Camera focus issue

1. Vinuzzz
    Cupcake Sep 19, 2020

Vinuzzz , Sep 19, 2020 :
    My camera lens is not focusing properly. The top of the Image is always blur. This is happening all of sudden from today morning, I haven't updated anything though. I tried changing to C1, still the same issue, then upon changing to C2 the same issue. Could someone help on this. Thanks!

2. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Community Expert Sep 19, 2020

cdnfarmer , Sep 19, 2020 :
    Hi @Vinuzzz,

Are you using th 6 or 6T? How does the camera lens look like, any smudges or scratches? Does this happen in regular photo mode or just in pro mode? C1 and C2 are programmable /customized settings that you prefer using. I wonder what happens when you click the focus button
    Screenshot_20200918-004721__02.jpg
    Turn it to auto or manually slide it to see if that helps. I'm wondering if the focal point is an issue.

Could you please also include an example of what you are seeing?

Thanks.

3. Vinuzzz
    Cupcake Sep 19, 2020

Vinuzzz , Sep 19, 2020 :

cdnfarmer

Hi @Vinuzzz,

Are you using th 6 or 6T? How does the camera lens look like, any smudges or scratches? Does this happen in regular photo mode or just in pro mode? C1 and C2 are programmable /customized settings that you prefer using. I wonder what happens when you click the focus button
    View attachment 1438172
    Turn it to auto or manually slide it to see if that helps. I'm wondering if the focal point is an issue.

Could you please also include an example of what you are seeing?

Thanks.​

I am using OnePlus 6. It happens in all the modes. No scratches or debris in the physical lens. I am attaching a pic here for example.

Thanks!

1600484820819.jpg

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020

4. Roger.T
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 19, 2020

5. Vinuzzz
    Cupcake Sep 19, 2020

Vinuzzz , Sep 19, 2020 :
    Yup looks like portrait. But it's the normal mode. Even in videos the top parts are blurred. [e]1f623[/e] Physical lens looks very clear though.

6. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Community Expert Sep 19, 2020

cdnfarmer , Sep 19, 2020 :
    In what conditions are pictures taken? Is there wind ? What settings used? What happens when you tap to focus in the blurry area, does it change the outcome?

It seems odd that it happens on all modes and videos. I'm asking all the above questions to try and troubleshoot. I'm wondering if there is internal damage... my next area is consoder. Did the phone fall or get hit on something?

7. Vinuzzz
    Cupcake Sep 19, 2020

Vinuzzz , Sep 19, 2020 :
    Took picture in normal photo mode without zooming. No wind, it's same even for indore photos but I shared this as it could be the best example. Even when I tap to focus on the blurry area, it vibrates twice but vision remains same. Phone dint fall or hit anywhere. It was working fine until midnight, and it's weird to see this all of a sudden in the morning. [e]1f623[/e]

Thanks !

cdnfarmer likes this.
  8. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert Sep 19, 2020

Bouncer71 , Sep 19, 2020 :
    Sorry to ask that...
    But did you clean the lens?? 😉

Maybe also try another camera app to see if it's hard or software related...