Camera Meeting - my two main wishes

1. script
    Nougat Moderator Jul 25, 2019

script , Jul 25, 2019 :
    Hi to all photography friends,

Before I went to Amsterdam, I thought of two things I would love to have. I want to share those ideas here, to get as much support from the community as possible. OnePlus really does listen, and maybe enough members support my ideas.

I would love to have

1)
    an OnePlus Bluetooth remote control with zoom, and exposure control, for video recording. Extra: wake-up-function.

Scenario: you place the phone somewhere to film animals. Then you wait 1 hour, in some distance. When the animals arrive, that you want to film, you can wake up the phone remotely, click on focus, adjust the zoom and brightness, and start the video recording.

That is not possible at the moment. When I connect my Bluetooth remote shutter with my op6, it usually jumps from video mode to photo mode, when I click the remote shutter. There are workarounds, but not satisfactory.

An own OnePlus remote Bluetooth shutter would be super great for video filming. Not only for animal-filming.

2)
    Avoid the curved screen distortion.

Idea: give an option to reduce the used space of the display for pictures and video, maybe 6 or 8 pixels on each side, in the gallery!

Simply make the displayed screen smaller. Add becels. The screen is big enough, and you'll have no more distortion and no more reflections. Videos and pictures should only be displayed on the flat part of the screen.

The device would still have it's great look with the curved screen, and with that option those who love to watch pictures and videos without distortion, can easily do that. It's maybe 5 lines of code for the software developers, one small step for them, one giant leap for us.

Thx for listening, and thx for all support.

Please post comments in the thread.

Yours, Script

Ps. Update. The picture/videos should also be displayed on the flat part when you shoot them. Thx @Bouncer71 and @morpheus566

2. woSch
    Marshmallow Jul 25, 2019

woSch , Jul 25, 2019 :
    Yep, a OnePlus BT Remote control would be an outstanding accessory or/and feature... could also be an app for a second device :) thumbs up for that

IMG_20190720_135005-01.jpeg
    ... what an amazing opportunity to be part of the event...

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019

3. script

script , Jul 25, 2019 :
    Perfect. And the screen should be mirrored also to the second device. So you can adjust the zoom and the brightness remotely.

4. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Jul 25, 2019

luxuskamel , Jul 25, 2019 :
    i totally second this. Idk about 2, but when script says that its important.
    Definitly 1) and it should be working with older devices too!

5. Dresa91
    Android Q Jul 25, 2019

Dresa91 , Jul 25, 2019 :
    Good thread! thanks captain!
    go for it! :)

6. woSch
    Marshmallow Jul 25, 2019

woSch , Jul 25, 2019 :
    ... that would be great :)

7. hotsauce
    Lollipop Jul 25, 2019

hotsauce , Jul 25, 2019 :
    Good idea, but IMO Oneplus should concentrate on bringing the useful Main features to users first.
    1. Ability to select main sensor for portrait mode (OP7P)
    2. Ability to record video using the Wide Angle lens (OP7P)

malidan, TibiTibi, luxuskamel and 4 others like this.
  8. script

script , Jul 25, 2019 :
    Thats (#2) in the pipeline already

9. G_Neeraj_Porwal_XSAR
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2019

10. G_Neeraj_Porwal_XSAR
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2019

11. buntycubal
    Marshmallow Jul 25, 2019

buntycubal , Jul 25, 2019 :
    Great concept 'Captain' , very much useful for to take pictures of 'object movement' is involved , now I can simply attached my device to tripod & take perfect shot of sea waves or pictures involving birds & animals within certain distance sitting on my chair sipping juice:)
    it's also useful to spy on someone,maybe OnePlus can use this technology in next James bond movie, it will be a good advertising for OnePlus:D

Best Wishes:)

12. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Jul 25, 2019

13. hennes
    Lollipop Jul 25, 2019

hennes , Jul 25, 2019 :
    Hello script,
    I don't want to kill your enthusiasm, but, a Bluetooth connection that creates a maximum of 2 MBit, you'll never be able to send 4K videos via Bluetooth to another device to set the zoom, apart from the delay that comes with it, it's also a question of range which is at Bluetooth 5 at about 100 meters, but what to do if the transfer rate is then slowed down because walls and windows are in between

I think your idea is great but Bluetooth is not suitable at best either you do it via an existing WLAN or the camera opens a special WLAN network with which the other smartphone can connect.
    This also avoids compatibility problems between Bluetooth 5/5.1 and older Bluetooth versions.
    Also, the other device can be a PC or the same one hanging somewhere in the WLAN or because you want to use it as a surveillance camera you can control it remotely. The possibilities are endless but quality can only be achieved with WLAN. There is a difference if I squeeze 4K Viedoe by 2MBit/s or 54 aka 25MBit/s.

Otherwise I find a pure Bluetooth connection without generated stream sufficient if you just want to press the trigger, but you see the object with your own eyes. Then you are close enough for Bluetooth. E.g. because you want to make a long time recording and turn on the smartphone somewhere. Then the timer is no longer necessary because you can easily take or start the photo or video.
    Finally I would like to say that I wouldn't like to locate this function in a camera software, as it is also the case with DSLR, mostly WLAN connections, are offered as a separate component, own software. Is an app that establishes the connection between the devices and delivers the sensor data, or at least delivers the picture content?
    There's plenty of apps, and if you need anything special, I'll write you an app.;):D

14. script

script , Jul 25, 2019 :
    OMG Hennes, what an offer. I'll talk to you asap:)

TibiTibi, luxuskamel, Dresa91 and 4 others like this.
  15. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Jul 26, 2019

luxuskamel , Jul 26, 2019 :
    Can you write an app that generates real moneyy :p:p:p

Bouncer71 and script like this.
  16. YRJ
    Lollipop Jul 26, 2019

YRJ , Jul 26, 2019 :
    He sold that to Carl already :p

Bouncer71 likes this.
  17. hennes
    Lollipop Jul 26, 2019

hennes , Jul 26, 2019 :
    It'll scare you, but in several ways I've actually done it already, OK, they don't produce money, but they provide the main support to generate real money.
    I've done 3 such apps for a couple of clients.

18. herbertvwright
    Cupcake Jul 27, 2019

buntycubal and script like this.
  19. TibiTibi
    Nougat Jul 29, 2019

TibiTibi , Jul 29, 2019 :
    I'm in.
    All right

buntycubal, script and Bouncer71 like this.
  20. TibiTibi
    Nougat Jul 29, 2019

TibiTibi , Jul 29, 2019 :
    #2 wise idea.
    The curved screen is not good for watching content.
    #1 maybe the wireless bullets could be used.
    Magnets connected + press play = trigger