camera issue!

1. arashhsh
    Honeycomb Dec 31, 2014

arashhsh , Dec 31, 2014 :
    hey guys,

i have this camera issue and thought maybe one of you guys could help me out.
    when i open the camera application it gets really laggy, normally when you move a camera ( for example htc one) it just moves realy smooth and the it still looks good. but when i move the phone it gets all laggy and blurry.

and when i take the pics it shows rather grainy pics instead of really good quality pics as it should.

ive alreaddy tried the RAW and HDR and clear image and the 100% stuff and it didnt work.

anyone got something ?

2. poodster
    Jelly Bean Dec 31, 2014

poodster , Dec 31, 2014 :
    the laggy in the preview is a bug/issue that you don't have to worry about. It only happens in low light. What conditions were the pics in?

3. TheJames
    Jelly Bean Dec 31, 2014

TheJames , Dec 31, 2014 :
    I had this issue you need to wipe dalvik cache or use another app like Google camera or FV-5

To reset cache you need to get into recovery mode turn phone on while holding volume down and power button. Release power button right after the start screen and volume down shortly after.

arashhsh likes this.
  4. arashhsh
    Honeycomb Dec 31, 2014

yes it does happen in kinda low light. but it even in a room with good lighting it gets laggy and stuff. will this bug be fixed ? and how do i get this fixed myself?

5. arashhsh
    Honeycomb Dec 31, 2014

does the memory get deleted when i reset the cache? can you please explain that a bit more ?

6. TheJames
    Jelly Bean Dec 31, 2014

TheJames , Dec 31, 2014 :
    Yes I should have done that. When an app runs the system/davik cache keeps information on how an app runs. Wiping solves half a million little problems. Especialy I found on the one. I used it to solve a battry drain, and it sped up my shutter time, which is why im suggesting it. It won't harm or wipe your phones memory like a factory reset. It is usually recomended after every update, to keep all kinds of little issues from happening. Secondly, if you don't feel confertable Use another app Google camera or FV-5. Since there a different app, they won't suffer from the cache error, which stores individual app data. Which ever direction you choose please let me know so I can include your experience when making suggestions for my oneplus camera guide.

7. poodster
    Jelly Bean Dec 31, 2014

poodster , Dec 31, 2014 :
    Most likely try to re install the app. If nothing, try a different app

8. arashhsh
    Honeycomb Jan 3, 2015

arashhsh , Jan 3, 2015 :
    I dont think you van "re install" the main camera app...

9. arashhsh
    Honeycomb Jan 3, 2015

arashhsh , Jan 3, 2015 :
    Thanks for your help, i will delete the cache now and tell you tomorrow if it helped or not (gonna sleep now)

10. arashhsh
    Honeycomb Jan 3, 2015

arashhsh , Jan 3, 2015 :
    Thank you for your help. Ive tried to delete the cache with the fastboot or something (volume down + power button) but I have a qeustion. Is it normal to take just half a second to delete the cache ? Or am I doing something wrong. I will tell you about the result tommorow.

11. TheJames
    Jelly Bean Jan 3, 2015

TheJames , Jan 3, 2015 :
    If it was so fast you did not know it happened, you did it right. If you still had no luck we will need to talk about another camera app.

12. ashishpande18
    Gingerbread Jan 3, 2015

ashishpande18 , Jan 3, 2015 :
    Same here buddy, Its really frustrating when you have such a slow camera for such excellent device. Not sure what is causing this app to go such slow, even for non-hdr image. I added my 10 cents to Cyanogen bug tracking system by voting to sluggish cam issue reported by another OPO user. But seems things are not moving on Cyanogen side as well. BTW my Nexus 5 cam is excellent (fast and image quality is also better).

arashhsh likes this.
  13. arashhsh
    Honeycomb Jan 4, 2015

arashhsh , Jan 4, 2015 :
    No it did nog solve the problem:( i alreaddy tried als like google camera and FV they work a bit beter but the quality is less... I really hope there is another option to this issue...