California Invite Share Community

1. HairyMilkshakes Honeycomb Nov 24, 2017

2. philesk Gingerbread Nov 26, 2017

philesk, Nov 26, 2017 :
    Sounds like it might be a good alternative. I too an so tired of OEMs failing to update their phones (I'm talking about you OP). I just found out that only new phones that ship in the box with Oreo will have Project Trebel enabled. Even then it will be up to the OEM to actually send out the updates.

So, that eliminates all phones that are "supposed" to get the Oreo update but actually ship with 7.x like ALL of OP phones. I'll wait and see if the OP6 comes with Trebel. Even then, I am not confident that OP will actually upgrade the OP6 to Android 9.... If the Pixel 2 phones didn't have so many problems, I'd get one because of the 3 year upgrade promise.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017

Tenablebard likes this.
  3. philesk Gingerbread Nov 26, 2017

philesk, Nov 26, 2017 :
    PH-1 are getting a reputation of poor customer support, and phone calling and SMS issues. WTF, the main purpose of a phone is to make phone calls....DUH...

UPDATE:
    I just ordered PH-1 on Amazon. BF price was $399 and included the 360 degree camera. I guess I'm just a sucker for startups. IAC. I can return it by Dec 29 if it really sucks...

UPDATE 2:
    Well, the PH-1 doesn't suck! I have been pleasantly surprised. It is much better than the initial reviews indicated. Probably due to the fact that Essential has been sending out OTA updates to address most of the reported problems, has sent security update to December 5 promptly and just released Oreo 8.0 Beta 2. Unlike OnePlus, they seem determined to keep their promises.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017

Tenablebard likes this.
  4. gooobiePLS Honeycomb Nov 28, 2017

gooobiePLS, Nov 28, 2017 :
    I still have my panda pixel on order. Even though I got my 3T fixed.. I'll probably keep the pixel and sell the 3T. Don't think I'll replace my OPO as my back up.

Tenablebard and philesk like this.
  5. mb67 Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 12, 2017

mb67, Dec 12, 2017 :
    I just got my dBrand skin for the Razer phone and it looks really good :)

[​IMG]

Tenablebard, philesk and gooobiePLS like this.
  6. gooobiePLS Honeycomb Dec 13, 2017

gooobiePLS, Dec 13, 2017 :
    finally got the panda pixel 2 xl. it's buttery smooth. 3T is also buttery smooth and is still a very capable phone. i like the song recognizing feature. the squeeze thing is pretty gimmicky. wish it could do something else other than pull up assistant. it feels like what the 5T should have been in terms of hardware. i don't think i'm that hardcore of a power user anymore to make use of 6/8 gb ram. that seems like wasted resources. but then again, the pixel 2 xl was damn near $1000.

i do miss the notification rocker and front fingerprint sensor. but the camera and photo storage sold me on the pixel. definitely worth a buy at the Vzw discounted rate, but prob look for something else at retail price.

Tenablebard, philesk and mb67 like this.
  7. mb67 Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 25, 2017

philesk and Tenablebard like this.
  8. philesk Gingerbread Jan 31, 2018

philesk, Jan 31, 2018 :
    I got my new Essential PH-1 on the BF sale. Have since received several updates, sideloaded Oreo 8.0 Beta3 and got the Jan 5 security update on Jan 10. My OnePlus phones are in a drawer. Oreo 8.1 beta is due in a week or so. Loving my PH-1. I think I'm over OnePlus. I am a little envious of the Razer and Pixel 2 but I just cannot justify the high cost.

Tenablebard likes this.
  9. HairyMilkshakes Honeycomb Feb 8, 2018

10. sfomin Nougat Feb 8, 2018

11. philesk Gingerbread Feb 15, 2018

philesk, Feb 15, 2018 :
    No rain in SF Bay Area.
    Just got OTA update to Oreo 8.1 Beta 1 on my Essential PH-1. Came with Feb security patches . Oh, and supports Treble. My two OPOs and one OP2 were abandoned by OP and now live in a drawer. In response, I have abandoned OnePlus.... Feels good.

Tenablebard likes this.
  12. HairyMilkshakes Honeycomb Feb 20, 2018

HairyMilkshakes, Feb 20, 2018 :
    So I am still on the hunt for a good phone... ideally something with dual-sim. Been looking at the Note 8 but am finding it extremely hard to justify a $700+ purchase for a phone. With a trade-in and employee discount I can MAYBE get it down to $550 range.

13. mb67 Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 25, 2018

mb67, Feb 25, 2018 :
    I still really like my Razer Phone. It's been awesome to have this crazy refresh rate.

14. gooobiePLS Honeycomb Feb 28, 2018

gooobiePLS, Feb 28, 2018 :
    OP5T? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I still really like my P2XL. Battery life last me more than a 12hr day at work and the camera is awesome. Price, however... different story

15. gooobiePLS Honeycomb Mar 29, 2018

gooobiePLS, Mar 29, 2018 :
    Good day, ya'll. Just wanted to check in and say that I got my invite to not buy another OP phone. It's notch what you think...

BTW, my panda is no longer a panda.. for now. White carbon fiber dbrand. debating if I want to put the black on the glass portion.

https://imgur.com/a/Tt9GY

16. mb67 Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 29, 2018

17. philesk Gingerbread Apr 8, 2018

philesk, Apr 8, 2018 :
    Me too. Just got April 5 security update (on April 6 no less!) to Oreo 8.1 stable on my PH-1. I'm slightly envious of the Razer refresh rate but I can live without it since I'm not a big gamer

Tenablebard and mb67 like this.
  18. steeba Gingerbread Apr 23, 2018

Tenablebard, gooobiePLS and mb67 like this.
  19. _Ravi_Kumar_shukla Cupcake May 10, 2018

20. _Ravi_Kumar_shukla Cupcake May 10, 2018