[Submitted] Call audio problems after Android 10 update

1. Austin72
    Gingerbread Sep 1, 2020

2. access9
    Cupcake Sep 2, 2020

access9 , Sep 2, 2020 :
    My wife is having the same issue. It happened right from the start of a full factory reset. The toggling of the speaker works as a temporary solution.

3. Xamentle_
    Donut Oct 22, 2020

Xamentle_ , Oct 22, 2020 :
    I have the same issue, and I have had this problem since day one, after I updated from android 9 to android 10, and you said you "definitely would work on the problem" back in late June, and I kinda feel that it should have been fixed at this stage, especially when this is a pretty critical issue and not just a small bug, this problem causes every day problems for people, especially for people how maybe use their phone for maybe work or that kinda stuff, and not just do it for fun. I have had a lot patience but that's over now, I have waited way to long for this to be fixed, if you don't fix this soon it will damage your reputation, customers who have a 5T with this problem, maybe don't say good stuff about you and don't recommend you to people, i always have liked you OnePlus, that's why I got my brother to switch from iphone to the OnePlus 7 pro, because of your good reputation and support, but this is not the good support that you used to give us customers, shame on you OnePlus shame on you...

4. ggquirkiv
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2020

ggquirkiv , Nov 7, 2020 :
    I have been having the same issue for months. I have a 6T on Mint Mobile. Seems to happen after a short period of time on a call and whether I made the call or received it. Person on the other side reports hearing mechanical screeching when I am not talking. This sometimes degrades so that we both only hear this mechanical screeching sound. Resetting seems to help temporarily although this is hard to confirm. Seems to happen in both speakerphone or regular phone conversation. I've also tried updating my APN settings to the latest reco'd for my carrier with no improvement noted.

Is this being worked on? Is there a fix? I'm in the window for a new phone and this issue will force me away from OnePlus if this is not addressed.

5. D1572340775985
    Cupcake Nov 12, 2020

D1572340775985 , Nov 12, 2020 :
    I have been having this exact same problem ever since I upgraded to Android 10 about 2-3 months ago. I surely thought that it would have gotten diagnosed and fixed in that time with a system update "bug fix" by OnePlus ... so why hasn't it???? This is beyond annoying .. it is ridiculous. Like someone else posted, after all these are PHONES so shouldn't they be able to do the most basic thing that a phone does ... make and/or get calls without any problems?!?!?

I would like someone from OnePlus to post here with an official response hopefully acknowledging that there is, in fact, a problem and how they intend to resolve it ... and WHEN (and it should be SOON .. in fact, it should have already been resolved by now, sad to say).

6. StefanvanA
    Cupcake Nov 30, 2020

7. Libete
    Cupcake Dec 12, 2020

Libete , Dec 12, 2020 :
    I only got this "upgrade" in November and I am disgusted to read that OnePlus is still using this bugged 10.0.1 and sending it out. I spent over an hour on a webchat with someone at OP to be told that it was my phone that was faulty not the upgrade, even though I pointed out that it was fine until I got it. Clearly OP have not got enough respect for their customers to even respond any more on this forum. I was told to either send the phone in to repair, at my expense or wait a few months for an update. Like others, I use my phone for work and it is incredibly frustrating. I now just have an expensive paperweight.

8. Superkaede888
    Cupcake Dec 12, 2020

Superkaede888 , Dec 12, 2020 :
    Same problem with OnePlus 6T with latest update as Dec 12 2020. This problem has been going for months without fix. This totally rendered the phone useless. If the phone can't make a call then it's not a phone anymore.
    Really disappointed with OnePlus, been loyal customer since their OnePlus One launch back with Cyanogen mod, still have it. Also bought 3T, 5, 6, 6T and 7 Pro and every time I always bought 2 one is for my brother. That's 12 phones total thru the years!!!!! And this is how you repay us?
    Sorry but you are not the "flagship killer" anymore you are just another high end phone like Samsung... then it begs the question why would I keep buying you? software update support??? HA! You just lost one of your base customer wonder how many of us left.

I'm ditching OnePlus and Android altogether. Switching to iPhones, I used to loath apple for their low specs, but if your software is crap then it doesn't matter how fast your hardware is.
    Ditching android altogether because I need a all in one solution for phone and message system + video calls. Apple offers them all and Face Time's quality is unrivaled, also it is integrated into MacOS seamlessly. That and CarPlay which is WIRELESS in compare to the finicky Android Auto using some questionable chinese usb dongle and software. Also Google Maps is available on iOS... I don't care about the storage cap, got an Unraid + Nexcloud at home + unlimited data plan (same one I use with my 6T). Plus Apple support their products waaaaaaay longer than any Android phone. SE version going for $350, but no need to sacrifice screen real state, all I have to do is just NOT buy the next OnePlus and boom same amount of money for an iphone.

E1608594109637 likes this.
  9. MarcoTerzulli
    Froyo Dec 12, 2020

MarcoTerzulli , Dec 12, 2020 :
    Totally agreeing with you. I'm doing exactly the same, since OnePlus is simply not giving a duck about the bugs that it introduced with the latest major updates.
    I thought OnePlus was the best in supporting their customers, but that's not true anymore.

10. Bayougrizz
    Cupcake Dec 18, 2020

Bayougrizz , Dec 18, 2020 :
    Same issues with my OP6. I even tried factory reset and it seemed to make it worse. This was by far the best damn phone ive ever had to this point. I want to love it again and have restored faith that OP gives a damn.

11. N1595361383664
    Cupcake Dec 19, 2020

N1595361383664 , Dec 19, 2020 :
    I'm still having this problem. Was really hoping the 10.0.1 update would help; but all that did was introduce another issue, where the camera sometimes locks up upon saving, and I have to restart to get the camera to work again.
    I'm afraid to accept further updates, as they may bring additional bugs. However I have to keep trying them, to possibly have a fix for reliable calls with my boss and coworkers, or in case of an emergency...

12. MIKEYKK
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2021

MIKEYKK , Jan 23, 2021 :
    i am having same issue even with custom rom reboot helps for a while then it returns

13. MIKEYKK
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2021

MIKEYKK , Jan 23, 2021 :
    same here reboot only temporary fix now i am having similar issues with my 7tpro

14. nglaus
    Cupcake Feb 1, 2021

nglaus , Feb 1, 2021 :
    This is the 3rd thread discussing this issue I have read and not one has any response from @Oneplus. I have this issue one a OnePlus 5 which is an outdated phone but I wish the last update they will probably ever release for it didn't ruin it. It has cast a bad light on them in my book. Even if they responded that they weren't going to address it I would have some sense of closure but ignoring it is really poor customer service.

15. onno204
    Cupcake Feb 5, 2021

onno204 , Feb 5, 2021 :
    I have te same issue for about a year now on my OP5T
    It is very annoying when u work from home and your colleague cannot hear you.
    When will this be fixed??

16. froimsj
    Cupcake Apr 30, 2021

froimsj , Apr 30, 2021 :
    I have had the same issue intermittently on my OP5T for a couple of months. I just tried the speaker phone workaround - it worked for me. That doesn't make this lack of response from Oneplus acceptable.

17. S1566206958554
    Cupcake May 8, 2021