Camera Features

1. pradhep
    Cupcake Oct 9, 2018

pradhep , Oct 9, 2018 :
    Oneplus camera app is the most simple app. It lacks cool features all the others provide. If im using a 3rd party app picture quality gets affected most of the times. As generally pictures taken by default app are really good. If few features are added in default app it would be great.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018

2. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Oct 9, 2018

the_o2 , Oct 9, 2018 :
    That's why most of the people prefer to buy OnePlus, simple clean and stock no bloatware...
    Well, you can answer this, why to buy a phone without seeing specifications..

xnutzii and Artemus like this.
  3. Deactivated User
    Oct 9, 2018

Artemus likes this.
  4. pradhep
    Cupcake Oct 9, 2018

pradhep , Oct 9, 2018 :

the_o2

That's why most of the people prefer to buy OnePlus, simple clean and stock no bloatware...

Well, you can answer this, why to buy a phone without seeing specifications..​

I agree with you but google pixel camera is not that bad its clutter free. What i'm trying to say in if something like that can be done why not with oneplus. As it has all hardware required for it.

5. pradhep
    Cupcake Oct 9, 2018

pradhep , Oct 9, 2018 :
    I'm not speaking for camera quality or about taking pictures. "flagship killer" is used by oneplus not me. All im asking is why not. Give an option to user, he can enable it or disable it.

Harry_96 likes this.
  6. Deactivated User
    Oct 9, 2018

7. pradhep
    Cupcake Oct 9, 2018

pradhep , Oct 9, 2018 :
    Samsungs bloat wear is in another level. If you have read my comments you could have got what i was saying. Clean UI is best, at the same time you can add few features that add value to the user, and it can be bloat free. Prime example here is google pixel. You can use it or leave it. I will say this again except for camera "extra" features i'm so happy with my 6.

8. Speedfire66
    Donut Oct 9, 2018

Speedfire66 , Oct 9, 2018 :
    I personally find the OP6 to have a great camera. Better than my S8+ at least. Perhaps it's worth picking the phone best suited to your needs.

9. pradhep
    Cupcake Oct 9, 2018

pradhep , Oct 9, 2018 :
    i too have taken great photos with my OP6. i dont have any complaints about camera or its quality. my question is as its having all the hardware to do everything why not implement few cool things. it adds value and user experience gets better. just 2-3 features it will not make it look bad.

10. Speedfire66
    Donut Oct 9, 2018

What features do you need? It's Android, just side load an APK. Like Google's camera app for example

Deactivated User likes this.
  11. pradhep
    Cupcake Oct 9, 2018

pradhep , Oct 9, 2018 :
    But picture quality gets affected most of the times. so its better to have few features in default app. An option can be given to enable it or disable it. And you know googles app is designed for single camera.

12. Speedfire66
    Donut Oct 9, 2018

I'm not sure what to suggest as I doubt an overhaul of the default app is on the horizon. Are you referring to options like the Samsung offerings? There is the Open Camera app?

13. pradhep
    Cupcake Oct 9, 2018

pradhep , Oct 9, 2018 :
    Samsungs is too much. what im suggesting is minimal features. like system animation or developer options you should be allowed to enable it or disable it. as i can see some dont like it. so turn off will help them.

14. Speedfire66
    Donut Oct 9, 2018

Put something into the feedback section for OnePlus with ideas. I'm sure they could look to add your feedback to later updates and who knows, we may get those cool features you're after.

pradhep likes this.
  15. the_o2

the_o2 , Oct 9, 2018 :
    About Pixel and iPhone cameras there are lot of developers working and you may know how much sallery they gonna get and what is the cost of their phones(hardware is almost same)..
    As I'm seeing OnePlus is moving on the way, like they introduce front camera portrait in OP6 and they promise to do it with 5/t as well, so I expect that 6T/7 will have some new camera features as well.
    The only bad thing I found is they introduce new features with new phone (Maybe other companies do so..)

pradhep likes this.
  16. pradhep
    Cupcake Oct 9, 2018

pradhep , Oct 9, 2018 :
    Adding new features to new phones is to sell those, as 5T works as good as 6 why whould you go to 6 if it does not heve anything new. As you said slowly oneplus is also going pixel and iphone route. As they increase price with every edition, eventhough current price of SD845 should be lower than what it was when 6 launched.

17. the_o2

the_o2 , Oct 9, 2018 :
    Yes, but still they are value for money product.

18. Speedfire66
    Donut Oct 9, 2018

I agree that price is creeping but the innovation is great. Under screen finger print scanner, VOOC charging, more efficiency and I'm hoping for a brighter peak knit on the 6t display. I may jump to the new one if it's compelling enough

19. pradhep
    Cupcake Oct 9, 2018

pradhep , Oct 9, 2018 :
    its an iterative version, so some things might be better. But i would suggest to go for next one thats yearly upgrade. if you have 5/t you can buy 6t otherwise its better to go for 7. And brightness can be enabled by software update as far as i have read, but i dont know why oneplus has not done that. As this panel supports higher brightness.