Buy the Original OnePlus One from anywhere in the world

1. slope
    Donut May 15, 2014

slope , May 15, 2014 :
    A lot of forum members wonder how they can buy the 1+1 phone when they live in a country that is not on the list of the 16 launch countries.

But there are ways to ensure we all can buy a 1+1 phone. Even if we live in Norway, Romania, South America, India or anywhere else in the world. It is easy too. Keep reading to make sure that you can also buy this amazing smartphone.

You simply buy your 1+1 phone from the Official OnePlus Webstore.
    You just make sure to set your Billing Address to your home address and your Shipping Address to where you will have the 1+1 shipped to.

Remember to stay away from sneaky websites that try to sell 1+1 with a large markup. You will never know if it's real or if you end up paying for a fake knock off phone or even a brick or log of wood. Use the original OnePlus webstore, that way you will get warranty as well. No matter where you live.

For all the people living in India here you can get more info about cheapest way of shipping OnePlus One to India. Updated July 2 2014.
    For some reason the link has been deleted, so at the moment I can not provide more accurate info for all the people from India. I am sorry for that. If you know more about what way to get the best price to India pls make a post and I will be sure to update post 1.

If you live nearby another country that will get the 1+1 then you can order your phone directly to a post office in that nearby city. Remember you will need to use Poste Restante . This just means you contact the post office of your choice to get specific adress for your Poste Restante shipment. Use the Poste Restante address as your Shipping Address in the OnePlus webshop. Make sure you set your home address as the Billing Address to avoid problems with payments. Using a Poste Restante address is to my knowledge free of charge all over the world. So you will not be paying anything when you collect you OnePlus package.

If you feel option 1 is too much stress or you live to far away from any of the 16 launch countries, you can choose to usePackage & Mail Forwarding companies like jetcarrier.com or mailboxde.com. More companies listed further down.

Package & Mail Forwarding companies let you use their address ie Germany as Shipping address. Then when the shipment from OnePlus arraives they will forward the shipment directly to you at your home address. Be ware that using such services comes with a fee. You must check the website of the Package & Mail Forwarding company you choose to check the excact cost and fees.

We living outside the 16 launch countries will have the same warranty as everyone else. If for some reason you need to claim a warranty related issue - Simply return the phone to country of choice where you put you shipping address. Either deliver the phone in person or just ship it to the service center.

If you know of any Package & Mail Forwarding companies in your country or any other country that is not yet listed please make a post and share info.

Notes:
    1. Note that not all post offices do Poste Restante, even it it is common. Do a check up via official postal website in the country you choose to make sure you have correct address and to get local opening hours and which postal offices that accept Poste Restante.
    2. If you find any of this information to be incorrect or otherwise not for-filling let me know and I will make sure to update and add information as we get it.
    3. As far as warranty issues goes we have got an official statement from the OnePlus team that gives all of us warranty, just like people living in the 16 launch countries. Any returns will have to be made by post/shipping to your nearest country of 16. And you will cover the return shipping from OnePlus.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014

2. adrenalen
    Honeycomb May 15, 2014

sdp2391 likes this.
  3. fksgs2
    Gingerbread May 15, 2014

fksgs2 , May 15, 2014 :
    If it is safe & not costly, then it will help many for sure :)

4. Abby
    KitKat May 15, 2014

eamusic likes this.
  5. slope
    Donut May 15, 2014

Simonbarsinistr likes this.
  6. Abby
    KitKat May 15, 2014

Abby , May 15, 2014 :
    i just agreed with your post ☺️

slope likes this.
  7. Jevoly
    Marshmallow Community Expert May 15, 2014

Jevoly , May 15, 2014 :
    thank you so much... it does help those who are staying outside the 16 launch countries...

8. Suneth
    Honeycomb May 15, 2014

Suneth , May 15, 2014 :
    got few forwading sites
    stackry.com
    shipito.com
    hopshopgo.com
    comgateway.com
    do some own research before choosing any of these companies. what might workout for me might not workout for you.

tharindhu89, slope and Deepak like this.
  9. mydragoon
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 15, 2014

mydragoon , May 15, 2014 :
    you might wanna also highlight and emphasize that using this method... warranty claim can be a hassle. coz need to then go to nearest official country.

valle08 and slope like this.
  10. slope
    Donut May 15, 2014

slope , May 15, 2014 :
    Thank you all for participating good people. :)
    And thx to @Suneth for your contribution. Much appriciated.
    I will update post 1 repeatadly as this post grows.

Nise likes this.
  11. slope
    Donut May 15, 2014

slope , May 15, 2014 :
    As it turns out even posten.se (swedish postal service) will do package forwarding. See post 1.
    This might very well be true for postal services in other countries as well. I you contact an official postal service regarding Poste Restant and forwarding make sure your share the info here so we all can benefit.

Remember. Sharing is caring.

Mctrizal and Nise like this.
  12. thiazhangwei
    Honeycomb May 15, 2014

thiazhangwei , May 15, 2014 :
    I stay in Asia (not Hong Kong or China!) and I can successfully set my shipping address to somewhere in the US (I'm using vpost, which ships overseas goods to where I live), but how do I set a billing address to somewhere outside the US? Or is it fine to just use the shipping address (US) as the billing address (not supposed to be in US), even though I'm using a credit card from my own country? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

prakashmc and eugene8018 like this.
  13. slope
    Donut May 15, 2014

slope , May 15, 2014 :
    There is a small flag where you choose your country. All the way down.
    Try that.

madhuharidas and Nise like this.
  14. Foxtrott
    Gingerbread May 15, 2014

Foxtrott , May 15, 2014 :
    Hello everyone!
    People who lives in Kazakhstan (like me), can use the services of AlmaPost company (almapost.com). They can organize delivery from USA to Kazakhstan. Hope that information was helpful.

akimzhanov and slope like this.
  15. w.cheng1226

w.cheng1226 , May 15, 2014 :
    I second that, been using hopshopgo for awhile now, never disappoint and almost always on time. *thumbs up*

austin5411, kgajjar20 and slope like this.
  16. thiazhangwei
    Honeycomb May 15, 2014

thiazhangwei , May 15, 2014 :
    I tried that (from oneplus.net, right?) but because the country I live in is not one of the launch countries, I can't find it... under Asia Pacific, there's only Hong Kong and China atm.

vraghurams likes this.
  17. Simi69

Simi69 , May 15, 2014 :
    I'll be buying it & delivered to a courier who will forward it onto me. Costs €3.50, probably would have used it anyway as it gets delivered to a locker for handy pickup.

slope likes this.
  18. valle08
    Honeycomb May 15, 2014

valle08 , May 15, 2014 :
    This should be stickied for all forum members to see and even those who probably wouldn't think of this.

Chunxisme, Nise and slope like this.
  19. slope
    Donut May 15, 2014

20. slope
    Donut May 15, 2014

slope , May 15, 2014 :
    Don't know how to make that happen. If it is the moderators or staff members who make threads sticky. Guess if they find this worthy it will get sticky if not people will find it by search.

valle08 and AlexGuroff like this.