Caller ID for SMS identification #PMChallenge

1. Kunwarpreet_
    Cupcake Feb 8, 2019

Kunwarpreet_ , Feb 8, 2019 :
    I think that we can introduce the features of caller id to the Messaging app. It's simple, effective, user friendly and highly useful. This way the SMS we get from banks, telecom and other services wont be labelled as they are. For example, if someone gets an SMS from Airtel, the thread is under the name of something like AD-ARTL, it's the same for banks and other services. With the caller id introduced to the SMS app, the thread should be named as Airtel, XYZ Bank, 'network carrier' etc.

Who are the users?

Everyone who uses any smartphone would appreciate this because at times it becomes a tedious task to look for a particular SMS, with the caller id in SMS app, finding the thread won't be that tiring.

What is the proposed function?
    The SMS app would use caller id to identify texts from services like taxi, banks, network operator and label them as the name of the service instead of something like AB-WXYZ, AA_BBBB, etc where it becomes difficult to identify the sender when looking for some messages. This would also make it easier to identify spam messages and block the senders.

What is the user value?
    For users, their inbox will become neat and look more organized that how it looks right now. It would make the UI more user friendly and this little feature will be appreciated by millions.

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    There is a similar function in MIUI called "Yellow Pages". What yellow pages does is exactly the feature I want to see in Oxygen OS. There's a little problem in Yellow Pages though, it also identifies unknown callers and numbers you look up using Google and saves them on the phone without user's permission. The app doesn't work without access to contacts and saving random contacts on the phone is something users don't like. Also, the app doesn't identify all the senders and also isn't 100% accurate. My proposed feature would be limited to identifying the senders of SMS and make the inbox look neat and would be accurate. The accuracy would increase with the help of community where if there's a new unknown SMS sender, community members would have the ability to label it.

I have attached some images for the proposed feature.

How it looks right now.

upload_2019-2-8_19-30-57.jpeg

How will my feature implementation look like.
    upload_2019-2-8_19-31-23.png

There will still be some unknown senders, so we can have a feature to update the information on unknown and even update the details of misidentified sender by a popup menu which appears on long pressing

upload_2019-2-8_19-34-27.png