Buying OnePlus 7T pro was the Worst Decision ever Made via OnePlus 7T Pro

1. JishanK
    Donut Jun 14, 2021

JishanK , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jun 14, 2021 :
    I was using oneplus 3 which got great support from OnePlus and 3 major android version updates, the longest running beta program. Then I had to switch to Samsung Galaxy Note 8 as I got my OnePlus 3 broken due to drop which again was a great device but software updates were rather slow but still One UI was refreshing. But again my mishandling habit got my phone broken and I again put my trust on OnePlus 7T pro and now I feel like it was my worst decision. As from the best Android UI, Oxygen OS has become the worst with the latest iteration. Software update is among the slowest in Android world, not commitment to fixing updates, now beta program has been stopped abruptly with many bugs still open.

I started feeling like switching to another phone from Samsung now as they have improved their software update, promising three major android version and 4-5 years of security patch update even with their low to mid tier Galaxy A series phones. One UI is getting better with each iteration and get new features with almost every update.

Tired of OnePlus.

2. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Jun 14, 2021

3. amitkarmoker
    Eclair Jun 15, 2021

JishanK likes this.
  4. PaulBuckle
    Froyo Jun 15, 2021

PaulBuckle , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 15, 2021 :
    My old OnePlus 3 , now running pixel experience has AOD, GCam and if I am honest is a better phone that my 11 month old OP7T. I'm not into gaming, I just wanted a good phone. The OP7T will be my last OP purchase. My wife's OPPO, 1/4 the price is better.

RonnaFarias and p51d007 like this.
  5. p51d007
    KitKat Jun 17, 2021

p51d007 , Jun 17, 2021 :
    My 6T was better than the 7T. Only reason I upgraded is because somehow I put a big SCRATCH on the 6T screen.
    The newer OP phones are just nothing, because Oppo's OnePlus ( We ALL knew in 2014 that OnePlus was owned by Oppo in the first place) are getting just too d*mn expensive. Instead of being a flagship killer, they have gotten to the flagship prices. I've had the OnePlus One, 6T & 7T, but my next phone will most likely be a Pixel phone.
    The resale price of a used OnePlus phone is nothing, compared to the Pixel phones.

JishanK and PaulBuckle like this.
  6. RonnaFarias
    Cupcake Jun 17, 2021

JishanK and amitkarmoker like this.
  7. AndroidManiac
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 17, 2021

AndroidManiac , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 17, 2021 :
    Lineage OS is now official for 7T.... Might be my next and last move (change ROM to Lineage OS) with OnePlus 7T; especially if OOS11 is unacceptable.

8. JishanK
    Donut Jun 21, 2021

9. Sheppards
    Jelly Bean Jun 21, 2021

Aaron2017 and McJader like this.
  10. drmartin
    Moderator Moderator Jun 21, 2021

drmartin , Jun 21, 2021 :
    If buying a phone is the worst decision you've ever made, pat yourself on the back, you're making some very good decisions in your life. Wish I could say my worst decision in my life was also buying a phone, then I'd still be with the love of my life with our kids in a beautiful little home in the Swedish countryside.... sigh.

11. drmartin
    Moderator Moderator Jun 21, 2021

drmartin , Jun 21, 2021 :
    Oh, I love LineageOS on my 7 Pro. Switched months ago and have never looked back!

AndroidManiac likes this.
  12. JishanK
    Donut Jun 25, 2021

JishanK , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jun 25, 2021 :
    Failing to deliver bug free OS is fall. Instead of fixing bugs, stoping beta support itself is a fall. Failing to deliver timely OS update even to past flagship when other companies updating mid ranger is a fall

13. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 25, 2021

Tobikage , Jun 25, 2021 :
    So many falls !

Sheppards likes this.
  14. Sheppards
    Jelly Bean Jun 25, 2021

Sheppards , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 25, 2021 :
    1. I have no problems with the latest update, nor my friend with a 7t
    2. Define timely? Nobody promised any deadlines

juttuka.pavan likes this.

drmartin likes this.