Can we all agree that OnePlus is finished?

1. Cuerex
    KitKat Jul 15, 2016

Cuerex , Jul 15, 2016 :
    Hello guys,

I was a huge fan off Oneplus and the One upon arrival, furthermore i went down the road and got myself the 2 even though not really required.

over the course I'm very glad I didn't wait for the 3 and went for Huawei instead because there are some very certain points for me to avoid future OnePlus devices.

I know it is supposed as a budget type of phone which wants to deliver extreme value per buck but since the 2, it doesn't exist anymore. Especially when you can make bargain discounts on amazon warehousedeals from time to time or local ads with gambling.

1# OnePlus uses off the shelf components

All OnePlus devices feel crowdsourced from neighbouring companies and this is a huge issue.
    Their devices never provide something new except more speed for this, more image quality for that.
    It's basically an upgrade on the next boring thing. LG introduces (maybe gimmicky) more VR features and additional possibilities with their LG G5 (ok it flops but atleast they tried some bravery).

2# Software/Hardware dissappointments

Remember yellow screens? slow, non acceptable service? low earspeaker output? no nfc? cyanogenmod dissappointment? slow software rollouts? non optimised utilisation of 6gb ram?

Even after all these cases, it still doesn't seem to find an end on their side. They simply don't seem to grow up at all except adding better internals and switching this with that.

Huawei has some top manufacteuring skills at reasonable pricepoints and sleek, slim looking and polished phones which never get mentioned in media for sluggish software bugfixing and on the go finalisations of specific apps because they simply just work out of the box.

3. Style of the OnePlus 3

It seems like OnePlus lost their way with the OnePlus 3. it looks more like replica of my Mate S now with huger bezels and I'm dissappointed in this regard. OnePlus needs to start the Innovation wheel again in order to get my attention.

The only thing i really like about OnePlus is the alert slider, the rest is not worth a mention at all since all can be aquired with other phones, if not better if you know how to watch out for good deals.

these are my main complaints, feel free to critique, ask or discuss with me

PS: currently transitioning from Mate S to P9 and can't wait to try out the leica camera

2. Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Marshmallow Moderator Jul 15, 2016

Maximus Decimus Meridius , Jul 15, 2016 :
    Yes, the OPO made me a fan too.
    I dont agree on all your points, and even then, those points arent necessarily a bad thing. Eg showing bravery can cost you your head to. Ive read the new LG isnt meeting its sales goal... not that is matters to me though.

Anyway, the OP3 is actually a no nonsense high quality phone. Lots of pros and cons, but its just basically a good phone and no weird gimmicks.

Oneplus has (to me) still something special and some perks i rlly like (rooting+dev community) but also other things too. I bought it because i couldve spend the money (temporarily ;) ) and it fitted my needs quite good. I am very haopy with the phone and if it had to live up OPO standards, i would be rocking a 3300 or more mah battery, waterproofing/waterproofness, and a straight/flat glasscreen. All with a quite complete softwarepackage. It still has a nice appearance but it isnt that special/important to me.
    Some things can be softwarematically exlained...

jr.pasheko, Mydealz, Linanc7 and 3 others like this.
  3. riffraff81
    KitKat Jul 15, 2016

4. Cuerex
    KitKat Jul 15, 2016

Cuerex , Jul 15, 2016 :
    i'm still very unsure if you're simply blindly ignoring it's main problems and with the company itself though. i mean i just went through some oneplus 3 news and i had a laugh that oneplus still fucks customers over with yellowish screens

i always felt like a beta tester, waiting for a new update, using their fresh phone

Mr. BG and p51d007 like this.
  5. malidan
    Nougat Jul 15, 2016

malidan , Jul 15, 2016 :
    I know where your coming from bro but they're not dead yet, the hype machine just keeps them coming back for more.
    Even now you still hear the words Flagship killer being touted, when OP have distanced themselves from it after the OP2 fiasco.
    There will always be a market for affordable high spec devices, so OP will be here for awhile yet.:)

xoma262 likes this.
  6. Cuerex
    KitKat Jul 15, 2016

Cuerex , Jul 15, 2016 :
    yeah but i'm sad they simply lost the magic in my eyes. when i made some longterm testing with other devices, it can be really eye opening. many people here buy a oneplus phone because they think it is a bargain for a high-end device and spend all their christmas money from their family on it because they didn't earn their own money yet and have to justify their productchoice so much that it doesn't make sense anymore

atleast that's what i think about the vast majority of oneplus owners

malidan and p51d007 like this.
  7. SergiuszJasper
    Honeycomb Jul 15, 2016

8. Cuerex
    KitKat Jul 15, 2016

Cuerex , Jul 15, 2016 :
    if you can't handle my perception of reality, you should have just closed the tab instead of inserting pointless phrases

9. mydragoon
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 15, 2016

mydragoon , Jul 15, 2016 :
    to each, his own... no one company is perfect.

OnePlus has it's own market. and there are ppl who are looking for good specs and "half the price". some are willing to pay more for "good specs and some gimmick".

just cause there's nothing that is suitable for one, does not mean it's not suitable for others.

product defects... who's not heard of replies that told consumers you're holding the phone wrong? or the phone with memory chip that could suddenly just fail (and manufacturer did not even bother with replacement/ recall)?

what i like is... at least the co-founder is sometimes around to listen, reply and... sometimes... throw and insult or two. :)

jaimal_tandel, Letray6 and Cuerex like this.
  10. SergiuszJasper
    Honeycomb Jul 15, 2016

SergiuszJasper , Jul 15, 2016 :
    Lmfao... And u are who to make this asamptiion, like I said don't like just move on... Plain and simple.

Ceasedd and mooseh2002 like this.
  11. keenez

keenez , Jul 15, 2016 :
    I don't believe that One Plus is dead but I agree they won't be a "leader" for anything innovative. They ask their community what they want in a phone (from what's already been made) and give it to them. They're not thinking outside the box to build a next gen phone simply as they don't have the resources to do that.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016

Letray6, Mydealz and Cuerex like this.
  12. Cuerex
    KitKat Jul 15, 2016

Cuerex , Jul 15, 2016 :
    and you are who to make this shout out to make me go? i mean seriously, why are you on a forum without the intention to discuss things out? i mean okay, many people have already talked about the flaws of oneplus, but you definately don't improve the forum by telling someone to **** off if they have something state about something they actually care about.

really solid points. i will applaud the day, oneplus creates a real flagship phone once they gain the ressources to design their own hardware parts, which likely take a very long road to go since they have to hire many new divisions in this regard.

they said they wanted to build the perfect smartphone in their believe while it's simply a dell windows laptop with many different brands of hardware in it, while samsung, apple, lg, huawei are like macs which introduce you their own type of hardware flavour for the best experience

p51d007 likes this.
  13. Cuerex
    KitKat Jul 15, 2016

Cuerex , Jul 15, 2016 :
    i agree with you on all parts. it's just that it takes much more than that to deliver in the future and i'm not sure how oneplus is gonna compete in this regard.

mydragoon likes this.
  14. marcyeo

marcyeo , Jul 15, 2016 :
    hey mate..nice piece of writing there however I am only agreeing on one thing, which is they have to be brave and bold in their phone design and software diversity (a little bit from Touchwiz, a little bit from Cyanogenmod, etc). I dont agree that they are finished, in fact, they are trying their best to move up. Come on bro, give some time for them to grow. I am still keeping my one and 2. Now waiting for Oneplus 3 to come to my doorstep this few days. High expectation from it! :)

15. SergiuszJasper
    Honeycomb Jul 15, 2016

SergiuszJasper , Jul 15, 2016 :

All. I can say this I like oneplus and I'm enjoying my op3, all I can say if u don't like move on...im running custom kernel and love it, find no real life issues at least once that I can fix or deal with.
    Nothing is perfect but op3 is quite close...so I'm happy

16. adambd
    Cupcake Jul 15, 2016

adambd , Jul 15, 2016 :
    They are an upcoming company.. that found a way into the business.. of course there are going to be flaws..thats why some people buy from certain places so they can grow. Hopefully it's for the better and not dissapointment. :X

17. Cuerex
    KitKat Jul 15, 2016

Cuerex , Jul 15, 2016 :
    your comment made me wonder. the description actually fits.

at first i thought with oneplus, i get a unique phone that rarely people wield and has good value per dollar as well as outstanding features. but after some time i realised that it is simply the best average phone you can get which is a combination of every flagship chinese phone out there. you're basically wielding the most high-end average phone and this is probably what makes me not having and eye for it anymore because it lacks specific sellings points which make a real gamechanger out of this phone.

simply calling it flagship killer everytime doesn't cut it anymore probably

Mr. BG likes this.
  18. milkdude
    KitKat Jul 15, 2016

milkdude , Jul 15, 2016 :
    Well to each their own.....
    Not sure how many phones you have had, but I have had my fair share of issues with many devices.
    Even Google's updates have screwed up handsets.
    that being said, I have had 4 different Oneplus devices in my home, none of which have had enough issues, to constitute returning or complaining about.

Often times on this forum, I read complaints/bitching......but is it really the device, or peoples expectations.
    For me..I purchased their products under the assumption that its a diamond, in the rough, and the software will, and has improved with time.

Had I spent 700.00 on my Oneplus 3, maybe I would be more concerned, but as it is..I have no regrets.

19. Cuerex
    KitKat Jul 15, 2016

Cuerex , Jul 15, 2016 :
    which phones did you own except the oneplus 3?

i used to use this argument in my past alot when oneplus really was an upcomming company. i realised they're not and never were. if they were, the oneplus one wouldn't be such a huge success because the people who work in it, know their shit so well that "upcoming company" sounds like a lie. oneplus is not an upcoming company, but an upcoming brand. they have a proper amount of ressources, manpower and innovative management but all they work for is brandname reputation.

it's still is unknown wether the invite system was a flatout lie to boost PR media and virtual presence or not but in my believe everything is simply a mindgame oneplus has put to the table.

Mr. BG likes this.
  20. mydragoon

mydragoon , Jul 15, 2016 :
    yes, more and more manufacturers are able to give good specs and similar prices. look at ZTE's Axon 7.

for me... OnePlus has always been about Sandstone. so, it's a bit disappointing that OnePlus 3's sandstone is an optional cover.

anyway, i dun have a crystal ball and can't tell the future. but i'd love for them to be around for a bit longer... coz i think they are making some impact in this industry.