Camera stopped working via OnePlus 3 Soft Gold

1. ssjangid
    Cupcake Apr 9, 2020

ssjangid , via OnePlus 3 Soft Gold , Apr 9, 2020 :
    I have one plus 3 soft gold last 3 year. Device front camera not working last 15 days. I all reset my phones and many times restart but not working till now. My device features and sensor are well working. Only one issue front camera not working so please suggest me.
    1586442972902.jpg

1586442972980.jpg

2. Paschfire , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 9, 2020 :
    There is commonly known and widely reported HW defect of 3/3T devices, the rear camera looses the ability to focus, or fails to function completely. This can also include the front camera sensor.

... Also note, SW updates have nothing to do with the camera issue(s), so if the issue became apparent after an update to OOS, it's nothing more than pure coincidence

I suggest you try clearing the App Data for the camera app from within System Settings. Failing that, if the issue persist after factory resetting the device, take or send your device into a OnePlus service center to have the rear camera module replaced.

In the future pls learn to use the forums search, before creating unnecessary/redundant threads like this one.

3. [email protected]
    Cupcake Apr 10, 2020

[email protected] , via OnePlus 3T , Apr 10, 2020 :
    I don't know suddenly my front camera has stopped working. It's like such a bad time that I'm facing problem. Coz of being Quarantined. I can't go to shop or center to fix it. so please help me why is this happening? how can I solve it?
    please help me and solve it. thank you so so much.
    1586527562440.jpg

4. [email protected]
    Cupcake Apr 10, 2020

ssjangid likes this.
  5. Paschfire , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 11, 2020 :
    There is commonly known and widely reported HW defect of 3/3T devices, the rear camera looses the ability to focus, or camera(s) fails to function completely. This can also include the front camera sensor.

... Also note, SW updates have nothing to do with the camera issue(s), so if the issue became apparent after an update to OOS, it's nothing more than pure coincidence

I suggest you try clearing the App Data for the camera app from within System Settings. Failing that, if the issue persist after factory resetting the device, take or send your device into a OnePlus service center to have the rear camera module replaced.

In the future pls learn to use the forums search, before creating unnecessary/redundant threads like this one.

ssjangid likes this.

ssjangid likes this.
  7. KAKO.HARWTY
    Cupcake May 16, 2021

8. OnePlusRogueOggy
    Eclair Oct 11, 2021

OnePlusRogueOggy , Oct 11, 2021 :
    Hi, sorry for unrelated post but i'm so worried and frustated by the update 11.1.1.1.
    My OnePlus 6 camera was working fine on Android 10. I updated it via Oxygen Updater app to Android 11.
    Now when I click the camera app, it opens the camera with black screen and closes it after two seconds. Thats it, no response at all. Neither lets me choose front camera or any other camera settings and just closes without any response.
    I have tried multiple times clearing Cache and Storage of camera app, wiping Cache from Boot menu and doing Factory reset 5 times. Even tried rolling back to Android 10, then 9 but the problem still remains.
    I noticed that in Face Unlock settings it lets Front Camera work. It recognized my face and lets it unlock the phone.
    Then I downloaded "HD Camera" app from Play store. In this app, at first it gives "Serious Camera Error" since back camera is loaded by default and switching to front camera is unresponsive. I open Gallery images from within the app and then back to camera, it lets switch to front camera. Then I can make images/videos with Front camera. I then again try to switch to back camera and "Failed to HD camera. Camera may be in use by another application?" appears. Hence, it does not lets back camera to work.

Front/Back Camera does not works in WhatsApp.

Has anybody else faced the same issue? Please share your remarks and if you have received any information from OnePlus team, please let me know.

9. SureshMaloth
    Gingerbread Oct 28, 2021