Network/Connectivity Can not synchronize contacts with Toyota Prius

1. PlanetThoughts
    Cupcake May 27, 2018

PlanetThoughts , May 27, 2018 :
    When I went from a Samsung Note 3 to OnePlus 5, I found out that my contacts and favorites and call history would no longer synchronize via bluetooth with my 2016 Toyota Prius. It may have been a Toyota service tech who told me that only major brands (Samsung, Apple, and a few others) had that kind of compatibility. I can make and receive phone calls, but no contacts etc. Does anyone have a fix for that? Can OnePlus work on getting full phone compatibility with major car makers?

2. Prattech
    Honeycomb May 27, 2018

3. PlanetThoughts
    Cupcake May 27, 2018

Thanks for writing. I am not sure, but Toyota told me the Prius (and maybe their other cars?) works with selected brands. Are there any other questions I should ask them? Has anyone here found a way to get synchronization working with a Toyota car?

4. Prattech
    Honeycomb May 27, 2018

Prattech , May 27, 2018 :

PlanetThoughts

Thanks for writing. I am not sure, but Toyota told me the Prius (and maybe their other cars?) works with selected brands. Are there any other questions I should ask them? Has anyone here found a way to get synchronization working with a Toyota car?​

If it is android auto it should work the same, if it uses custom software, some features might not be compatible as the company worker says. The car user manual might have troubleshoooting info. I think the company person might help you better if not work after that. My suzuki car has custom bosch touch system and it works with any phone (ios and android both).

Last edited: May 27, 2018

AJITHKUMAR.K.K likes this.
  5. Lancelot_69
    Lollipop May 27, 2018

Lancelot_69 , May 27, 2018 :
    Only the contacts in your phone memory are transferred. Yes, you can see them in your phone but that is because you have selected 'Show all contacts' in the settings. In contacts click the menu button and select 'Contacts to display' then select 'Phone contact'
    What you see in your contacts on your phone now will be what you transfer to your car Bluetooth phone book. To transfer all contacts to your car phone book you will have to import all contacts to your phone memory from your SIM card.

6. AJITHKUMAR.K.K
    Gingerbread May 27, 2018

7. PlanetThoughts
    Cupcake May 27, 2018

I will try what you described. To be complete here, let me mention that when I go into the car's Settings and go to Import Contacts, the car tries to import for a little over 100 contacts (I have about 750), and then has an error (generic error message). No contacts get imported, but it appears that there ARE contacts visible to the car, already. Maybe a compatibility problem. It also comes to my other question: has ANYONE here gotten a OnePlus to synchronize with a Prius?

8. Lancelot_69
    Lollipop May 27, 2018

Lancelot_69 , May 27, 2018 :
    Well I hope it works, that's a lot of contacts!! I read this somewhere that it only grabs the contacts from phone not sim. Also hoped it would resolve the favorites problem as well.
    Replies also bumps the thread which also helps lol

9. brian1951
    Gingerbread Oct 7, 2018

brian1951 , Oct 7, 2018 :
    I was considering buying a new 2018 Toyota Camry. I accessed the Owners Manual online and according to the manual you have to download and install an app. The etune 3.0 app has received abysmal reviews. Compatible phones are limited to phones that the major carriers provide. So far I have not found a workaround.

As of this writing while I planned on buying another Camry, I am driving a 2018 Nissan Altima and I am pretty impressed with the car, safety features and pairing with the car was a breeze. When I re-enter the car as long as my phone's Bluetooth is on the car automatically reconnects when I press the ignition button. It is that simple.

If given permission it will even send a text message "I'm driving" to any incoming text that will accept a reply message.

Unless someone has a functional workaround I will be bidding Toyota, hasta la bye-bye in favor lt the Nissan Amtima.

10. Abhi Dahiya
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 7, 2018

Abhi Dahiya , Oct 7, 2018 :
    Android Auto and Apple Carplay weren't available in Toyota cars till date but now Toyota is bringing Both. So that will solve all connectivity issues IMO.

brian1951 likes this.
  11. brian1951
    Gingerbread Oct 7, 2018

brian1951 , Oct 7, 2018 :
    We shall see.
    We shall see.

12. brian1951
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2018

brian1951 , Oct 29, 2018 :
    UPDATE: I spent a little mow money and went with a 2019 Nissan Altama SV! It has lots of Bluetooth features beyond phone, streaming music. The safety features are awesome!