Buying/Using the EU Model in China...Way beyond my brain

1. mikeneedsaphone
    Gingerbread Aug 31, 2016

mikeneedsaphone , Aug 31, 2016 :
    Hi. So, this beyond my technical expertise...which is non-existant

I want to buy the OP3 but i want to use the EU versions because;

While i am in England i am on the network 3.

While i am in China i am on the network China Mobile.

For practicality, I obviously want the EU version for the most compatibility as my mandarin is soso and from what i understand from http://willmyphonework.net/ the China model will probably not even work in England- where i will be from Jan-March 17'.

My Questions are-

1)Have i chosen appropriately, to order the EU version for use in China and Eu?

2)Is there a way to have the EU phone ordered through here and sent to my China location directly rather than have to deliver to London and then somebody to forward to me.

And finally;

3) I can plug it right in because of the voltage is within the safe range... i think....

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this.

Best,
    Michael

2. Sean101215
    Cupcake Sep 8, 2016

Sean101215 , Sep 8, 2016 :
    I need to find this out too (for certain). I've done some research and from what I'm looking at the European version of the one plus 3 will barely work on China mobile.
    But will work for 3G on China Unicom and may get 4g but not guaranteed. Could you not just order the eu version on the uk site and put a Chinese address? It seems like the EU version covers 2 of the 4 bands that the Chinese version offers (for China). Plus, I'm not sure how widespread China Unicom is, in terms of its cellular network. In China, do different regions tend to use different network providers etc?

(I'm moving to China too and want to get a phone that will work in both countries- I think EE in the UK will get the best coverage and China Unicom in China.)

If anyone with a background in mobile networks and frequencies could confirm this, it'd would be great.
    Thanks