Camera problems after 11 update via OnePlus 7T

1. WFred
    Froyo Apr 22, 2021

WFred , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 22, 2021 :
    After updating from 10 to 11.0.0.2 I started having camera problems.
    The screen stays black for 15+ second after opening the app and takes about 5 seconds to come into focus with I change modes.
    I have cleared data & cache for the app & the camera service then restarted, but it didn't help.
    The camera is pretty much useless now

2. J4t1np4r3kh
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Apr 22, 2021

J4t1np4r3kh , Apr 22, 2021 :
    The main functionality of a camera is to take photos, which you can still do. If you really think that the camera is "pretty much useless", I really think you need to reconsider your definition of useless lol.

Nevertheless, I do agree that a 15s wait is ridiculously long for the camera app to load. This seems unnaturally long. Is this with the camera app only? Or does this issue persist throughout all apps? What about GCam, or an alternative camera application, does the same happen there?

Aaron2017 likes this.
  3. Shehbaztian
    Froyo Apr 22, 2021

4. Titaniumlad
    Eclair Apr 23, 2021

Titaniumlad , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 23, 2021 :
    Have you checked that your hardware and software are matched?
    I had a similar problem & found the cause to be global version on EU hardware 1903.

WFred likes this.
  5. Tausif.Shaikh007
    Gingerbread Apr 23, 2021

6. WFred
    Froyo Apr 23, 2021

WFred , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 23, 2021 :
    Only with the stock camera. The gcam mod works like a charm.
    Looks like everything matches up. No other problems with the update, just the camera.
    I'll try the cache from recovery suggestion, but I'm not going to the trouble of a factory reset for this. I'll just keep on using gcam instead.
    edit---nope, no change. I reported it to 1+ so maybe an update well take care of it.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021

7. WFred
    Froyo Apr 25, 2021

Titaniumlad likes this.