Camera improvements required of ONEPLUS 5T

1. dan4kmie
    Cupcake Jan 2, 2018

2. O1514822293757
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 2, 2018

O1514822293757 , Jan 2, 2018 :
    One common thing that I have noticed in all these camera threads..No one will comment about a good picture taken with the 5T.. after a few posts the whining and crying about the camera will start again.
    These people who are crying are either from some other companies trying to bad mouth this phone or these idiots don't know how to use a camera or never has before...maybe their 5T is their first costly phone they ever bought and want it to be a SLR.
    My Nikon point and shoot camera takes much better pics than the iPhone x or the pixel 2....the reason being obvious.
    People are trying to take selfies on HDR, trying to take pictures in complete dark with the HDR mode on and complaining abt oil paint effect. Does these idiots know what the hell is HDR and when to use it and where?
    So instead of wasting time with these trolls it's better to ignore them.
    The 5T has a good camera.period...pixel and iPhone camera is better....but everyone knows that.
    The pixel camera port takes sharper images than the stock camera but the difference is not much.
    Edge detection in portrait mode on the 5T is better than the pixel....if these people know what that means.
    Manual mode is good with lot of options.

What I would like to see in the Oneplus camera update...
    1...Better images with software update .....surely yeah.
    2. Better edge detection on portrait mode with the option of changing the blur amount, edge softness and anti edge aliasing and inclusion of zoom blur and motion blur.

3. Straynart

Straynart , Jan 2, 2018 :
    That's what he said.
    And again, it's still a photophone, on a "far away" scenery, detail loss is obvious, plus talking about that on an uploaded photo is silly.

4. O1514822293757

O1514822293757 , Jan 2, 2018 :
    I am still yet to see a single HDR pic taken with 5T and the iPhone or pixel with the same subject and same light conditions for comparison.
    here people know to find out faults without providing a valid explanation

TurboBot and Ed_88 like this.
  5. Hiswalrusness
    Gingerbread Jan 2, 2018

Hiswalrusness , Jan 2, 2018 :
    Coming late to the party here, but coming to it anyway. I've have the 5T a month now, and while its camera (like everything in this sweet world) can improve, I've noticed it isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. That is, of course, assuming people know at least a little about what they're doing. You can't expect SLR quality images from smartphone cameras. (Those shot on iPhone commercials use hundreds of dollars worth of equipment in the shoot.) You will lose detail on 'scenery' shots, but it isn't all bad. Putting up a picture I shot at about 7 in the morning for reference. (Shot on 5T, no pro mode, no additional settings, just a point-and-shoot image with a little post processing on snapseed.) IMG_20171223_084947-01.jpeg

6. Ed_88
    Honeycomb Jan 2, 2018

Ed_88 , Jan 2, 2018 :
    Exactly! I've posted several photos in several of these threads, and people usually either ignore my post completely, or reply by saying: The photos you took were good, but that's the exception due to bla bla.....

It's not the exception, I almost always use Automode and point and shoot and get great pictures.

I agree people have no idea what they're doing with a camera or that it's their first flagship phone (I saw someone even saying the OP5T doesn't even have flagship specs! so the hype train is full speed!).

Pro mode is nice for artistic and super low light shots when you have a stand (I made a DIY one out of a selfie stick and a microphone stand lol), but the auto mode produces amazing shots 99% of the time.
    yes the pixels and the iPhones of the world could be better, but maybe only by 10% while costing almost double the amount of money, and offering their own bugs and problems (notch on the iPhone X, bad display and coil whine on Pixel 2 XL).

Overall you're right, I should stop wasting my time with people who'll ignore any message that isn't whining about something.

Cheers

7. pintooos
    Eclair Jan 2, 2018

8. Xc_hx007
    Donut Jan 2, 2018

Xc_hx007 , Jan 2, 2018 :
    but what about the comparison between op5 and 5t ... the latter was supposed to be an advancement ... doesn't seem so ... the pictures taken by op5 are better then 5t ... whether it be low light or normal daylight ... we know we cant get dslr like pic quality but it must have been better than its predecessor for sure

9. albmik
    Gingerbread Jan 2, 2018

albmik , Jan 2, 2018 :
    Employing disqualifying adjectives such as "these idiots" takes away all the reason for your peroration. Remember that if you use these adjectives and ways of expressing yourself, others will can also use it with you.

Try to be more polite if you want others to behave politely with you.

10. h_kashyap
    Jelly Bean Jan 2, 2018

h_kashyap , Jan 2, 2018 :
    Keep hoping(including me) & bang!! It's OnePlus 6 :)

MarkoBatrac likes this.
  11. h_kashyap
    Jelly Bean Jan 2, 2018

h_kashyap , Jan 2, 2018 :
    That OP should open its art school across the globe keeping the 5T's camera as the main USP

12. Carfs
    Froyo Jan 2, 2018

Carfs , Jan 2, 2018 :
    You're in the wrong forum ;-)

13. LOCKDOWN117

LOCKDOWN117 , Jan 2, 2018 :
    whats your previous phone?

14. Greedygutz
    Cupcake Jan 2, 2018

Greedygutz , Jan 2, 2018 :
    I agree with this.. Not as much as we expected about camera. Low light pictures can be better.. please do give update on this.

15. robinsc
    Gingerbread Jan 2, 2018

robinsc , Jan 2, 2018 :
    your math is not good. two 6mm squares are half the area of one 12 mm square

16. I1514816323480
    Cupcake Jan 2, 2018

I1514816323480 , Jan 2, 2018 :
    really regret going for OP 5T. Honor, Samsung and Xiaomi deliver much better pictures shot through rear camera

17. Insignity
    Donut Jan 2, 2018

Insignity , Jan 2, 2018 :
    Hm, i dont think you can change the aperture on the oneplus. Correct me if I'm wrong.

But yeah, as a photographer that used Op3 before, I do agree that op5t has to improve its camera some. I'm a little bit disapointed because I was really Happy with the Op3 camera.

18. Straynart

Straynart , Jan 2, 2018 :

19. robinsc
    Gingerbread Jan 2, 2018

robinsc , Jan 2, 2018 :
    the only major difference is low light photography where the phone switches to the secondary camera. unless it is doing that you are using identical hardware to the op5.

20. Xc_hx007
    Donut Jan 2, 2018

Xc_hx007 , Jan 2, 2018 :
    with all due respect sir ... you are absolutely correct ... but the removal of telephoto lens has certainly deteriorated the image quality