Camera Camera crash issue on Oneplus 5

1. sulavkar
    Cupcake Dec 24, 2018

sulavkar , Dec 24, 2018 :
    Hi everyone!! I am having camera crash issue with my Oneplus 5. It crashes every time I open the camera app. It opens for 5-6 seconds and crashes each time. I tried clearing data of camera and also clearing cache from recovery, but no luck. I have tried hard reset the phone, re-locked the bootloader, completely back to stock, but still no luck with camera, it still crashes. Recently, I tried open beta with android 9, but still same with the camera.
    Does/did anyone have such problem with the phone? Any solution would be highly appreciated.
    I have attached the video here, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fgNFTNsEYsiHKsGC96jn6oT7EwQTH4zE/view?usp=sharing

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018

2. ziyauorrahamans
    Gingerbread Dec 25, 2018

3. Shweetu
    Cupcake Jan 9, 2019

Shweetu , Jan 9, 2019 :
    I am also facing this issue, but the camera crashes when the light is low.
    I believe this is a software issue, any bug fixing or update gonna launched any sooner by OnePlus?
    My phone software version is up to date right now.

4. G_KUMAR_RISHU_Madn
    Donut Jan 9, 2019

G_KUMAR_RISHU_Madn , Jan 9, 2019 :
    I am also having this problem not only this sometimes none of any minimized app opened again the phone get completely freezed and I have to restart my to get it working properly again this us nonow become a daily routine for my phone there is nothing seemless experience anymore which i were getting previously in oreo

5. Complaint_S
    Cupcake Feb 15, 2019

Complaint_S , Feb 15, 2019 :
    Hi,

I am facing the same issue as faced by sulavkar after recent update to my one plus 5.
    Issues faced :
    Camera crashes in a very short time.
    Portrait mode is completely gone.
    Selfie mode works sometimes and doesn't work sometimes.
    Shutter sound even though off getting sounds and it is really irritataing.

I bought one plus 5 because it had very good hype for camera.
    Now since camera itself is not working properly,I am completely disappointed for buying one plus 5.

Please let me know if there is any hopes if recovery.

6. sulavkar
    Cupcake Feb 16, 2019

sulavkar , Feb 16, 2019 :
    Guys!! The issue has been solved. I had to send my device to Oneplus service center, Hong Kong from Australia. I was in touch with Oneplus staff via email. They said it was software problem and asked me to ship the device. And BOOM!! Problem solved

7. Kathiravan Moorthy
    Cupcake Aug 27, 2019

Kathiravan Moorthy , Aug 27, 2019 :
    I am also seeing this issue from past few days after the recent update to 9.0.8 version. Both front and back camera is not working with the Camera app. Can someone help?

@sulavkar If its SW update, why they want to you ship the device?

8. sulavkar
    Cupcake Aug 27, 2019

sulavkar , Aug 27, 2019 :
    Thats what they said at that time. And since, I had other phone, it was not much of a problem to ship the phone. Also, at that time, my friends had oneplus 5, but their phones were working fine. Don't know what was wrong with my one. Btw, my dad is still using the phone and hasn't got any issue as of now.