camera is slow?

1. iamdarren Eclair Jan 11, 2019

iamdarren, Jan 11, 2019 :
    coming from an S9plus I find the camera on the 6r to be sluggish and blurry pics happen often.

is there a setting or something that can be changed? it's not ideal, as I switched from the S9plus purely for camera.

Nap6T likes this.
  2. barpappan Honeycomb Jan 11, 2019

barpappan, Jan 11, 2019 :
    i would suggest you try to play around with the HDR setting.
    It normaly takes some time if you have HDR on or set to auto to take a photo.
    Try this out: set HDR of and take a picture. Then set HDR to auto and take another and do a comparision.

Ofcourse picture taken on moving objects with Auto setting will not be as good as taking photos with pro mode and high shutter speed (1/100 and above)
    :)

3. Tomek398 Eclair Jan 11, 2019

Tomek398, Jan 11, 2019 :
    Camera on 6T is quite fast. Never had any problem with speed of operation. Photos are never blurry unless exposure time is long and I take w photo of moving object or move the camera. Switch to pro mode to check what is exposure time set by camera.

4. Oleksandr Baba Eclair Jan 11, 2019

RosaKnuffel likes this.
  5. Nap6T Cupcake Jan 18, 2019 at 10:53 AM

Nap6T, Jan 18, 2019 at 10:53 AM :
    I come from an iPhone 6S and although it an old phone the camera could focus much faster in light and darker spaces (inside and outside).
    Sinds the last update its a little better, but the focus takes to long on automatic/standard modus (camera on the back is better then front camera with focussing).

@OnePlus support
    What tests can we do to give the correct feedback so the developteam can look for sollutions?
    Can we send phone information or pictures to investigate if improvement is possible?

Using OnePlusOne 6T (oxygenOS 9.0.11)