head over to the actual earphones.
    As per me, these neckbands are a great value for the money. Great quality audio with an amazing battery at an affordable price? Take my money!

Packaging

Yes, the box deserves a separate recognition. OnePlus products have aesthetic packaging. The feel, the vivid red color, the innovation of the box is insane. The unboxing experience is so subtle and smooth. Now I don’t even feel like throwing away the box

Here’s a pic of the box
    20200902_101823-01_001.jpg

Also, let me give you a quick unboxing:

unboxing.gif

(The GIF's might be of low quality due to compression)

Inside the Box:
    1.Pair of Bullets Wireless Z
    2.USB Type-C charging cable
    3.Extra Silicon earbuds
    4.User guide
    5.Safety and Warranty card

AUDIO QUALITY

This impressed me a lot. The audio clarity is splendid. I listen to many genres of music like Hip Hop, R&B, Rock, Pop, EDM, Indian, and much more. These earphones gave a good experience for most of them.
    Also, it is surprising it does a good job though it only has a single 9.2mm dynamic driver
    The vocals are perfect. Can be heard perfectly at low volumes too. I watched many Christopher Nolan movies with these earphones, and I enjoyed had the best experience.

Now coming to the bass, it does a decent job but I feel something is missing. I don’t get a tingling effect for some drops at certain drops in EDM or basslines in most of the songs. It has a smooth effect, which I felt can be improved, or I would prefer the wired for that extra bass.
    Noise cancellation is pretty decent too!
    It has a rich audio clarity, no utters for that.
    20200829_215048_001.jpg

BATTERY

This is the best thing in the whole earphones. At times I even forgot I had to charge the earphones regularly.
    The Bullets Wireless Z has a battery backup of 20 hours on optimum use according to the company. I got around 15-16 hours. This depends on many factors though, I used it at high volumes, I guess.
    OnePlus also claims that with just a 10-minute charge, you can get 10 hours of playback time. Where I got around 8-9 hours.
    The Bullets Wireless Z comes with a Type-C port at the side and a cute little Type- C cable!
    Cable.jpeg

Charging time
    With WARP charge: took around 30 minutes.
    With DASH Charge: took around 48 minutes.

You don’t need to carry the charging cable since most of the phones these days use the Type-C cable and you can use them too.

CONNECTIVITY

The earphones come with the latest Bluetooth 5.0, which has a range of 33 feet (10 meters). I was impressed with the range. I kept the phone in one room, I could still listen to my tunes from the other room, don’t need to keep my phone with me all the time while talking to someone.

I could still listen to the audio one floor above. Just had some breaks when there were many walls in between, but it’s fine.
    I could pair the device easily and quickly. You could pair a device by holding the Switch Over button. OnePlus devices also get an advantage by getting a notification to quickly pair

The Quick Switch feature helps you to switch over to the last connected device within a couple of seconds. This can be done by clicking the Switch Over button twice.
    I tried this Quick Switch feature with my laptop, phone, iPad, and Amazon Fire Stick. It's quite fast. Very handy when needed the most.

Build Quality

They are well-designed and so comfortable. They weigh 28g. I felt a bit uncomfortable wearing it for the first day, it was because I didn’t wear neckbands before. But from the second day, you don’t even feel them at all.

I used these earphones for jogging and some basic workouts, they don’t fall off. They are sweat and water-resistant, thanks to the IP55 certification.
    The earphones are made of rubber neckband and good quality plastic. The Silicone earbuds are of great quality too and are comfortable when placed in ears.

There are 4 buttons on the device:

1. Volume Up
    2. Play/Pause
    3. Volume Down
    4. Switch Over

There are some basic features of these buttons:
    1. The Volume Up and Down is known by most of you reading this. If you hold both of the buttons for a few seconds, it gets reset to the factory settings.
    2. Play/ Pause also does the respective function.

• If you hold it for a few seconds, Google assistant/Siri gets activated.
    • If you click the button twice, the next media(song, video) gets played.
    • If you click the button thrice, the previous media plays.
    • The button is also used for answering/ending the call.
    3. The Switch Over button does the things as discussed above.

20200803_131557-02_001.jpg

The magnets
    This was my favorite part out of all. It is satisfactory to play with them. If you want to switch off/on the earphones, just connect the magnets. It also pauses the playing media when you join them together.

kaboom.gif

Calls

The calls in these earphones are way clear. The opposite person didn’t feel any disturbances during the call. I tested this with video and audio calls as well.
    I had a few issues with WhatsApp calls, apart from that everything’s cool.
    These earphones are great for the long hour calls with your loved ones or your hectic meetings!

Gaming

Here comes the main topic (for me). The Bullets Wireless Z does an excellent job when it comes to gaming. I played many first-person shooter games like Call Of Duty, and CS: GO. Had no problems at all. Thanks to low latency, there’s no delay at all, couldn’t feel it much.
    I could hear many minute sounds which are essential for these games like footsteps, grenade throw, and much more!
    I played many free roam games like GTA and the Batman Arkham series did its job well.
    So, could this replace your gaming headset? probably yes, if the microphone is not your big concern.

Here's how the Earphones look while wearing:

GIF 2.gif

CONCLUSION

These earphones can be used for your daily purposes like working, playing, workouts, jogging, swimming, and what not! Though it might have some cons they are very negligible compared to the pros. So go ahead and buy these earphones, you wouldn't regret it!

Thanks for reading the review, I didn't go much into the hardware details and didn't compare it to other neckbands, Since this is my first blog/review. Hope you like this. If you can, let me know what you think about my review, in the comments below!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020

2. AlienEye
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Sep 2, 2020

3. Girish.Pranav
    Jelly Bean Sep 2, 2020

4. Shubham_Ag.
    Jelly Bean Sep 2, 2020

Girish.Pranav and yashwant24 like this.
  6. Karun Deep
    Jelly Bean Sep 2, 2020

7. Girish.Pranav
    Jelly Bean Sep 2, 2020

Girish.Pranav , Sep 2, 2020 :
    Thank you shubham!😬

thanks a lot Helder!

thank you Karun Deep!

Shubham_Ag. and Helder_DAlmeida like this.
  8. SRD.
    Lollipop Sep 2, 2020

9. Girish.Pranav
    Jelly Bean Sep 2, 2020

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020

SRD. and Helder_DAlmeida like this.
  10. Sin_of_Wrath
    Donut Sep 7, 2020

Girish.Pranav likes this.
  11. Girish.Pranav
    Jelly Bean Sep 10, 2020

12. asishgrwl
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 11, 2020

13. Girish.Pranav
    Jelly Bean Sep 11, 2020

MRTLima and asishgrwl like this.
  14. Oreo.
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Sep 11, 2020

15. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Feb 27, 2021

KaranRIyer and Girish.Pranav like this.
  16. Girish.Pranav
    Jelly Bean Feb 27, 2021

Girish.Pranav , Feb 27, 2021 :
    Not too late buddy! It could've been better if it weren't for the compression. Thank you so much for the appreciation. Means a lot😄😊

17. KaranRIyer
    KitKat Mar 14, 2021

KaranRIyer , Mar 14, 2021 :
    Better late than never. Nice review. Im jealous since you got them for free lucky you. I too have the same color 👍👍. Cool Gif's. Nice crisp Review

18. Girish.Pranav
    Jelly Bean Mar 14, 2021

Girish.Pranav , Mar 14, 2021 :
    Haha thanks man! The only legit thing I've ever won from OP. The colour is good actually, not bad as everyone thinks it is. Glad that you liked the review, thanl you so much😊😄

KaranRIyer likes this.
  19. KaranRIyer
    KitKat Mar 14, 2021

KaranRIyer , Mar 14, 2021 :
    Yup keeps the dust and fingerprints away. Doesn't fade much

20. Girish.Pranav
    Jelly Bean Mar 14, 2021

Girish.Pranav , Mar 14, 2021 :
    Exactly my point!

KaranRIyer likes this.