Camera blank screen after 10.3.12

1. hendrachristian
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2021

hendrachristian , Aug 2, 2021 :
    Just like a couple of people who mentioned their camera stops working after the update, mine too.

When I open the camera app, it's totally blank. I have deleted camera storage & cache data, same thing. Restarted many times, same thing. I have GCam, it crashes immediately.

Tried to access the camera from other app like instagram also show a blank screen, both front and back camera.

Tried to attach pictures in an app that normally also include ability to take pictures crashes the app immediately.

On an unrelated note, for the past half a year or more probably, the phone ssd (or maybe other components) seems to have aged badly and the phone lags very very very much throughout the day. A lot of freezes. It lags many times even to do simple things like typing, so you might be typing and it froze, but if you kept typing, after like 5-10 secs, it suddenly fast-typed the text you did when it froze (happening as I'm writing this post even though I just restarted 15 mins ago). Sometimes when I backspace once or twice, it suddenly just backspaced the whole paragraph letter by letter even after I lifted the finger long before and I couldn't do anything, couldn't interrupt. So no choice but to retyped everything.

A simple task like scrolling a website also stuttered a lot, often have to wait like 5-10 secs to scroll as if it's loading the whole internet at the moment.

It's like it's constantly working extremely hard in the background even though nothing really is running. So I pretty much have to restart the phone daily. Sometimes more than once or twice a day just to reset the phone to a more "normal" state.

And on another problem, probably a full day work will require me to recharge 3-4 times. So the battery degraded much too I guess.

2. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Aug 2, 2021

Dresa91 , Aug 2, 2021 :
    Did you try resetting your phone or rolling back to the previous version?

3. Master_TC
    KitKat Aug 2, 2021

Master_TC , Aug 2, 2021 :
    It is obvious that your phone needs a reset.
    Backup your data and make a factory reset with full erase of all data. Then setup your phone with only the hardly needed apps and look if you have the same problems.

4. hendrachristian
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2021

Dresa91

Did you try resetting your phone or rolling back to the previous version?​

wouldn't that wipe all my data? I have a lot of stuff accumulated over time and it would be a big pain to copy one by one and reinstall and re-setting all apps to how it is now.

Unless you mean there's a way to roll back the update without wiping out all data, then I prefer that to be the very last resort.

Or.. is there a less painful way I'm not aware of, maybe you can share the way to backup all, reset, reinstall everything. I think reinstall is automatic through signing in my google account, not sure what I would lose though. I'm normally very iffy about factory reset, as I might loose something I forgot to backup or some settings I didn't save.

5. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Aug 2, 2021

Dresa91 , Aug 2, 2021 :
    You can try this app: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/onepl...-0-release/keepdata-1-0-android-apk-download/
    (You can read a little bit of the app here: https://www.androidauthority.com/oneplus-update-data-wipe-1175847/ )
    But please backup your data before you reset or rollback.
    there is no guarantee that the data will be safe with this app.

6. hendrachristian
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2021

I'll have a look at this later.

One more thing keeping me from resetting is the fact that this also happen to others (as posted on other thread in this forum) which means resetting may not fix the problem. The update itself is the problem. So I may waste so so much time and risk some important data wiped for nothing really.

7. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Aug 3, 2021

Dresa91 , Aug 3, 2021 :
    Then submit a bug report via https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback and visit a service center/contact the support

8. hendrachristian
    Cupcake Aug 16, 2021

hendrachristian , via OnePlus 6 , Aug 16, 2021 :
    I have tried installing oxygen os 11 and the camera still didn't work. I then factory reset my oneplus 6, and still both camera (front and back) doesn't work. If the hardware itself is broken, it's weird that both is happening at the same time.
    So basically this phone is almost useless now. I can't even scan a QR code for Whatsapp Web on my PC for work.

9. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Aug 16, 2021

Dresa91 , Aug 16, 2021 :
    Did you test the Camera in safe mode?