G_Rainer_ likes this.
  2. none ya
    Cupcake Jun 12, 2019

none ya , Jun 12, 2019 :
    How did you get to install?

3. Soulbruva
    Gingerbread Jun 12, 2019

Soulbruva , Jun 12, 2019 :
    they've sent updates and it did improve the camera for the most part and there will be further updates down the line. but if you want DSLR quality then buy a DSLR cuz some people expect their OP7pro camera to be of that quality which is wishful thinking

4. dacatalyst41
    Cupcake Jun 12, 2019

5. none ya
    Cupcake Jun 12, 2019

6. Soulbruva
    Gingerbread Jun 12, 2019

7. baggz143
    Gingerbread Jun 12, 2019

8. none ya
    Cupcake Jun 12, 2019

none ya , Jun 12, 2019 :
    T-mobile and I'm in the US... It's still locked to the carrier.. I have another week to decide if I want to keep it

9. stevevue
    Eclair Jun 12, 2019

stevevue , Jun 12, 2019 :
    no one said anything about Dslrs bro; why are you so bent on people getting them? I'm just saying compared to my previous devices, these pictures have not been extraordinary, more like "meh, I've seen better"

baggz143 likes this.
  10. G_Rainer_
    Eclair Jun 12, 2019

11. Soulbruva
    Gingerbread Jun 12, 2019

People complain as if they expect DSLR quality. so if you want impeccable picture quality then get a DSLR. you will definitely be satisified. The difference between OP7pro and phones with better cameras is subtle. only if you zoom in and analyse every detail can you see a difference. and if you use it for social media which is 99% the case then the OP7pro is more than good enough.

12. Soulbruva
    Gingerbread Jun 12, 2019

oh well I don't think oxygen updater works with tmobile carriers.

Happyguru0766 likes this.
  13. none ya
    Cupcake Jun 12, 2019

none ya , Jun 12, 2019 :
    Thanks

14. 3XM76
    Froyo Jun 12, 2019

3XM76 , Jun 12, 2019 :
    Same photos in Google Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/j9VBCD1KNTQjz2sT7
    I don't think they are overly soft. Then again in the brick buildings you can see that some of bricks are 'dissolving' a bit. Maybe some more aggressive sharpening might save some detail but it might just as well produce more issues.

The light was a bit hard in some scenes as it tends to stay quite low her even in summer. The whites in some shots are on the limit of being over exposed but manually choosing the metering point would have probably fixed it. Now they are mostly just 'point and shoot' - a mix of super wide, normal and 3xzoom.

@baggz143 @G_Rainer_

baggz143 likes this.
  15. G_Rainer_
    Eclair Jun 12, 2019

G_Rainer_ , Jun 12, 2019 :
    You Sir just convinced me to buy a new phone. I was a bit worried that upgrading from my Pixel 2 would turn into a camera downgrade but that clearly seems not to be the case after reading dxo marks test and seeing that the new update probably brought the phone to the same level that it was when it got tested. You don't happen to have any nightscape shots ?

16. 3XM76
    Froyo Jun 12, 2019

3XM76 , Jun 12, 2019 :
    Not much nightscape samples. It doesn't get dark here in summer :D Some hasty indoor shots but nothing proper.

About the photos in general - I think the camera is set up so that the photos leave some room for editing. This might even be on purpose. I compared some quick snaps to ones taken with the OP6 (https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-9-5-7-for-oneplus-7-pro.1048247/page-78#post-20410405) and on those it seemed that the OP6 had a bit deeper focus range and it also kept the shadows a bit lighter. But the OP6 starts generating quite a lot of noise as soon as the light drops even a little. After playing around with the OP7 pro camera a bit more I'm not as 'worried' about the performance as I was when I posted the first test ;)

The latest examples were unedited so in good light they do come out pretty nice. The quality on the secondary cameras drops as you go into darker areas but that's to be expected. So - as long as you pay some attention on where you set the focus/metering point you'll get some pretty nice shots.

As for the phone - I just got the OP Carbon Bumper case for it. Tried using the included transparent case but it was horrible - thick and bulky. The Carbon case is great and makes the phone feel slim and somehow not as heavy :)

17. H1528712044026
    Cupcake Jun 12, 2019

18. Soulbruva
    Gingerbread Jun 12, 2019

If you're looking for a slim case then check out Nillkin Frosted Shield case. I just got it and it's really good. doesn't offer much protection but it fits very well and adds next to nothing on weight.

19. G_Rainer_
    Eclair Jun 12, 2019

G_Rainer_ , Jun 12, 2019 :
    Your testshots are a delight after people posting pictures of walls in complete darkness and then complaining about the camera.

And this is totally personal but I would rather sharpen the picture a bit in editing instead of having to deal with a shitload of noise.

Regarding the nightscapes shot - ok just saw where you are located/the pics where taken :D.hope that someone will upload some nice samples. I took some amazing nightsight shots of cityscapes with my pixel and would love to be able to continue with that.

When you are at a fancy work dinner/in after work drinks in some tower with a nice view - chances are high that you don't have a DSLR with you. Hope to have at least the same if not better capabilities as with the pixel 2..

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019

FRJerome and baggz143 like this.
  20. G_Si_Che_TuHX
    Donut Jun 12, 2019

FRJerome and drago12587 like this.