call forwarding issue

1. C1559913702531 Cupcake Jun 7, 2019

C1559913702531, Jun 7, 2019 :
    call forwarding issue // trying to set up call forwarding on my OnePlus 7 Pro but getting an error : call settings error. network or sim card error. Done with some troubleshooting steps like rebooting the device, removing/inserting back the simcard, reset app prefererence, manual network search and wipe cache partition but none of them work

TheGlissando likes this.
  2. TheGlissando Donut Jun 15, 2019

TheGlissando, Jun 15, 2019 :
    C1559913702531

call forwarding issue // trying to set up call forwarding on my OnePlus 7 Pro but getting an error : call settings error. network or sim card error. Done with some troubleshooting steps like rebooting the device, removing/inserting back the simcard, reset app prefererence, manual network search and wipe cache partition but none of them work

I have the same issue with my GM1910 12GB/256GB; however, I am using dual sims. T-Mobile (Voice) -1, Verizon (Data) - 2.

I AM able to access call forwarding settings on SIM 1 T-Mobile if I switch the data over to the SIM 2 Verizon. It's so weird.

If I remove the Verizon SIM, I am unable to access the T-Mobile Call Forwarding settings via Android's Call Settings menu like you.

I have a second line with T-Mobile, and tested it's SIM in the phone only. I get the same result. However in the other phone I use the SIM in, I am able to set call forwarding settings via Android's Call Settings menu.

Who is your carrier? I'm with T-Mobile for voice, I spent about 20 minutes on the phone with them just so I could have my number forwarded. Also using USSD codes does not work for me. I get an Invalid MMI message back. This is an inconvenience.

Hopefully OnePlus sees this and can bring forward a solution for this.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019

3. psinferno Cupcake Jun 18, 2019

psinferno, Jun 18, 2019 :
    This is really annoying, it doesn't work with my phone (oneplus 7 pro).
    And I searched the internet and a lot of people are having problems with that (but only with Oneplus devices).
    With my iphone it is absolutely no problem (same sim) and with the Oneplus it doesn't work.
    I can't set in the settings (something about a network or sim error) and also an error in the dialer with the mmi codes.
    I really need that forwarding.

TheGlissando likes this.
  4. TheGlissando Donut Jun 22, 2019

TheGlissando, Jun 22, 2019 :
    Hello, I wanted to share an update. The call forwarding issue I reported in this thread on my GM1910 12GB/256GB is now resolved.

I can access and manage call forwarding from Android's Call Settings menu independent of which sim I am using for data.

Not sure what has changed, as I didn't do anything... I'm just glad it's working!