Cupcake Jun 24, 2019

3. vsathishk
    Gingerbread Jun 24, 2019

vsathishk , Jun 24, 2019 :
    mind your words....

4. Ezekiellachevre
    Cupcake Jun 24, 2019

Ezekiellachevre , Jun 24, 2019 :
    The camera update is good at improving HDR but sharpness and image quality of the camera still needs a lot of improving. Please fix this issue

vsathishk and H1559593663267 like this.
  5. 3XM76
    Froyo Jun 24, 2019

6. FRJerome
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 24, 2019

7. vsathishk
    Gingerbread Jun 24, 2019

vsathishk , Jun 24, 2019 :

FRJerome

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/the-result-of-oneplus-7-pro-camera-blind-test.1055407/

You know what BLIND means ?
    Everyone at 99% thinks that the camera is one of the best !
    Better than pixel 3
    Better than p30 pro (i don't think so but i respect the results)
    Tech website ? Dxomark

Come on give your links to these tech blogs or youtube or whatever

3rd time I ask for them but you're unable to give a beginning of a proof !

Yes your photos are ridiculous
    Conditions are specific and bad
    What can de compare on nonsense photos
    Who takes a close up photo of vegetables at night with their feet in background? Try to be serious at least

3000 people voted man ! Maybe you voted! Maybe you voted for opo7 pro because it was a blind test !

The only thing that could explain it is that opo7 pro on India have camera issues
    Since 99% of whining users are Indian
    Or is it something else ... Try to guess​

I completely agree with your last lines of your post. regarding phones sold in India may be having camera issues . finally you have replied like a gentleman.

Again and again my raising the same question, why the hell you are look at my feet .. I took those image just for comparing the colours produced by two different camera softwares. Not for some competition or not for your feedback on my photography skills.

if I need to take some images in dark, then I need to activate flashlight . if you say no, then I don't why phones manufacturer ( including OP) provide flash light..?

In your case taking images of vegetable , leaves or flowers are not considered as photography ...then what you say is nonsense

The main focus of those images to share in community is to discuss ,why the same camera unit with two different softwares produce two different colours ...which need to fixed by OP team. .

Raising the concerns or sharing the feedback in community is not to argue with a person like ..Is to pass the information to dev team and see if they can find any scope to improve or enhance the output .

You may be best photography by hobby or by professional.but you cannot criticize any one photography. be patient please try to understand what exactly peoples are sharing their feedback.

FRJerome likes this.
  8. 3XM76
    Froyo Jun 24, 2019

3XM76 , Jun 24, 2019 :
    FRJerome

Portrait mode by chance ?
    More than the half of the photo is grass
    Doesn't help

Nope. Not portrait mode. Something really weird just happened. The foreground attempts to be sharp, middle distance is blurred apart from on pixelated bush and the the buildings in the far horizon are sharpened again.

vsathishk likes this.
  9. gcrotaru
    Eclair Jun 24, 2019

FRJerome likes this.
  10. FRJerome

FRJerome , Jun 24, 2019 :
    What you may not understand is color subjectivity
    You find colors better with gcam ? I don't
    I don't like the way gcam modifies photos.
    I bought a pixel 3a xl 1 months ago. I sent it back within 72 hours.
    Stock OP is perfect for me.
    When I print a photo it's on 10x15.
    Not A4 or a3.
    If people like to zoom as much as they can and get mad because it's not sharp they should use a DSLR but even with a DSLR when you zoom you'll be disappointed.

vsathishk likes this.
  11. FRJerome

FRJerome , Jun 24, 2019 :
    Two more things
    No you don't have to use flash when there is a lack of light. Higher ISO can can help. I never use flash.
    The vegetable photo was posted because I wanted to show that you can decide where to focus. And the image of the little truck was just not taken properly.
    With portrait mode you can't be sharp everywhere. If you focus on the keyboard then the truck will be blurry.... And vice versa.

For your feet it was a joke. Don't worry about it.

vsathishk likes this.
  12. Sunil_31m
    Eclair Jun 25, 2019

13. FRJerome
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 25, 2019

FRJerome , Jun 25, 2019 :
    The first shot looks better than the second one
    But seems to me
    - you didn't focus manually
    - you moved a little bit when shooting

Which mode did you use
    By the way portrait mode is not a macro mode

14. surendar086
    Cupcake Jun 25, 2019

surendar086 , Jun 25, 2019 :
    Team ,
    thanks for the update and its working great but still need improvement in image stabilization in both front and back camera
    front camera image stabilization is worse than back hope this will be fixed soon :)

15. roryrudy
    Froyo Jun 25, 2019

roryrudy , Jun 25, 2019 :
    Went out with my wife and kids to the movies last night to watch Toy Story 4 and I couldn't even capture the moment. Every shot was messed up. 95% of the many shots were blurry just to get ONE ok-ish good shot. My expensive oneplus 7 pro was a disappointment. I tried all the different modes, epic failure. While others right beside me could take pictures with one shot with their less expensive phone. It's ridiculous. The camera department needs some new developers or something. They are costing the company because many did not buy the phone because of its camera as well as many will not buy anymore because of its camera (like me) despite being extremely smooth and fast

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019

16. Tarw
    Eclair Jun 25, 2019

Tarw , Jun 25, 2019 :
    And that's why I always buy unlocked

17. varunbhatia
    Froyo Jun 25, 2019

varunbhatia , Jun 25, 2019 :
    Has anyone noticed the difference in FOV in video recording of normal 1080P and 1080P@60FPS. FOV in 1080P is narrow than 1080P@60FPS. The same is true for 4K video.

vsathishk likes this.
  18. FRJerome

Lol
    Which mode did you use ?
    HDR on / off
    Face correction on / off
    Can you give us exif details ?

So you compared your pictures with other people at the cinema?

Blind test showed that op7 pro is one of the 4 best cameras on the market

So... Your phone has an issue.... Or you have

19. roryrudy
    Froyo Jun 25, 2019

roryrudy , Jun 25, 2019 :
    I've tried everything HDR on, HDR off etc.

As I've said before. The Blind test needs people in it and front cam images. The camera looks good once people not in it. When ppl becomes the subject, the camera starts to smooth out stuff and becomes very unreliable. Believe me I'm a developer as well and a real techie, it's not me that is the problem. And yes I have the gcam beta latest release installed and I've tried the different libraries and various xml that works well in certain conditions. But the stock camera I need to perform reliably in all conditions.

The camera is just a big let down. Just think of the amount of times you have to snap a scene to get a good (can share) picture. My phone before this was the OP3T and it was very similar especially in low light conditions. I think OP would have fixed the issue after 4 releases since then. The camera dept needs some serious work.

Attached Files:

20. FRJerome

Your photo looks pretty good
    Compressed i mean
    Would be nice to see the original
    Portrait mode?
    2 subjects and portait mode is... Complicated

I used a lot of phones
    OP
    iPhones