Caller Identification Open Beta Version Launched in India

1. MKT_IRFAN3735 Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 7, 2019

MKT_IRFAN3735, Jan 7, 2019 :
    that's nice

2. gaster KitKat Moderator Jan 8, 2019

gaster, Jan 8, 2019 :
    I am glad to hear this @Gary C. It's very important in my opinion that OnePlus aiming to provide the best data privacy of their users. I hope you really doing this guys. Also thanks for the questions answered @Manu J. and for the heads up guys. Good luck with this. I hope the feedback you need, will not late at all. Have a great week everyone.

3. jaksridhar Froyo Jan 8, 2019

jaksridhar, Jan 8, 2019 :
    dual volte was already in the one plus 6t

4. P1541175826154 Cupcake Jan 8, 2019

5. Tobikage Marshmallow Jan 8, 2019

Hydra Bob and BeingIncog like this.
  6. alishan212 Froyo Jan 8, 2019

alishan212, Jan 8, 2019 :
    I'm impressed more and more each day to see how far OnePlus goes to make sure its customers are safe, protected, and enjoy a seamless mobile experience.
    I recieve about five to ten spam calls a day on average. I've given up trying to do anything about it. This feature is a blessing in disguise.
    I can't wait for this to reach the stable OTA channels. I'm looking forward to making full use of this feature!

7. JayasundarRB Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 8, 2019

8. S1531645900003 Cupcake Jan 8, 2019

U1542217691283 likes this.
  9. longtime_user Eclair Jan 8, 2019

10. Meet@321 Gingerbread Jan 8, 2019

Meet@321, Jan 8, 2019 :
    I agree

11. Abhi Dahiya Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 8, 2019

Abhi Dahiya, Jan 8, 2019 :
    Being an Indian OnePlus user, i absolutely despise this feature or bloatware to be precise.

Provide an option to uninstall it. Or release it as an standalone app on Playstore for OnePlus users.

I already use Truecaller from a long time and do not intend to replace it, since it has the best Caller Identification with the Largest Database in the world.

OnePlus identification will never be able to reach these levels even in a decade. So now, i will have to keep two bloatware apps to identify callers in my phone.

I can't believe OnePlus made this decision just because Indian users requested for it.
    To be fair, a large chunk of Indian users are Idiots(i am from India too). They will cry for all sorts of bloatware and shit, without realising that no bloatware is the beauty and strength of OxygenOS.

Don't listen too much for these Indian users. They are naive in technology. They will make you turn your OxygenOS into MIUI.

12. SoumyaMahunt Gingerbread Jan 8, 2019

SoumyaMahunt, Jan 8, 2019 :
    Instead of reinventing the wheel, they could have adopted Google's solution as it is much matured and available everywhere, also they are providing spam protection in android messages.

Plz oneplus adopt popular solution and invest your time in more pressing issue like camera, ui optimization and performance.

13. Funk Wizard Lollipop Moderator Jan 8, 2019

Funk Wizard, Jan 8, 2019 :
    The features are cherry picked based on majority or user requests, if you don't like it or don't want to participate, simply go into dialer settings and turn it off.

longtime_user likes this.
  14. nishant12819 Gingerbread Jan 8, 2019

15. Abhi Dahiya Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 8, 2019

Abhi Dahiya, Jan 8, 2019 :
    Just like Samsung has all the features in the world and one has the option to enable or disable them as per choice, but the issue is that it adds bloat in the software and disabling them is not a solution. Just like it creates issues in Samsung devices.

And i want OxygenOS to remain OxygenOS, not turn into One UI or MIUI or EMUI or Color OS.

Hydra Bob likes this.
  16. Funk Wizard Lollipop Moderator Jan 8, 2019

Funk Wizard, Jan 8, 2019 :
    The feature is still in alpha/beta stage and it's future depends on current user feedback. If majority finds it useful it will be added and as I said u always have the option to opt out of it.

17. Intruder71 KitKat Jan 8, 2019

Intruder71, Jan 8, 2019 :
    Haha oneplus and data security most of us don't believe any of you here, you have toyed with our privacy before (before you was a mod) and now you all refuse us the users where our data is going and who it's going to massive fail

18. florincostescu Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 8, 2019

florincostescu, Jan 8, 2019 :
    Why such an effort if Truecaller exists for everyone on the play store?

Better direct your team efforts in offering in-built call recorder for Android Pie! Since Google stopped 3rd party apps starting Pie version... That would be a great help for users

Milind.Deval and Abhi Dahiya like this.
  19. Intruder71 KitKat Jan 8, 2019

Intruder71, Jan 8, 2019 :
    ]
    You can't just say it's secure and data privacy is at the top of the list, let's face it not the first time oneplus has screwed its users for their personal data..
    Most of us older users don't believe this is a secure situation, you refuse to tell us who we are being force to trust this is not how a company should work!
    @Gary C. @Manu J. One of you come clean and tell us exactly who is collecting our data and where is the database stored? I shall ask this now every couple of hours, and hope some of the users do the same as we have a right TO KNOW!

20. syamkg12345 Honeycomb Jan 8, 2019

syamkg12345, Jan 8, 2019 :
    Very Good initiative... It's time to get rid of True Caller.. App isn't getting complex each day.