California : Returns under 14 day Policy! anyone??

1. artbeat
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 11, 2014

artbeat , Aug 11, 2014 :
    ISSUE #1

Did any one from CA happen to return their phone with in 14 days! If yes where did you have to ship it? to the California warehouse OR to China!?

-I submitted a ticket for RAM on the 4th day i received! and its past 20 days and i did not hear from them. To be safe I opened a Paypal Claim on 13th day! But still I haven't heard from them...

-I just wanted to see what my options would be. If I were to ship it to China, how much would be shipping and If I have to pay the shipping!

OR

-Can we contest that I can only ship it to where I got from ( South California warehouse)!?
    ----------------------------------------------------

ISSUE #2

If I end up keeping the phone, and if in the warranty period, for example my battery goes bonkers, Will they be providing shipping both ways like any other US electronic company or NO?

Asking because, OP is not clear on these terms in their FAQ's, and these are important to me.
    They never got back on my emails on these queries!
    ----------------------------------------------------

Any Info will be appreciated!

Thanks
    AB

2. artbeat

3. Raptor619

4. shuhan
    Eclair Aug 11, 2014

shuhan , Aug 11, 2014 :
    No idea, I'd try private message the staff account on the forum. Btw, why did you want to return it?

5. artbeat

artbeat , Aug 11, 2014 :
    I have a list of issues, (some might be hardware and some might be software we dont know). I asked them to let me know, if my issues would be fixed with software updates, or if its hardware issue. If its hardware I would like RMA for return or exchange. thats what my request was to OP.

6. shuhan
    Eclair Aug 11, 2014

shuhan , Aug 11, 2014 :
    For example?
    Have you looked up online to see if others have the same problem?

7. Haedes
    Honeycomb Aug 11, 2014

8. artbeat

9. Haedes
    Honeycomb Aug 11, 2014

Haedes , Aug 11, 2014 :
    In this case but the warranty should be the same pretty much. Good luck.

10. rhosman
    Froyo Aug 11, 2014

rhosman , Aug 11, 2014 :
    Sorry to hear that you are returning it.

11. softorama

softorama , Aug 11, 2014 :
    Umm.. Hope your issues get resolved soon. It seems from the august update that they want to boost support before they add more invites

12. aspherical
    Jelly Bean Aug 11, 2014

aspherical , Aug 11, 2014 :
    Seems like many people are waiting on an RMA, but has anyone actually completed one and sent the phone back?

13. amyotun
    Froyo Aug 11, 2014

amyotun , Aug 11, 2014 :
    Did you submit the support ticket before submitting RMA for the return?

I am not from CA but from NY returning my OnePlus.
    Submitted the support ticket on July 28
    Asked me to submit RMA for the return on August 6.
    RMA was approved on August 7. Provided the address( Rosemead CA) to which I need to ship. On the same day, I shipped it with USPS , followed by providing the tracking number to the support by email.
    On August 9, USPS tracking confirmed that the package was delivered.

I am not sure how long the actual refund process will take. So, I will just wait to see how it goes.

Update: In my case, the support managed to complete the refund process (August 12) 3 days after receiving my returned package. I was also notified that it will take an extra day to deposit into the bank account , linked with PayPal.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014

Sepanda likes this.
  14. artbeat

artbeat , Aug 11, 2014 :
    I submitted just one ticket asking a RMA based on the confirmation if the listed issues be fixed with software update or not!?

15. RahulDogra
    Donut Oct 7, 2014