[Submitted] Cache clearing option under storage setting is not actually clearing the cache.

1. MD_18
    Honeycomb Jun 19, 2018

MD_18 , Jun 19, 2018 :
    When i clear cache from the option under storage setting it's not working. It shows it cleared the cache but in the background it's increasing the size of the "Other" folder just above the cache option. And the size of "other" folder keeps on increasing everytime i do this. I tried clearing cache from recovery menu but the size of "other" folder remained intact.
    It's kinda loophole.

BeingIncog likes this.
  2. BeingIncog
    Nougat Jun 19, 2018

BeingIncog , Jun 19, 2018 :
    Same thing happened when I tried to do it on OnePlus 3T!

MD_18 likes this.
  3. MD_18
    Honeycomb Jun 19, 2018

MD_18 , Jun 19, 2018 :
    What's the point of providing a fake option umm just to fool us i guess haha.

BeingIncog likes this.
  4. BeingIncog
    Nougat Jul 4, 2018

5. Prinas X.
    Honeycomb Jul 4, 2018

Prinas X. , Jul 4, 2018 :
    Hi BeingIncog,

This is Prinas from OnePlus Bug Hunters.
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Since I can't pm you, I contact you here.

In order to resolve the issue reported ASAP, we would like to get some information and your data is under the protected, could you please refer to content below and provide the information for analysis?

1. We’d like to know when the issue first happened.
    2. Please confirm if there are some changes the whole used storage after clearing cache.
    3. Please let me know the probability/frequency of problem occurring.
    4. Please provide build number and oxygenos version of your device. (Settings> about phone)
    5. Can you kindly help to collect some logs so that we can look into it?

1. Input *#800# from dialing interface, enter "oneplus logkit", tap" delete history log"
    2. Tap "advanced", choose "save log type" > enable all options then click OK
    3. Tap “move log path to built-in SD card” and then click "save log", when it informs you whether to reboot, click “cancel”
    4. (Important) Reproduce the issue and record the issue happening time. (Please take screenshots on storage & memory before and after clearing cache.)
    5. Enter “oneplus Logkit”, choose “other log info”, click “get bugreport info” just before you finish the log process (it takes several minutes, wait till it’s done)
    6. Tap "save log" and click “move log path to built-in SD card” again to stop it.
    7. Enter file manager, choose storage, find the oem_log file, zip it and send it to: Prinas Xie <prinas.xie@oneplus.com> along with the screenshots. You can transfer the logs to google and share us a link.

Note:
    After you share us the logs, please delete the file from your phone or it will occupy a lot of storage.

It will be greatly appreciated if you can mark your user name of forum or paste the conversation link on email for easier issue tracking.

Thanks for your time and support.

Best,
    Prinas

BeingIncog likes this.
  6. chiribauradu
    Gingerbread Jul 4, 2018

7. BeingIncog
    Nougat Jul 10, 2018

BeingIncog , Jul 10, 2018 :
    @MD_18 can you do this for me and Bug Hunters!!! Thanks!!!