Bye bye (headphone) Jack

1. DeluxeNoone
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 18, 2018

2. DeluxeNoone

3. eye842
    Lollipop Sep 18, 2018

eye842 , Sep 18, 2018 :
    Haven't you seen all the reports that it does? but no one have convincingly proven that it actually does so.

4. vigneshmiller
    Gingerbread Sep 18, 2018

vigneshmiller , Sep 18, 2018 :
    I saw it and most of those clearly shows that they have dropped their phone and blaming Oneplus for it so they can get a replacement. Glass is glass whatever gorilla glass version it is. You should be aware and keep it safe as you can

5. eye842
    Lollipop Sep 18, 2018

eye842 , Sep 18, 2018 :
    Exactly! Many people thinks gorilla glass is stronger than it is and treat they phone carelessly.

6. vigneshmiller
    Gingerbread Sep 18, 2018

vigneshmiller , Sep 18, 2018 :
    Yes they're careless and they drop or bend their phones in tight pockets and they're complaining that the glass breaks by itself lol

7. R1520001194843
    Cupcake Sep 18, 2018

8. Aathif_Mahir

Aathif_Mahir , Sep 18, 2018 :
    it's not a worst decision to remove headphone jack, because the current iteration moving towards wireless headphones.

9. Александр_Пилс
    Cupcake Sep 18, 2018

Александр_Пилс , Sep 18, 2018 :
    awful decision!oneplus had an advantage over xiaomi while it had a 3.5 jack and now it,the same but xiaomi has the lover price. the choice is obivious :(

10. Vitor Valeri
    Eclair Oct 3, 2018

Vitor Valeri , Oct 3, 2018 :
    I am very disappointed to read this rumor through the websites. OnePlus was one of the few companies that were holding the headphone jack and it was for this reason that I chose the brand.

I am an audiophile and for me it makes no sense to have wireless headphones as they are expensive and do not deliver the same quality as a wired headphones.

- Bluetooth / wireless technology is expensive and very expensive the headphone. Note that there are wired and wireless models and see the difference in value with the same company model.

- Bluetooth technology degrades audio quality compared to wiring.

- Bluetooth uses more battery life.

In addition it has the possibility of connect the headphone to USB-C, but there are disadvantages to this.

- When using USB-C, you will disable the DAC (digital to analog converter) of the phone. You will get to use the DAC inside the cable that plugs into the USB-C which obviously has a high probability of having inferior quality compared to the DAC used in the cell phone.

- Maybe many will have to use adapters to plug in their headphones, and this bothers in terms of portability in addition to being fragile.

11. tfroment
    Donut Oct 14, 2018

tfroment , Oct 14, 2018 :
    Sooo sad...no more headphone jack, no more customer of One Plus, sorry : I don't care about other features while the "nominal" feature of my smartphone is to look at video (youtube, twitch...) while I can still charge it through USB-C connector. I won't use bluetooth as it is too dangerous on the long term for the brain, so sorry... Hope other smartphone constructors will understand headphone jack is NOT optional for many users...

12. L1577482848752
    Cupcake Feb 14, 2020

L1577482848752 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Feb 14, 2020 :
    CHILDREN Childre, gather around

NO RETREAT, NO SURRENDER that is Spartan law.

And by SPARTAN law we shall STAND AND FIGHT... and die.

A New age has began, an age of freedom.

AND ALL WILL KNOW. that 300 SPARTANS GAVE THEIR LAST BREATH TO DEFEND IT.

LET THEM KNOW MY CHILDREN WHAT WE WANT BACK.

(HEADPHONE JACK)