California Invite Share Community

1. gooobiePLS
    Honeycomb Jul 19, 2017

gooobiePLS , Jul 19, 2017 :
    The end user notification on return status is vague. I thought I was going to lose my phone and be out of $1078. It was delivered on 6th, got a email saying they got it and to "wait for inspection" on the 7th. The refund came on the 10th. All emails came from Acer, the only email that came directly from OP was the refund one, paypal also sent me the refund notification. The service update on OP site was at "waiting for return of device" and went straight to "complete". I think if you start the RMA process within your 15 day window, and they receive it within the 15 day RMA window, you'll be fine. Just keep track of your emails and save your chat logs at the end with OP if you contact them. Their policy is that you get a full refund if you rma and return within 15 days of purchase.

philesk and topsales like this.
  2. HairyMilkshakes
    Honeycomb Jul 22, 2017

HairyMilkshakes , Jul 22, 2017 :
    Hopefully resolved now:

mb67, philesk, Tenablebard and 2 others like this.
  3. mb67
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 8, 2017

4. bestlands
    KitKat Sep 8, 2017

bestlands , Sep 8, 2017 :
    Whos your unlimited data provider.

philesk likes this.
  5. bestlands
    KitKat Sep 8, 2017

bestlands , Sep 8, 2017 :
    sw
    The g4 to this day takes on of the best pictures i have ssen from a smartphone camera, its crazy good. IM looking at the v30 or the essential phone but that one takes pretty ok photos with the google camera apk

philesk likes this.
  6. HairyMilkshakes
    Honeycomb Sep 16, 2017

djscanman, philesk and mb67 like this.
  7. gooobiePLS
    Honeycomb Sep 27, 2017

gooobiePLS , Sep 27, 2017 :
    Did an RMA for my OP3T. That popping sound in all my videos was driving me nuts. GPS was getting real spotty too.

philesk likes this.
  8. philesk
    Gingerbread Sep 28, 2017

philesk , Sep 28, 2017 :
    It seems that Essential has shown that there is not a lot of interest in flagship phones from relatively unknown makers. Essential has reportedly sold only about 5000 phones in their first 30 days.

9. gooobiePLS
    Honeycomb Sep 28, 2017

gooobiePLS , Sep 28, 2017 :
    I liked that phone. Then it came out. Then I didn't really like it anymore. It had great specs for a rather featureless phone, but that price. I get that it has modular functions, but really... how often will I use a 3D camera (maybe once)? Or say modular speaker? Nice, but a bluetooth one works just fine. Cameras seem to be the trend too and they kind of blew it on that end as well. A lot of things went wrong for what could have been an excellent phone. But I'll pass since my OP3T already gets me all day battery life.

philesk and mb67 like this.
  10. gooobiePLS
    Honeycomb Oct 4, 2017

philesk and mb67 like this.
  11. gooobiePLS
    Honeycomb Oct 4, 2017

12. mb67
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 5, 2017

mb67 , Oct 5, 2017 :
    Holy crap! A phone that costs $1,100! :eek:

I spent less than that on two GTX 1080ti's!

[​IMG]

13. gooobiePLS
    Honeycomb Oct 5, 2017

gooobiePLS , Oct 5, 2017 :
    Holy crap! A two 1080ti's for less than 1,100! :eek:

Seriously... what do you need two for? Still rocking a 780 here.

14. mb67
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 5, 2017

mb67 , Oct 5, 2017 :
    Getting ready for the 4K 144Hz HDR monitors coming out. :p

philesk, Tenablebard and gooobiePLS like this.
  15. mb67
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 14, 2017

mb67 , Oct 14, 2017 :
    I'm pretty pissed off at OnePlus over this invasive data collection they've been doing, and will probably be getting a new phone soon. Yes, I know that it can be disabled (which is really cool) but the fact that they've been doing this without having any disclosure or 'opt-out' is really bad.

16. gooobiePLS
    Honeycomb Oct 18, 2017

gooobiePLS , Oct 18, 2017 :
    I hear you on this... just when you think they're doing good, they find a way to f things up. I just had my OP3T serviced remotely with a tech. All they did was reflash OOS and said to monitor to see if the issue still occurred. Could have told them that it wasn't going to work... Guess we'll see if the Pixel 2 impresses.

lemme get one of them Ti cards.

philesk, Tenablebard and mb67 like this.
  17. gooobiePLS
    Honeycomb Nov 2, 2017

gooobiePLS , Nov 2, 2017 :
    Got my 3T repaired. Had some GPS issues and popping while recording video. They ended up replacing the board. All is good now. But might sell this thing..cuz you know.. Pixel 2 xl.

Tenablebard, philesk and mb67 like this.
  18. mb67
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 2, 2017

mb67 , Nov 2, 2017 :
    I'm thinking about getting the newly announced Razer Phone, because different.

Tenablebard, philesk and gooobiePLS like this.
  19. gooobiePLS
    Honeycomb Nov 2, 2017

gooobiePLS , Nov 2, 2017 :
    More like... because 120hz

Tenablebard and philesk like this.
  20. HairyMilkshakes
    Honeycomb Nov 6, 2017

Tenablebard, gooobiePLS, mb67 and 2 others like this.