CAMERA

1. DARTH 007
    KitKat Apr 24, 2018

DARTH 007 , Apr 24, 2018 :
    A lot has been said about the camera of the 5T.
    People have blamed the camera for their poor shots and lack of understanding of what is photography.
    A camera does not make a photographer.
    That's why the whiners have time and again been blaming the camera inside out for their poor shots and photography knowledge.

https://petapixel.com/2018/04/23/your-camera-is-better-than-what-legendary-photographers-used/

Read the link above, then stand in front of the mirror and blame yourself for your poor shots.

Can the camera 5T do better with software upgradation ? sure it can .
    But getting a better camera does not mean that these guys will able to shoot better pictures.

2. 9qu
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2018

9qu , Apr 25, 2018 :
    of course but a smartphone is not just for photographers. A mobile phone must also be adapted for a normal person and the camera must be good for the price. It's wrong if you try to blame the customer like a Oneplus fanboy and not the phone camera. That's the problem here

3. NahbiCris
    Jelly Bean Apr 25, 2018

NahbiCris , Apr 25, 2018 :
    I'm agree with you also I recommend this book it's just US$3 and it's an Excellent guide to learn how you can take better photos.

"Take Better Photos: Smartphone Photography for Noobs!" by Juan Carlos Bagnell. http://a.co/0g0Sdbp

As I said, you can have the Hasselblad of US$40000 and take better photos or a camera of ten years ago (approximately) and won a prize (the past years of national geographic prize).

4. Taari Thind
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2018

sainathreddy9 likes this.
  5. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 Apr 25, 2018

the_o2 , Apr 25, 2018 :
    I'm not a professional photographer nor a novice and I do agree with others that the camera quality is degraded from 7.1 to 8.1, and they know that that's why they are going to give camera updates but still people creates redundant threads daily which is very annoying.

sainathreddy9 likes this.
  6. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert Apr 25, 2018

Bouncer71 , Apr 25, 2018 :
    I'm sorry...
    But, the moment you have a camera in your hand and start shooting, you are a Photographer...
    The best DSLR won't help to achieve great photos without knowing the basics. Every camera works with the same principals...
    Composition and Capturing light...!

So at first you look at what you want to frame and focus on, then take the lighting conditions in account, setting aperture, ISO, exposure, usage of flash, HDR or not, etc...

A lot of this, cam software can do automatic, but since I doesn't know what you're going for it can't do all for the one behind the cam...
    it's a compromise, sometimes not a good one..
    So you have to work with that...

Just one example..
    Shooting a portrait against bright background light would need flash as a counter light or a repositioning so you can shoot with the light...

BTW... the oilpaint effect is a real problem and it should be fixed. But that would mean more grain at high ISO...
    Which is not a bad thing...

cheers...

7. N1524642522536
    Donut Apr 25, 2018

8. 9qu
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2018

9qu , Apr 25, 2018 :
    I talk about real photographers who also have it as a profession

Bouncer71 likes this.
  9. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert Apr 25, 2018

Bouncer71 , Apr 25, 2018 :
    and I about, that it makes no difference if one earns his living with photography or someone just shooting selfies or Pics at a vacation trip..
    basics photography rules apply to both and to any camera in use..

Yes, Pros have it easier. but only cause are expirienced and they know what they do.

They probably do better on a 80€ 10MP snapshot than me on a fancy DSLR...

;D

9qu likes this.
  10. G_Sai_Raina_syku
    Jelly Bean Apr 25, 2018

G_Sai_Raina_syku , Apr 25, 2018 :
    Agreed your point is absolutely right.
    Not being able to take good photos and blaming the camera is like saying I lost the tennis match because the racquet wasn't good.
    A good photo can be taken with an average camera but it is when we start comparing with other phones that is when people among the community start to whine about the camera.
    There is no hardware limitation but the image processing is what takes the toll on the photo. A example is how Google pixel 2 can take excellent portrait shots with good edge detection with a secondary camera.

11. Taari Thind
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2018

12. Johnathan Wick
    Honeycomb Apr 25, 2018

Johnathan Wick , Apr 25, 2018 :
    nobody knows

13. Taari Thind
    Cupcake Apr 26, 2018

14. haimgreenberg
    Honeycomb Apr 26, 2018