Can someone check something on the OnePlus 8 please

1. glen8
    Gingerbread Jul 1, 2020

2. Unicron
    Donut Jul 1, 2020

3. glen8
    Gingerbread Jul 1, 2020

glen8 , Jul 1, 2020 :
    Thanks, I'm really confused as to why oneplus is making an icon pack and shipping it out the box? Surely if an app developer updates their icon, oneplus is instantly out of date? why make extra work for themselves. It's just really bad UI design. Hell, at least give us an option to use the apps default icon.

4. Attached Files:

5. kevinsnijder
    Gingerbread Jul 2, 2020

6. glen8
    Gingerbread Jul 2, 2020

glen8 , Jul 2, 2020 :
    That's my point, it's only different because oneplus have put the wrong now tv icon in their icon pack. Why are oneplus making random icons for third party apps?

and yes, they are connected. I've extracted the oneplus icon pack .apk and seen the code. The image is tied to the name of the app, how else would it work.

If oneplus only had icons for their own apps and nobody elses, this wouldn't be a problem.

I'm taking them all out and recompiling it back so everything works as it should. Maybe I should host it if others have a similar problem.

Can't believe I am the only one experiencing this?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020

7. glen8
    Gingerbread Jul 2, 2020

glen8 , Jul 2, 2020 :
    Thanks, that will only work if the creator of an icon pack has the icon for the app. Ideally, I want to use the original icon as the developer intended, not one oneplus wants me to use. Oneplus could add this as a feature, allowing you to specificy an app to use the original icon, but I submitted this as a request two years ago.

The best way is for oneplus to not get involved in creating icons for random third party apps. There are millions of apps on the store, but the oneplus icon pack only has a few hundred lol See my point, you can't create an icon pack for every icon, so just don't bother. Simply make one covering your own apps, not other peoples.