Camera updates! A big issue of oneplus

1. himanshu._.007
    Donut Apr 5, 2021

himanshu._.007 , Apr 5, 2021 :
    Hello!
    In this thread i am going to explore my views on the system updates of OnePlus. As we know OnePlus is counted among best companies in manufacturing of smart phones.
    But on one segment they lose their power, that is camera .
    We all know the company produces many flagship phones, but their camera doesn't match with that of flagship tag. The camera performance is of average quality .
    The OnePlus users like me keep waiting for system updates in hope to get new improvements and features in camera segment but every time system updates make us feel sad as there are no updates related to camera.
    Another thing is that OnePlus roll out updates very slowly.
    So this need to be fixed .
    I hope oneplus will work upon my views and try to resolve camera related problems .. like exploring new camera algo rithms as that of google pixel phones!

Regards
    Himanshu

2. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Apr 5, 2021

Tokolozi , Apr 5, 2021 :
    Wouldn't it be easier, to next time just buy a device with the camera experience you expect from it instead of relying on updates?

3. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Apr 5, 2021

Mr. BG , Apr 5, 2021 :
    That would be the sensible thing to do...

Bobbie63, pablofg1978 and Tokolozi like this.
  4. Tokolozi

Tokolozi , Apr 5, 2021 :
    I mean, there's usually already about a thousand reviews out before the device is released.... Wouldn't be hard to make your judgement.

5. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Apr 5, 2021

pablofg1978 , Apr 5, 2021 :
    I would like to know what, according to you, is a "flagship tag" camera.
    I agree that OnePlus devices may not have the best camera of the market, but that does not mean that the cameras are bad.
    If you want to seriously take this subject, you should mention to what devices are you comparing and, better, post some pictures.

6. Mr. BG

Mr. BG , Apr 5, 2021 :
    Reviews? TL;DR...

Every YouTuber can tell you the camera will be average at best, which is fine if you don't have high demands in that area.

Wishful thinking can be powerful, a good photographer can make decent photos on any device, if you're crap at taking photos there is always an easy way out..

Blame the camera/software.

Bobbie63 and Tokolozi like this.
  7. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Apr 5, 2021

pablofg1978 , Apr 5, 2021 :
    The problem is, that most of the reviewers know how to take pictures, so if they get good (on average) results and users don't, they are biased.
    And I don't mean that they are experts, but, for example, clearing the lens before taking a picture improves the the result...

Bobbie63, Aaron2017 and Tokolozi like this.
  8. Tokolozi

Tokolozi , Apr 5, 2021 :

Ah true, we need to keep PEBKAC in consideration here.

Don't forget those beautiful backlit straight into the lens sunny portraits.

9. Mr. BG

Mr. BG , Apr 5, 2021 :
    There is also nothing in this thread that hasn't been mentioned earlier, why did you deem it necessary to make yet another thread on the subject?

Bobbie63, Tokolozi and pablofg1978 like this.
  10. Tokolozi

Tokolozi , Apr 5, 2021 :
    And as usual, it seems like a post just meant for litter, OP is already gone.

Bobbie63 and Aaron2017 like this.
  11. Mr. BG

Mr. BG , Apr 5, 2021 :
    He came back in some 15 mins ago, guess he don't like our honest response and support :(

Tokolozi and Bobbie63 like this.
  12. Tokolozi

Tokolozi , Apr 5, 2021 :
    Maybe he's waiting for the Mighty Pete?