Accessories Bullets Wireless -Z The Review and Comparison

1. Batman360
    OnePlus Accessory Tester May 28, 2020

Batman360 , May 28, 2020 :
    Final Header image.png

Hey there! I hope everyone is doing good during these days. To be totally honest with you guys, I am writing this review because I really want you guys to know how amazing is the Bullets Wireless-Z (aka BW-Z), the true inspiration of this thread is that one thump of BASS from the BW-Z that hit my eardrums. Boy! Talk about being burdenless, these BW-Z are so damn light that I forgot that I have them on my neck and went on a search spree for them in my room (felt like an idiot though when I realized but good thing no one saw me :p). BW-Z should not be confused by the thought that “It’s only for the Generation-Z” because by the time I’m reviewing this my mom is constantly asking me to have it for herself, so no doubt it’s perfect for all generations. I am a fan of EDMs, trap music, house music, and some more similar genres so BASS is like REALLY important to me. So, you can trust me when I say to you all that if you are looking to upgrade your earphones from wired to wireless or looking for some premium wireless earphones that are light on your pocket then without any doubt go for BW-Z (if you still don’t trust me then, “I’m not getting paid for this review” would be sufficient for me to have your confidence :p). How are they light on your pocket you ask? Look at them prices:

INR-₹2000

USD- $49.95

Currency converter here (don’t convert INR as they are at discounted price here in India).

Purchase link here.

Also, they are available in 4 colors now:

Oat, Blue, Black, Mint.

At this price point these earphones are a steal. Amirite? Imrite!

IMG_20200523_115429 (2)_001.jpg

(All images commpressed by YaImCo)

Now, I know everyone is looking forward to know more, so I won’t blabber anymore and let’s get right into the good stuff.

(P.S. if you belong in non-reader category, I suggest you to see the highlighted headings and whichever heading you are looking to explore you can read them instead of reading the whole thing, but I would really appreciate if you read the whole thing 😊 )

Unboxing & Diving into the box:

IMG_20200523_120149_001.jpg
    You’ll get everything you need plus an amazing unboxing experience. (P.S. I love smelling the aroma of the freshly opened box of tech 😉)

1. One BW-Z with medium silicon earplugs attached (obviously)
    2. One Type-C charging cable (small, kinda cute).
    3. User Manual/Guide (Yes, it’s true that I like reading them.)
    4. Safety and Warranty Card.
    5. 2 pairs of silicon earplugs (one small, one large)
    6. I know what you are looking for in this point but you won’t get it in BW-Z (sadly)

IMG_20200523_120948__01.jpg

Yeah that’s pretty much it.

Unboxing pleasure rating :- 8/10.

BW-Z hardware and technical details (for nerds like me):

1. Equipped with the latest Bluetooth v5.0 QCC3024 chipset.
    2. Weighs 28gms.
    3. Lithium ion battery inside- 129 mAh.
    4. In-Ear earbuds.
    5. Dimensions are 18.7 x 15.2 x 2.9 cm
    6. Plastic Earbuds (doesn’t feel cheap at all, instead are very lightweight)
    7. Rubber neckband.
    8. Supports IP55 (sweat and water resistant).
    9. Does not support aptX but instead of that it supports HD audio: AAC
    10. You get single 9.2mm driver with super bass tone fitted in each earbud. (again, don’t worry, you will still get an amazing bass, with good voice clarity. Win-Win for all).
    11. Supports Warp Charge. (could also dash charge it)

IMG_20200523_115710__01_001.jpg

Hardware rating :- 8.5/10.

Real-life battery usage:

Well, we all know what ONEPLUS claims about the battery life and charging time, but still let me give a brief about it and then we will move to the actual battery and charging time.

ONEPLUS claims :- (In optimal conditions)

1. 10 minutes charge gives you 10 hours of battery life.
    2. Once fully charged, gives up-to 20 hours of audio.
    3. Fully charges in about 25 minutes.

Real-life usage :-

First you all need to know how I use them on daily basis. So, I use it to binge watch straight for 7-8 hours (weekends), 2 hours of songs, 4-5 hours on call/duo calls/zoom conferences, 1-2 hours of gaming. All in all I’m a heavy user of earphones (also I tend to keep the earphones plugged in my ear with zero audio playing or anything and T forget if it’s there, you can say it’s on standby, I will be happy to know if I am not the only one to do this.) Now you know my usage, you can proceed reading ahead now.

1. 10 minutes of charge gives 7-8 hours of battery life.
    2. Once fully charged, gives up-to 16-17 hours of audio.
    3. Fully charges in 22-23 minutes. (I used a stop clock to time)

Personally, I am hooked to its Warp charging and battery life and never seen such a performance in any other bluetooth earphones. I have to fully charge it after 2-3 days’ time else 10 minutes charge after every day and a half time (everytime the volume was set between 60-80% only during music I raised it to 100% to feel the max. bass).

Battery life/ Charging time rating :- 11/10.

Is BW-Z really all about the bass?

Yes and no. Yes, because the bass in it really turned me on (not that kind -.-) and before this I used Bullets Wireless 2 (aka BW-2) so you know I am serious about the bass quality with BW-Z. No, because even the voice clarity is too good in BW-Z (watched Netflix, Disney+ Hotstar, Amazon Prime, Youtube using BW-Z.) Even at 20-25% of volume I was able to understand clearly the dialogues, never had to raise the volume to more than 80%. Being an in-ear type, it forms a perfect vacuum and outside noise are not to be heard. The bass really thumps in your ears though, and I love that feeling, it’s like mini concert in your ears (minus the noisy people in concerts :p ). Every sound is perfectly balanced and really DOESN’T feel like just a strip down version of BW-2. Having just one driver didn’t really have much effect on the audio quality in my opinion.

Screenshot_20200523-122206__01.jpg
    (My all time bass testing song)

Sound Quality :- 9/10.

Call Quality:

I could have put this in the above section but there are some aspects that I need you all to read. So, the call quality in these wireless earphones is good but at time I have had complaints from the people on the other hand that the voice echoes or sounds like it’s coming from a well (occurrence of this happening is 2-3 times out of 10 times.) Noise cancellation is not there, if you are in the crowd or in office with people talking and some noises surrounds you, it is heard by the person on the other end of the call. But this issue wasn’t faced by me that much but the issue is there, and you can live with it easily. I had no issues like this during video calls though for some strange reasons.

Edit-1: Now that I have been using BW-Z more frequently, I am facing this problem during only normal voice calls where the person on the other side is not able to hear my voice clearly and says that the voice seems to be coming from a far distance, and also it's muffled. Tried it on video calls, WhatsApp calls, in Battle Royale games, and it works fine in all of them except the normal voice calls. Tried it with other devices too and the results are same.

Edit-2: The above mentioned issue is now fixed after factory resetting the device once or twice everyday for a week.

Call Quality :- 8/10.

Gamers assemble:

You all would have heard about the low latency mode in these earphones. So, talking about latency, let us first understand what it really is:

Latency(/ˈleɪt(ə)nsi/) : noun: latency; plural noun: latencies

Computing definition: The delay before a transfer of data begins following an instruction for its transfer.

So, now that we know what latency means, I can assure you that the low latency mode on these works perfectly (works only when OnePlus Fnatic mode is On). I played Call of Duty Mobile and PUBG using BW-Z as my winning buddy. And I was surprised by the sound clarity in these earphones, every footsteps sound was so damn clear, it’s like someone is walking near you in real-life. The firing of guns will startle you if played in full volume as it feels so real. Also, my voice was clear to my teammates (as they could hear me crying when I was killed in the game :( ) loud and clear. I didn’t face any latency/lag issue with these earphones and I enjoyed using them while gaming. So, for all the mobile gamers out there, what are you waiting for, go get one of these BW-Z for yourself 😉

Gaming using BW-Z experience :- 8.5/10.

Burdenless Design (Comfort matters):
    IMG_20200523_115958__01_001.jpg

ONEPLUS is really proud of their burdenless designs and why shouldn’t they be as this is a thing not everyone can say for their products. BW-Z is no exception when it comes to being burdenless, being as light as 28gms these babies feels like feathers on your neck, you can hardly feel that it’s there. Rubberized smooth neckband, with soft silicon earplugs and light earbuds it’s a perfectly balanced combination. The buttons are so satisfying to click (though you may not click them as often as they are not much needed you will know why in the “Buttons” section). The earbuds don’t fall out of your ears even when you head bang to your favorite songs, these earbuds are too stubborn to fall out too easily without you pulling them out. The design and texture of the earbuds is really smooth and it sits comfortably in your ears without hurting them even a bit, plus they are made of plastic now so you won’t even feel that these earbuds are in your ears. Dangling from your neck BW-Z is a true style statement for every human out there.

P.S. Great work team, hats off to you guys (OnePlus team) for making such a masterpiece at such a price point.

Design Rating :- 10/10.

Worried about the connection range?

DON’T! Yes, you read that right, you really don’t have to worry about the connection range in BW-Z. It comes equipped with the latest Bluetooth 5.0 chipset which provides you the range of approximately 33 feet i.e. 10 meters. So, if your device is on the first floor and you are on ground floor, you will still be able to hear the audio (I tested it at my place, walls does cause some interference though). I can walk around my house comfortably without having to carry my phone with me. Talking about quick pair now, I have a OnePlus 7 Pro and the quick pair works perfectly, just detach the magnetic buds and voila the I am ready to immerse in the sound of my favorite songs. Some of the people in the forums and YouTube channels are complaining about the quick pair issue, but not to worry because I am sure the team behind it with provide an update regarding it. I guess I am the lucky one to not get this issue at all as these BW-Z pairs right away.

P.S. BW-Z has made me even more lazy than I already was.

Connectivity Rating :- 9/10.

Buttons and their features:

I have to write this section because mostly people don’t like reading the user guide but I hope you read this section because there are some features attached to the buttons on BW-Z that you would want to know. There are in total of 4 buttons on BW-Z :-

1. Volume up. (VU)
    2. Volume down. (VD)
    3. Play/Pause button. (PP)
    4. Switchover button. (SO)

For features to these buttons, see the pointers below :-

1.) You know, what VU and VD buttons does but what you don’t know it when you press and hold them both together for 3-5 seconds, it will reset the earphones to factory settings. The LED on the BW-Z will turn off. Also, to continuously adjust the volume you just press and hold one of the VU/VD buttons.

2.) PP button is for play/pause of the audio. It can also be used to pick and cut the calls. Double press it to play the next song and triple press it to play the previous song. Pressing and holding it for 2 seconds will awaken the voice assistant on your device (mine is Google Assistant).

3.) SO button when double clicked will connect to the last connected device (I use it to switch between my laptop and my OnePlus 7 Pro). Also, to re-pair a new device, just press and hold the SO button for 3 seconds when turned on. Long press and hold the SO button to switch in and off the BW-Z.

I don’t use the buttons much as the magnetic control made me lazy. The music stops and the earphones are turned off when the magnetic earbuds are attached and when detached, they turn on and resumes the music.

Screenshot_20200523-122004__01.jpg

(Quick pair works perfectly for me)

Screenshot_20200523-122015__02.jpg Screenshot_20200523-122025__01.jpg

(Miscellaneous screenshots)

Buttons overall rating :- 10/10.

Comments on BW-Z by my family members:

Mom :-
    “I like the material of the BW-Z, also, it’s really comfortable in the ears. Calling and listening to music while doing household chores without having to carry the phone everywhere plus there are no disturbing long wires which tangles for no reason.”

Dad :-
    “The sound generated by the BW-Z is really very clear, I can watch movies, YouTube videos without having to rewind the part of the audio that I used to missed earlier. Also, I really love the magnetic controls i.e. the switch on and off feature without having to press and buttons.”

Sister :-
    “Love how handy the Google Assistant is now, by just pressing and holding one button, the assistant is at my service. I really love the enhanced bass in the songs and thanks to BW-Z, I can really enjoy the song to the fullest. It is definitely a style statement for me, looks cool on every clothes that I wear. ”

After giving my family a taste of BW-Z, they all want one. Did I make a mistake of letting them use it? :p

Minor Drawbacks:

1.) The plastic earbuds surely helps in keeping BW-Z lightweight but also doesn’t feel sturdy enough for rough usage.
    2.) Addition of redesigned pouch for better fit would have been perfect instead of no pouch. (Wouldn’t mind giving few extra bucks for that).
    3.) Adding noise cancellation hardware would have been cherry on top.
    4.) Quick pair issue that some users are facing.
    5.) The neck band moves around while running fast also falls on the back when lying down at times.

[​IMG]

(Modified, so that all kind of Bullets Wireless could fit in it.)

These are the only drawbacks I could come up with. If any other, feel free to comment below.

All in all, I would suggest BW-Z to all of you reading this review. It’s a best purchase you will ever make. Thanks @dsmonteiro for hosting the Gamebox Contest and choosing my entry as one of the winning ones, I hope you too enjoy this review. Also thanks @YRJ for brainstorming header ideas with me and showing me how to upload the GIF in the post. :p

The Comparison:

IMG_20200527_174921_001.jpg

If you guys want to read the comparison between Bullets Wireless -1 (aka BW-1), Bullets Wireless – 2 (aka BW-2) and Bullets Wireless – Z (aka BW-Z), then I have got you covered. Well, after thinking about how to keep the comparison simple, crisp and easy to read, so what other better way than forming a table, right!? You’re Welcome! 😉

(P.S. OnePlus team if you are viewing this, I would really appreciate you giving a table formation option in the textbox, pasting screenshot for now :p)

Final Final Comparison.png

Screenshot_20200527-153237__01.jpg Screenshot_20200527-153127__01.jpg Screenshot_20200523-122051__01.jpg
    (Screenshots of all 3 Bullets settings)

For Google Drive link for the comparison document click here.

IMG_20200527_183639__01_001.jpg

Thanks for reading!! See you guys later. :D

IMG_20200527_175546 (1)_001.jpg

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020

2. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer May 28, 2020

YRJ , May 28, 2020 :
    Fantastic review @Batman360 very comprehensive and thorough. You covered everything! Good Going. After reading @suhantm and your review, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on these!

Love it, the gif, the pics and everything else. :hearteyes:

3. G_plusone
    Marshmallow May 28, 2020

4. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 May 28, 2020

5. Starcommander

6. luxuskamel
    Lollipop May 28, 2020

7. harshil1903
    Jelly Bean May 28, 2020

8. suhantm
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 28, 2020

9. Batman360

Thanks man😄😄

Also I have contacted the OnePlus support for the same and they gave me the battery specification for BW-2

Last edited: May 28, 2020

10. suhantm
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 28, 2020

suhantm , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 28, 2020 :
    I got the battery spec sheet for both with my package and the accesories team confirmed, trust me [e]1f609[/e][e]1f602[/e]

11. Batman360

Thanks buddy!! 😁
    I saw the reviews and found it use dash charge as I too dash charged it. But let me check again. If not then I will remove that part. Thanks 😁

12. Batman360

Fixed it. Thankyou! :wink:

13. Swatiranjan , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , May 28, 2020 :
    Wonderful review @Batman360 . Described with details.
    Great to see the dancing pouch GIF. 😀 @YRJ

Just a query,

I bought a Sony XB400 2 months before and it's a wonderful in the ear headphone with tremendous bass & audio quality. Just one demerit I found, Sometimes there is voice lagging issue while using for phone calls. ( once in every 10 calls).

Have you experienced such issue with OPBWZ ?

14. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer May 28, 2020

YRJ , May 28, 2020 :
    Ah! No it's all him, I just helped him upload it to the thread. I did nothing to be honest, batman had planned it all well :)

P.s. I love the gif too :p

15. Batman360

Thanks a ton man!! 😄🔥

Thankyou G+1 😉😉

Thankyou soo much friend!!
    And what are you waiting for go frab one for yourself 😂😉

Thankss 🌟⭐ !! 😉

Hahaha😂 Thanks mann!! Sure, ask him!! 😉

Thanks alot buddy!!
    p.s. not offended or anything but I made that pouch gif and Yrj helped me upload it 😉😂
    Voice doesn't lags in this, but obviously it will lag whole on video call or whatsapp call due to poor wifi connection but on normal call no it doesn't! ,😄

16. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 May 28, 2020

Dresa91 , May 28, 2020 :
    yeah :D haha :D

17. Lickeyloo332
    Cupcake May 28, 2020

Lickeyloo332 , May 28, 2020 :
    Hey, I just got my Bullets Wireless Z and they're great! But I have one small issue, when I pair it with my laptop to listen to Spotify while working, the middle button on the Bullets doesn't seem to work. Is this normal? Have you or anyone experienced the same situation?

18. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Community Expert May 28, 2020

cdnfarmer , May 28, 2020 :
    Great review @Batman360 . It reads well, detailed and thorough. . Truly great job.

under the connection range topic... You wrote "..walk around my house comfortably with having to carry my phone with me.
    Do you mean without having to carry...???

19. Helder_DAlmeida , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , May 28, 2020 :
    Wow! What an amazing rewiew @Batman360! Love it!! The content very easy to understand the subjects all explained in a very clear and clean manner. Personally I think that the fact of not bringing the transport bag is bad, because we cannot just think about the price ... these are details that make all the difference ... That makes the Never Settle spirit. Congratulations for this amazing work and, again, the wormhole always on top [e]1f51d[/e] showing ppl with great value!

20. Batman360

Thankyou cdn 🤗😄 And corrected! ☺️

Thanks a ton my dear friend! 😄 This means very much to me, I. am glad you enjoyed it. Also yes it's true what you said about the Never Settle spirit 😉👌
    P.S. wormies are the best🔥