Camera makes weird loud noises via OnePlus 8 Pro

1. magento
    Donut Jun 3, 2020

magento , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 3, 2020 :
    Hello,
    I have already reported this issue and I don't know if I am the only one having it but when I start any camera app it just sounds like gears are somehow clicking and it's very very loud.
    Magento

MilanDroppa and kyshin like this.
  2. kyshin
    Donut Jun 3, 2020

3. MilanDroppa
    Cupcake Jun 3, 2020

4. kyshin
    Donut Jun 3, 2020

5. chubs12
    Gingerbread Jun 3, 2020

chubs12 , Jun 3, 2020 :
    I am not sure what constitutes as "loud".. but on my oneplus 8 pro, the Auto focus motor makes noises when it focuses.
    And it would do that, when you start the camera app.

But is it "loud"? No.. well in a quiet room/place, you do hear it, and it would get recorded if you shot video.

6. magento
    Donut Jun 3, 2020

magento , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 3, 2020 :
    You don't buy a phone for 1000€ to then have problems which are small but annoying. I didn't see this issue in any other phone.

7. chubs12
    Gingerbread Jun 3, 2020

chubs12 , Jun 3, 2020 :
    No, this is really bad. But my point is, I am not sure it is same problem as you are having because mine isnt "loud" .. but that's relative.

You can try it, open you camera, hold your hand in front of it, move it away, put it in front, move it away.
    everytime the camera refocuses - you will hear a noise. (Faint but it's there).

It's there for me, I dont think it is a defect..never did hear this on any other phone I've owned..but the 8pro is.,. "full of surprises"

MilanDroppa likes this.
  8. kyshin
    Donut Jun 4, 2020

kyshin , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 4, 2020 :
    well for me its not loud but anytime i open the camera app there is a faint noise i do have to hold the phone to my ear to hear it mostly, and it goes away when i close the camera app. doesnt seem to matter what i do in the camera app its just there? not sure anyone having same experience?

magento and MilanDroppa like this.