Camera quality and algorithms. via OnePlus 8T

1. G_Илья_Павлен , via OnePlus 8T , Apr 8, 2021 :
    Hello. Are you working on improving the algorithms for processing photos to improve their quality? Should users of the 8 series and 8t in particular expect improvements in camera performance? I decided on this issue, according to the experience of feedback from the OnePlus 3t, while users received feedback. I really hope for feedback this time too. Thanks. (I apologize for possible mistakes, I used google translator)
    1617852957449.jpg

1617852957575.jpg
    For comparison, 2 photos of the same sunset of gray everyday life in St. Petersburg. The first photo is the OnePlus camera, the second is the GCam. In the second photo, the sunset looks like a sunset, and not a bright spot in gray everyday life.

Syrix, northbay5566 and puccellino like this.

3. smallsmx3@gmail.
    Gingerbread Apr 8, 2021

4. puccellino
    Lollipop Apr 9, 2021

puccellino , Apr 9, 2021 :
    It's unlikely OP will update the camera software for old phones significantly. However, hoing forward, when you buy a new OP phone (say OP10), you may see better performance overall.

I have an 8t, and I know what you mean, but I am not expecting an improvement in this.

5. Sheppards
    Jelly Bean Apr 9, 2021

Arjun_Choudhry and Tokolozi like this.
  6. northbay5566
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 9, 2021

7. oneplusfav4ever
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 10, 2021

8. Arjun_Choudhry
    KitKat Apr 10, 2021

Arjun_Choudhry , Apr 10, 2021 :
    The GCam will have better dynamic range, considering it takes roughly twice as long and twice as many frames to click a single image. Try using the Nightscape mode in such conditions as it takes more number of frames for better highlights and shadow retention