Burn in? Ghost image of other app icon or image still showing on screen.

1. Ysaacdread26
    Donut May 22, 2020

Ysaacdread26 , May 22, 2020 :
    Hi! I bought oneplus7pro and is less than one year with me.
    recently I saw this ghost image on the screen of my phone (thought it was just a dirt or something) but I noticed that it is there whatever app I open.
    It concerns me because the print is still there and what ever I do to have it fixed (tried the Amoled burn in fixer), it's still there.
    I'm not a heavy gaming guy because I already have 2 kids and work nightshift, I usually sleep during daytime because of work hours.
    Is there a way to have this fixed? I'm really concerned that it might spread and leave more images on the screen then fully breaks the screen.

History: Bought the phone at digital walker (MOA-PH)
    Usual apps used: 9gag youtube on auto brightness (preferred low brightness due to I use the app before going to sleep)
    Game time: I usually do 2 matches (10-20 mins each)

I hope I can get a feed back whether if this can be fixed by an update or if it's covered to warranty. I don't have much money to have the screen replaced (worst case scenario).

Please respect my post. Thank you in advance for those who'll leave feedback.

Jullyett likes this.
  2. Ysaacdread26
    Donut May 29, 2020

3. Boogeyman_real , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 30, 2020 :
    Hi, screen burn in is a common issue among amoled screens. A software update will not fix your screen. and do not try any apps on the playstore that claim to fix it. it is just not possible. The only option is to get the screen replaced. I don't know if it is covered under warranty. I have the issue too.. I've got pubg items on the screen. I'll go to the service center to check once the lockdown ends here.

Ysaacdread26 likes this.
  4. Ysaacdread26
    Donut Jun 7, 2020

Ysaacdread26 , Jun 7, 2020 :
    Thank you for the help! I will pay a visit to the mall where I boughy this once the quarantine is over, this is quite disappointing because I don't play games that often due to my job and because of my children. I'm hoping that this will be fixed. My one plus 7pro is almost 8 months and this issue pops up. Thank you for the comment!

imraniut and Boogeyman_real like this.
  5. Boogeyman_real , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 7, 2020 :
    Do let me know if they fix it. my phone is 7 months old and this problem started. don't really want the phone to be opened up and fixed when the phone is this young. it might cause new problems

6. Ysaacdread26
    Donut Jun 7, 2020

we have the same feeling, me neither, I don't want my phone to be opened up or anything. I was able to read one thread and mentioned there is, oneplus is doing an update to remove this kind of issue. I will not wait for that anymore. I'll keep you posted!

imraniut likes this.
  7. Boogeyman_real , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 7, 2020 :
    thank you. But any software update will not fix the damage thats already been done. it might be able to prevent devices from getting screen burnt.

A1510822714402 likes this.
  8. Ysaacdread26
    Donut Jun 7, 2020

I hope this will not happen anymore if they replace my screen, it really hurts to see our oneplus device gets damaged because of faulty parts. Thank you for the tip broo

Boogeyman_real likes this.
  9. Artemus.
    Nougat Jun 7, 2020

Artemus. , Jun 7, 2020 :
    It's not "faulty parts", it's a limitation of (AM)OLED. Remember the issue with plasma TVs getting burn-in easily?

Tobikage likes this.
  10. Ysaacdread26
    Donut Jun 8, 2020

Ysaacdread26 , Jun 8, 2020 :
    yeah. so the sad reality, the phone will still have burn in as time passes? I know there are ways to prevent this. I'm gonna do my research for that.

11. Artemus.
    Nougat Jun 8, 2020

Artemus. , Jun 8, 2020 :
    Yes, it's permanent unless the display is replaced. The best way to prevent this: don't play for long periods at high brightness, take breaks more often and take better care of your phone.

TheJuli and flither like this.
  12. Ysaacdread26
    Donut Jun 8, 2020

Ysaacdread26 , Jun 8, 2020 :
    This is noted. The only thing that I'm not doing is playing for a long tine and with high brightness. I have this condition that when my eyes are exposed on high brightness device (pc or phone) my head will hurt only on the right side. That's why I'm quite sad that my phone had this injury while I don't do the thing that can break it. Thank you for the tip tho.

flither and Artemus. like this.
  13. Personalgroups
    Donut Jun 8, 2020

Personalgroups , Jun 8, 2020 :
    I have the same issue now .. I used to play a game .. now those game icons are burned on my screen permanently

LOL Amoled screens

14. miketabs
    Cupcake Jun 13, 2020

sk.jalal05 likes this.
  15. Artemus.
    Nougat Jun 13, 2020

Artemus. , Jun 13, 2020 :
    Break it, you buy it. ;)

flither likes this.
  16. Oreo2201
    Gingerbread Jun 13, 2020

Oreo2201 , via OnePlus 5 Midnight Black , Jun 13, 2020 :
    Indeed, my OP5 got Burn Marks too, now my device shows PUBG's "Killed 0" forever and the only way to get it fixed is at the Service Center

18. Boogeyman_real , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 13, 2020 :
    same thing. I can't understand what's the use of high brightness of it's going to cause harm to your device. I play just for an hour with about 40% of brightness and this happened. I don't understand if it's not faulty part then what is it.

19. Artemus.
    Nougat Jun 13, 2020

Artemus. , Jun 13, 2020 :
    It's PUBG's fault for not moving anything around that could've prevented this.

20. Suransh Sachdev
    Cupcake Jun 20, 2020

Suransh Sachdev , Jun 20, 2020 :
    Did you got ur phone checked at the repair center ?