Camera HDR Toggle

1. guorui9394
    Cupcake Sep 16, 2021

guorui9394 , Sep 16, 2021 :
    Hi

First of all, I want to mention that I think the HDR processing on this phone is not very good. It looks over-processed most of the time and I think the photos without HDR looks much better

However, I won't speak too much into that because it could be just my personal preference.

The problem that I'm really facing is HDR toggle button. Since I prefer the photos without HDR, I turned it off. However, after a while it will automatically turn back on to Auto-HDR mode again. This means that I have to manually turn it off almost every time when I want to use the camera.

I have try to clear the cache of the camera app but it remains the same. I'm not sure if this is a bug or it is the expected behavior of the camera app. Whatever it is, I hope that this can be fixed.

Apart from this, I really loved the phone after a month of usage!

2. pizzajet
    Cupcake Sep 16, 2021

pizzajet , Sep 16, 2021 :
    100 % agree. If they're going to keep HDR in the state it is in (over-sharpened, over-saturated, overly "noise reduced"), at least let us turn the damn feature off!!

3. Nivlheim
    Froyo Sep 18, 2021

Nivlheim , Sep 18, 2021 :
    200% agree too, it's very annoying. Only workaround I found is to use the camera in Expert mode (with all the settings in auto mode) because it don't have any HDR effect and the quality is still very good. Luckily when you quit and reopen the Camera App, even after a while, it remembers it was in Expert Mode.