Calling the #photographers and selfie-takers!

1. Abdul B.
    OxygenOS Operations Staff Member Sep 5, 2020

Abdul B. , Sep 5, 2020 :
    WhatsApp Image 2020-09-05 at 2.38.21 PM.jpeg

Hey everyone,

How're you all doing? We're back with some exciting news. As you know, here at OnePlus, we believe in the co-creation with you, the ones who try, test, and refine all our features for ultimate performance and user experience. We're passionate about our user-driven features, molded by your feedback. We're counting on your contribution to this one as well.

In the past few weeks, we've seen a lot of feedback about Nord from the OnePlus users. We've come to realize how a new device truly rejuvenates one's interest in hobbies. One of these hobbies has been in photography. Whether it's the emptiness of the roads, the sunrises, and sunsets, or all the self-made delicacies, we've truly been able to take a sneak-peek into our users' life through the lens of Nord's camera.

Here's where you guys come in. We're introducing the Nord Camera Closed Feedback Program. This group will consist of members chosen from the community who display a keen interest in photography and cameras. These members will closely work with the camera team’s Product managers and help create the best camera experience for OnePlus users. Whether it's the filters, the tiny adjustments for perfection, or the sheer perspective of different shots, we're excited to see your creativity. Given this, you are required to sign an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) with OnePlus to be part of this program.

What you can expect:
    1. This project will be a mix of online activities and discussions. Members will engage in brainstorming sessions with the product team to ideate and contribute to Nord camera’s target areas.
    2. If chosen, you'll get an insight into the product team's processes, i.e. how they work or come upon ideas to implement. In the end, your contribution and ideas will make into the final features that will be incorporated in the camera.
    To qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
    1. OnePlus Nord user
    2. Passion for the lenses! Members who are enthusiastic about cameras and photography.
    3. An eagerness or yearning to improve the OnePlus Nord camera with your ideas.
    4. Creative ideas or suggestions to create a better camera user experience.
    5. Be willing to communicate and provide feedback to the OnePlus team regularly.
    We're looking forward to your applications here-Apply here

Never Settle

2. Ashwardhan.
    Eclair Sep 5, 2020

Ashwardhan. , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 5, 2020 :
    Hii!! Everyone..... Who can give the best feedback..... I think one who have good peer to peer discussion can give..... Give your best review and help other OnePlus users to have better camera performance...
    1599300643613.jpg

1599300643693.jpg

3. HarshKK14
    Honeycomb Sep 5, 2020

HarshKK14 , via OnePlus 7 , Sep 5, 2020 :
    I really like the idea. This will surely help in improving the cameras of the Nord. When the users themselves will have a say in the camera mechanism, they will be more satisfied and pleased with the camera performance.

One doubt @Abdul B. , can those candidates join who do not have derailed knowledge about cameras. I mean, they might not know kuch about aperture, ISO, etc. Only a photographer, who enjoys taking pics and is concerned about the OnePlus Nord's camera?

r.pihu likes this.
  4. Rryuk
    Eclair Sep 5, 2020

5. ARAVINDKJ
    Camera Product Team Staff Member Sep 5, 2020

ARAVINDKJ , Sep 5, 2020 :
    Hey, @HarshKK14 I'm glad to see that you like the idea. You are absolutely right- we will be able to improve the camera experience of NORD in the best way when we hear voices from our users directly. To answer your question- one does not have to be a pro photographer to be a part of this program- meaning, we don't expect the candidate to know about aperture, ISO, etc. The ideal candidates are those who absolutely love taking pictures and are keen on co-creating a great Camera experience on NORD by regularly sharing feedback :) Hope this answers your question.

6. Aralappanavar
    Eclair Sep 5, 2020

7. Shakti045
    Froyo Sep 5, 2020

Shakti045 , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 5, 2020 :
    photography on nord is perfect,,only one thing add the feature of DOC(DOCUMENTS),,SO THAT WE CAN TAKE PHOTO OF DOCUMENTS WITHOUT CROPPING IT ..AND BEFORE IT SOLVE THE NETWORK ISSUE.

8. Rohitsen123
    Froyo Sep 5, 2020

Balasubhrish and S1598267805341 like this.
  9. Nilesh1984
    Cupcake Sep 5, 2020

10. W1598531947190
    Cupcake Sep 5, 2020

11. W1598531947190
    Cupcake Sep 5, 2020

12. Sudesh02
    Cupcake Sep 5, 2020

14. AbuSundas
    Donut Sep 5, 2020

AbuSundas , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 5, 2020 :
    It's really nice to see that you are taking interest in camera section of OnePlus Nord but I request to provide an immediate fix to many other bugs that exist in Nord.
    1599311987534.jpg

15. ifotechsys
    Cupcake Sep 5, 2020

16. Mrunalinimunny
    Cupcake Sep 5, 2020

Fc København likes this.
  17. Last edited: Sep 5, 2020

19. TheZestyGeist , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Sep 5, 2020 :
    Dear @Abdul B., I think this is a great initiative. thanks for the thread. It will be a delight to Nord users like me to have improvements in the camera abilities. Specially a few items that is still lagging I found even with the latest OS update:
    - Burst photography: the shutter speed is a bit slow and automatic, no control by user. Also no burst mode for 48MP and with filters
    - Low light front and back cam performances: the noise is much higher.
    - No option to modify WB, ISO and focus settings in video modes (time lapse or normal or Slow Mo)
    - No option button to switch from Normal to Slow Mo while capturing videos
    - Sensitivity of 5MP depth sensing camera is very poor or low (almost nil). Feels like it's a dummy
    - 2MP Macro cam is probably used for Super Macro mode but I found it is much better in using normal cams (48 or 12MP) and then crop or zoom while post processing. So Super Macro mode needs tuning. Lots of grains.

So much for now. Will share more as I find.
    I'm learning a lot about photography after I got Nord and wish to be a part of some India Nord community exclusive where we all can share knowledge and experiences.
    Looking to be a part of the improvement team.
    🥂

P.S. (new edit) Thanks for the likes of this thread, this is very encouraging. I have an Insta account as well, pretty early stage, but started putting photos there on my experiments. All are welcome to visit and follow me for updates. Currently focussing on Macro and Astro photography. Posting almost regularly.

Instagram ID: kay_bee_13

Please use #MyExperiementsWithPhotons to be partners and share ideas and knowledge.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020