Camera problem on OnePlus 8T...

1. _Sanjyot_
    Gingerbread Nov 2, 2020

_Sanjyot_ , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 2, 2020 :
    Reported Camera bug for contrasty washed out colours at night in 2x mode/portrait

mojoyoyo77 likes this.
  2. rh94
    Honeycomb Nov 2, 2020

3. manishkak
    Donut Nov 8, 2020

manishkak , Nov 8, 2020 :
    To everyone, just take a deep breath and have faith in oneplus. These kinds of camera issues show up in every new phone released by them, but they get resolved as the software updates keep coming in.
    I got a 5T in Dec. 2017, which still has a terrific camera, but within about a month of purchase I wanted to pull my hair out over how bad the camera was. The main cam pics were washed out, too much noise on the person's face, in selfies the bg was *really bad*. So much so that I was about to return my phone, but my friend who had a 3T advised me to keep the phone as oneplus does come out with s/w updates that'll take care of all of them.
    So my advise to all of you would be to keep calm and wait for the patches/fixes to come out.

avrahta, rh94 and MrSwappy like this.
  4. MrSwappy , via OnePlus 8T Lunar Silver , Nov 8, 2020 :
    I find it definitely unprofessional from OnePlus to launch a product on the market in this price range with obvious software problems in the photo / video sector. The fact that OnePlus improves the sector over time with updates is not something to be praised but only a remedy to something that had to be done before.

5. aswinrulez
    Honeycomb Nov 8, 2020

aswinrulez , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 8, 2020 :
    If that's the case by then they should have put in place checks to ensure quality is good when the phone is launched itself. Company has matured a lot since it's humble beginnings. They can't sell phones at premium without checking if quality is as expected. For now people will still buy oneplus, it may still be bang for buck but then one day a competition will come and people wouldn't hesitate to move to it if it's worth it. I know I will for sure even though I owned almost every phone form one to 8t now.

7. Pramod_OP8T
    Froyo Nov 8, 2020

9. R.M.J
    Eclair Nov 8, 2020

10. H16SYX
    Donut Nov 10, 2020

H16SYX , Nov 10, 2020 :
    Feel like I have gone backwards 4 or 5 years with the camera on this phone. The quality of the photos is really poor in anything but perfect light, and then it takes multiple tries to get a good shot. One thing I loved about the 6T it replaced was you could just pull out the phone and take a good photo first time every time, with this I have to try really hard to get a good photo. Hopefully Oneplus can sort the SW and it's not just crap HW. The 11.0.3.4.KB05BA update I received yesterday said it had camera fixes but I actually think it's got worse.

11. Sheff_inn
    Froyo Nov 11, 2020

Sheff_inn , Nov 11, 2020 :
    I also have huge expectations while buying my first oneplus device. But the cameras are not good when comparing with my old device POCOF1. Colour is not accurate. Most of the shots through main and wide angle camera are softened. It lacks detailing. I don't expect this from OnePlus

Pramod_Kushwaha likes this.
  12. MrSwappy
    Froyo Nov 12, 2020

H16SYX likes this.
  13. Kmajayrao
    Cupcake Nov 13, 2020

Kmajayrao , Nov 13, 2020 :
    OnePlus 8T has the worst cam i have ever seen. My previous device pixel 2xl takes better picture even my galaxy s7 edge does a better job compared to this cam.
    This is my first OnePlus device and this is the first time I wanted to switch the device immediately after buying it. If Google had released pixel in india I would have gone for it.
    The gcam has stopped working now I'm stuck with the stupid OnePlus cam.
    Probably I will use the device for another year and switch to samsung or apple.

14. ShailjaY
    Cupcake Nov 15, 2020

15. varun_1267
    Cupcake Nov 15, 2020

16. THEONEGOD
    Eclair Nov 15, 2020

THEONEGOD , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 15, 2020 :
    I disabled the HDR function after I got the 11.0.3.4 as it was making my photo color shift and sometimes too vibrant; thus, making my leaf in my photo look neon.

17. KimonoHarrison
    Cupcake Nov 15, 2020

KimonoHarrison , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 15, 2020 :
    My 8T is making every outdoor photo a bit red (expecially if there is a little bit of red in the pic). Fallen leaves and sand are all red. And it makes skin blurry, yellow and grey. :(

18. alin.xear
    Cupcake Nov 15, 2020

19. aswinrulez
    Honeycomb Nov 18, 2020

20. ANIX JOJU SEBASTIAN
    Gingerbread Nov 18, 2020