CALM DOWN everybody

1. iwarind
    Gingerbread Nov 28, 2014

iwarind , Nov 28, 2014 :
    February is just a couple of months!!! For God's sake, why are people making a hue and cry about the lack of updates! being disappointed about lack of 'cyanogen updates' is a different thing and understandable but I honestly dont think its that big an issue as long as the updates rolling out in Feb(the promised lollipop) is a decent one and going by their word on the forum, its gonna be bloatfree and stable - almost like cyanogen. So people please stop repeating the cries of no update support. Samsungs and Sonys update once or twice a year..even Nexuses give updates once in a 2-3 months and they are shipping with a stable 44s being used globally right now and it will more than hold for a couple of months! Just CALM down!

2. SUNIL GS
    Gingerbread Nov 28, 2014

SUNIL GS , Nov 28, 2014 :
    True mane..Why everyone is so pissed off..Only thing which must be expected is the pricing.I hope there must be price drop if there is no cyanogen..

allmix likes this.
  3. girakshay
    Eclair Nov 28, 2014

girakshay , Nov 28, 2014 :
    @iwarind Thanks buddy for the clarification. People are making hue and cry about this issue. Just because they aren't getting CM after Feb doesn't mean they have to stick to the given rom. They can have likes of AOKP, PA, etc from XDA after rooting their device.

goforbg, SUNIL GS and iwarind like this.
  4. jags
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 28, 2014

5. iwarind
    Gingerbread Nov 28, 2014

iwarind , Nov 28, 2014 :
    Exactly! People who are disappointed by the lack of "Cyanogen", I am assuming have used it before and the only way that is possible is rooting. So cyanogen fans should already know how to get it up and running. And for the others who are just chiming in cause everybody else is should stop getting so pissed and wait for the official OPO update which is just around the corner. They were gonna launch it for OPO2 so obviously it must not be so bad. Just have patience.

6. iwarind
    Gingerbread Nov 28, 2014

Harnish44, Arunraj Nayak and jags like this.
  7. SUNIL GS
    Gingerbread Nov 28, 2014

Believe it or not I have my old samsung i9003 which is running cyanogen with kitkat..We can put any OS on it..So dont need to make a big fuss about this though it is still disappointing..

I felt really bad because they have never told to us till the end moment.. :-(

Harnish44 likes this.
  8. gauravanshu
    Gingerbread Nov 28, 2014

gauravanshu , Nov 28, 2014 :
    And I think if we want latest cyanogenmod then we can download from its website and install it on our device coz for global devices that r regularly making updates is m I right?

9. iwarind
    Gingerbread Nov 28, 2014

iwarind , Nov 28, 2014 :
    I am sure it was not in the hands of OPO.. No company would want to announce this a couple days before a gala launch in one of the most important markets for it so much that it had to introduce special invites and service partners exclusively for India, but shit happens. Atleast OPO allow warranty claims even after rooting..who does that.. So just root, put anything you want and enjoy! Time better spent than ranting here! :D

10. SUNIL GS
    Gingerbread Nov 28, 2014

True!!

11. iwarind
    Gingerbread Nov 28, 2014

iwarind , Nov 28, 2014 :
    You can even install ROMs more modified than cyanogenmod like Paranoid Android or AOKP or the likes and some of them provide OTA of their own. N if you do the same thing for a phone of some other manufacturer, they void your warranty but OPO allows warranty claims even after rooting! So who's stopping ya? Time to enjoy your phone in newer ways now! ;)

gauravanshu and Harnish44 like this.
  12. sandys
    Eclair Nov 28, 2014

sandys , Nov 28, 2014 :
    the problem is not OPO, but the local partner who will give warranty and support to the phone. By this, I am assuming it means that if you install an international ROM (CM or anything) on your phone.. the local partner will consider it "warranty void".

Remember, you can complain all you like - but OPO has no way of enforcing this. The local partner will say "boss.. I cant support all this rooting/shooting. Anything other than official OS is not covered by warranty".

this is a disaster. very, very bad luck :(

kidrow likes this.
  13. Anket
    Gingerbread Nov 28, 2014

Anket , Nov 28, 2014 :
    But its better they told us before the launch .. This company is loyal to their consumers

iwarind likes this.
  14. kidrow

kidrow , Nov 28, 2014 :
    Well, though I'm not going all paranoid (android!) over this, few reasons that may be making people panic-

1. 'In-house' OS is unknown... So it's essentially the fear of the unknown.
    2. Not everyone wants to go the flashing root.
    3. There's also the feeling of being robbed of something which was taken for granted. & to add insult to injury, only Indians will suffer because of how CM has decided to discriminate.
    4. Confusion about what Rom the phone is going to ship with.

Whichever way you look at it, this definitely takes some sheen off.

rajeevbthakar and havoc23 like this.
  15. kidrow

kidrow , Nov 28, 2014 :
    This.

16. cabhay
    KitKat Nov 28, 2014

cabhay , Nov 28, 2014 :
    if you read the letter properly you can know that global users will get lollipop in next update and we have to wait till feb

17. iwarind
    Gingerbread Nov 28, 2014

iwarind , Nov 28, 2014 :
    1. From their blog post, it seems that it will be a bloatfree close to vanilla android OS. They were already developing it since a while for their OPO2, its not like they are cooking it haphazardly just now cos of this problem. And going by their history, I am sure they wont disappoint their fans. Fingers crossed, and yeah if you dont like the OS, you can flash global CM anyday and if you are skeptic still, you can opt to wait till Feb till the os launch or atleast dec end when they release their beta OS..
    2. Rooting doesnt void the warranty and its pretty easy for someone who knows Cyanogenmod and is adamant about it.
    3. Yeah it is frustrating but then thats the only way around for now. Look at it like this. They are giving service centres just in India. The rest of the world didnt start cursing them for this cos they need to ship the phone all the way back to China in case of an issue.
    4. It will ship with cyanogenmod 44S, the latest and the most stable build. It shouldnt give any issues till the update atleast.

18. iwarind
    Gingerbread Nov 28, 2014

iwarind , Nov 28, 2014 :
    I dont think so. As far as I know, CM12 - the lollipop is still in its alpha. It would take another couple of months to get to a stable daily driver build. So it'll be round about the same time unless you have some inside info. :D

19. nimish_rathod

nimish_rathod , Nov 28, 2014 :
    U r right brother
    There will be CM in phone

20. cabhay
    KitKat Nov 28, 2014

cabhay , Nov 28, 2014 :
    quoting the letter "The One will continue to be supported globally and receive frequent OTAs. In fact, the next update will pack some surprises with which we think you’ll be very happy. "