Camera setting for 5120x1440

1. InDiSent
    Froyo Dec 7, 2021

InDiSent , Dec 7, 2021 :
    Hey Y'all,

I'm not a photo expert or anything like that so please dumb down the answers for me. My main goal is to be able to take pics with my OnePlus 8T at 5120x1440 resolution. I want that resolution because that is the resolution of my monitor and I want my pics to be used as wallpapers for Windows desktop.

How can I accomplish this? Do I need to shoot at 48MP? Is there a setting somewhere that I can default my resolution to 5120x1440?
    Thanks.

2. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Dec 7, 2021

Best Answer
    Tokolozi , Dec 7, 2021 :
    Hey you can't set it like that.

Usually the best is to take a picture at the highest resolution you can (in this case 48MP) and then crop/resize it in an app to the resolution you want. On PC I find paint.net (not the included paint) the easiest to do this with, and it's free (if you download it from their website and not the appstore) just set your canvas size to 5120x1440 and move the picture as you wish.

Alternatively you can use a mobile app and select a crop/image ratio of 32:9

3. InDiSent
    Froyo Dec 7, 2021

InDiSent , Dec 7, 2021 :
    Thanks...I've been using paint.net to do just that...was just hoping there was a way to set the resolution to that in the camera app.

Tokolozi likes this.