Bumpers and Stylish 3D Printed Cases - In development

1. Genghis Designs
    Eclair May 15, 2015

Genghis Designs , May 15, 2015 :
    Hello OPO Users !

I am a 3D Printing Designer and created last year a serie of unique 3D Printed Cases for the Fairphone (the first fairtrade smartphone). With the help of its users community, it turned out to be great Cases and are already bestsellers.

The cases are produced using SLS 3D Printing and are much more qualitative than Filament 3D Printed one. There are also a lot of color options.

I would like to develop similar products for the Oneplus One and I am looking for reviewers. I designed a first Bumper Case and I am giving away one free sample for trial and some pictures.
    If you are interested, please send your contact via PM :)

The Case is available here : http://shpws.me/HKje, but still in Beta and I cannot garantee that it fits perfectly !

You can see here the Fairphone's Versions, that I would like to adapt to the OPO :

[​IMG] [​IMG]

And maybe this one too :

[​IMG]

Any comments and remarks would be really appreciated !

Cheers,

Genghis

Ceasedd, byap, pbergonzi and 11 others like this.
  2. avibored
    Honeycomb May 15, 2015

Genghis Designs likes this.
  3. LifelessLewis
    Jelly Bean May 15, 2015

4. PR0X
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 15, 2015

5. DeltaSky

6. Sera69

Sera69 , May 15, 2015 :
    I'd suggest the OnePlus logo in the centre with a geometric design radiating...

rohitanand likes this.
  7. Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Marshmallow Moderator May 15, 2015

8. volteon
    Community Veteran May 15, 2015

volteon , May 15, 2015 :
    Creative stuff you got there. :)
    Looks cool!

9. jj_3j

10. Genghis Designs
    Eclair May 15, 2015

Nice Idea indeed ! I think I will give it a try ;-)

11. Pranjal.Cmod
    KitKat May 15, 2015

12. ChrisTerp
    Lollipop May 15, 2015

ChrisTerp , May 15, 2015 :
    Very good. The cases are a little too busy for me but your bumper looks nice. Minimalist style that I believe many OnePlusers may enjoy because it doesn't take away from the sleek and simple design of the 1+1 device.

I've used three cases now:

Tudia clear which I enjoyed tremendously until the TPU yellowed. Provides the best protection for device and goes over screen affording ability to place device screen down on surface.

Orzly Fusion Bumper which provides protection and the ability to see more of the device back with its clear PC plastic. Bumper goes over screen affording ability to place device screen down on surface.

And the 1+1 Clear Case which provides the most clear view of the 1+1. Hard plastic (PC), very thin but leaves top and bottom exposed. Case does not go over screen so can not place device screen down.

Ceasedd likes this.
  13. jj_3j

jj_3j , May 15, 2015 :
    Do you use an opo as a model? I want to support u but at the store says that the produxt will leave the factory may27th?

14. Genghis Designs
    Eclair May 15, 2015

Yes, I used a 3D Model of the OPO to design it. I add some extra clearance in order to snap it easily, but I want to try it before.
    For example, the same model for the Fairphone needed two iterations to fit perfectly...
    One week is usually the production time at Shapeways for this kind of product

15. Genghis Designs
    Eclair May 15, 2015

Looks like I have enough Beta Testers in Europe !!

Someone interested in Asia ? Since the shiping cost of Shapeways are high in this region, it would be better to use another Asia based manufacturer..

16. Genghis Designs
    Eclair Aug 12, 2015

17. Rabber84
    Donut Jan 11, 2016

Rabber84 , Jan 11, 2016 :
    Cool!
    Have you something also for OPX? I'm looking for a Bumper Case but I'm not found anything online...

18. alexmelciu
    Cupcake Jan 11, 2016

19. alexmelciu
    Cupcake Jan 11, 2016

20. maxxam23
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 13, 2016

maxxam23 , Jan 13, 2016 :
    Wow. They look great. However the problem I see is dust getting trapped in the design.