[Answered] Call recording is disabled in Canada even though it's legal in Canada

1. Xenomorph5354
    Donut Aug 1, 2018

Xenomorph5354 , Aug 1, 2018 :
    I am unable to access Recording calls feature in the phone app which should be allowed for me because in Canada the law about recording calls is that if your in a phone call you are allowed to record it without the other person's permission as since you only need 1 persons permission which would be yourself. Can you enable the call recording features for Canada? We need the feature please https://legaltree.ca/node/908

deangilvin likes this.
  2. deangilvin
    Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2018

3. Xenomorph5354
    Donut Aug 3, 2018

Xenomorph5354 , Aug 3, 2018 :
    it wouldn't be turned on in the US because the laws there are different you require both peoples permission if your going to be recording them in a phone call in Canada you do not need the person's permission if your going to be recording them in a phone call

4. deangilvin
    Jelly Bean Aug 3, 2018

deangilvin , Aug 3, 2018 :
    You do not need both parties permission in all states. Only 11 states require 2 party consent and Federal law is only 1 party consent. The state I am only requires 1 as are many states. So please before posting incorrect information you may want to just not post at all. And did you also know if you have a beep every 10 seconds you don't need to tell them anything?

It isn't Oneplus' place to decide what should and should not be allowed in regards to this issue. Are they blocking adding recording apps? No Has any app that does record been sued? No So there is no rational argument why a feature has been crippled. I don't live in mainland China or some other country where the government dictates everything.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018

5. Xenomorph5354
    Donut Aug 3, 2018

Xenomorph5354 , Aug 3, 2018 :
    ok I didn't know that only a few States required 2nd party consent but yes OnePlus should make call recording available in Canada and the States I asked them about it and was told it's only available in India and China

6. enyon
    Eclair Aug 29, 2019

enyon , Aug 29, 2019 :
    It's all Googles fault for blocking functionality for "security" reasons... Call recording was working perfectly year ago. Now I can get only microphone to record on my OP5