Can OnePlus make all the driver fixes necessary to make the OnePlus Compatible with Filmic Pro via OnePlus 8 Pro

1. Niks4sm1spcl
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2020

Niks4sm1spcl , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Oct 30, 2020 :
    OnePlus is a Great Smartphone but it can do more and be more compatible with professional apps like Filmic Pro

I wonder why iPhone are more compatible with every features of the app as compared to OnePlus devices

As both have great hardware compatibility
    But the difference is in software compatibility

I left a review on Filmic Pro app after i bought and used the app for a while and i got some answers
    I just asked simple question like why my phone doesn't support slow-motion or higher frame rates for video recording

They replied that its the driver issue and android guidelines is not properly followed

although higher frame rates may be achieved by seting to standard quality but the Filmic Pro is not compatible to give higher frame rate when changed to Filmic Pro quality
    as we want the best of this device ao this issues have to be considered.

My point of view is that these issues is what keeping this powerful devices giving hard compitition for iPhone devices i know you have optimize various settings for beat result but you also have to keep the device compatible to other apps as fully as possible

OnePlus please work on fixing these driver issues and compatibility issues if you really want to beat the compitition
    1604039358915.jpg

1604039358945.jpg

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020

minifalco, sajeev7 and AodhaganW like this.
  2. tide1109
    Jelly Bean Oct 30, 2020

tide1109 , via OnePlus 7T , Oct 30, 2020 :
    It's nothing new that third party camera can't use the full potential of the camera hardware.

Google offers some camera API's but not every manufacturer supports the full api with all features. OnePlus isn't bad but they can do better.

It's a similar story with the Google Camera Ports.

This is one part where the Apple ecosystem shines. They write the OS, the API's and the fully support the API's. It's only one company.

minifalco likes this.
  3. AodhaganW
    Eclair Nov 24, 2020

AodhaganW , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Nov 24, 2020 :
    Recently OnePlus has removed support for Filmic pro to access the wide angle and telephoto lenses, this is very disappointing.
    They are great lenses, especially the ultra-wide so it's very disheartening to discover this.

minifalco likes this.
  4. Z1588113761511
    Cupcake Dec 20, 2020

Z1588113761511 , Dec 20, 2020 :
    I'm super pissed about this. If ONE PLUS doesn't fix this I'm giving up on Android and moving to Iphone. I just a bought a DJI OM4 and found that I can't use all the lenses. No problem someone tells me, I can just use the Filmic Pro app. I see some videos of others doing it so I buy that too. Then I realize they took the features away. **** YOU ONE PLUS. BUY MY PHONE BACK!

minifalco likes this.
  5. minifalco
    Eclair Feb 27, 2021

minifalco , Feb 27, 2021 :
    I've changed from the 7T to the 8 pro and I've lost the telephoto and the ultra wide lens support for Filmic Pro... This thread is from 5 months ago and the problem is still unsolved. I've seen lot of people asking for this in OnePlus forums without any official answer or progress. Is so weird all the lenses were already enabled and then disabled... Is there any hope these lenses will be activated again?