Can we all agree that OnePlus is finished?

1. SergiuszJasper
    Honeycomb Jul 15, 2016

SergiuszJasper , Jul 15, 2016 :

2. SergiuszJasper
    Honeycomb Jul 15, 2016

Lots I'm a phone junkie, and this phone is fantastic in lots of ways plus can't bet the price...so ya I know what I'm talking about and so far no complaints.

3. p51d007
    KitKat Jul 15, 2016

p51d007 , Jul 15, 2016 :
    Yep, AGREE!

Had high hopes, that perhaps AT LAST, there would be a manufacturer, that would think of the consumers first. High end products, direct to the consumers, word of mouth advertising, quick solutions etc.
    Then, the problems started.

The "startup" idea, blown out of the water.
    "Stereo" speakers...nope, mono sound
    "Yellow" display, first the lie about we set it to a warm color, then finally admitting it was a problem
    with the display.
    Software bugs all over the place.
    Little to NO support.
    When the 2 came out, they left out features that should have been there, and of course more problems
    with shipping, delays here, there, bugs, and, again, little to no support.
    Then comes the X, and for the U.S. market, they left out band 17, which isn't much of a problem if
    you live IN A CITY, but travel out into the country, bye bye LTE. And of course, more software bugs and
    little to no support.
    The company, is little more than a beta tester, for Oppo. The low price, gets the device into the hands of the consumers, who do the beta testing for upcoming Oppo phones. Once the bugs get worked out,
    Oppo increases the price, releases the phone to their own consumers that pay $$$ for it.

nyzproof333 and Cuerex like this.
  4. Cuerex
    KitKat Jul 15, 2016

Cuerex , Jul 15, 2016 :
    hey just got these phones in mint condition, just so you know, but don't be mad about it ;) ss (2016-07-13 at 11.32.02).png

SergiuszJasper likes this.
  5. Cuerex
    KitKat Jul 15, 2016

Cuerex , Jul 15, 2016 :
    thank you for contributing to this thread, i mean it has been so much time already and if a pizza service would continue with this type of product design, the company would have long been bankrupt but oneplus keeps apologizing and overpromising and many people just get so blind by it that it isn't funny anymore.

p51d007 and nyzproof333 like this.
  6. Deactivated User
    Jul 15, 2016

waldwolf and SergiuszJasper like this.
  7. Cuerex
    KitKat Jul 15, 2016

Cuerex , Jul 15, 2016 :
    if you think top engineers need years to design a good phone then you simply say from your position that you have no idea at all and in all honesty don't want to accept another reality except the ones you consumed on their websites and advertisements

there is a reason why the oneplus one boomed but the Yotaphone and Blackphone didn't

8. SergiuszJasper
    Honeycomb Jul 15, 2016

But honestly what more do you want, it's great for what u pay for...like I said if u don't like just move on and enjoy ur p9... Cos lots I and lot of other people don't care....its just that simple.

Deactivated User likes this.
  9. Cuerex
    KitKat Jul 15, 2016

Cuerex , Jul 15, 2016 :
    i want to hear opinions of people that care, that's why i went directly on the opo forums again, even if it might be a minority for you

10. roderickh
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 15, 2016

roderickh , Jul 15, 2016 :
    I'd still support them, until my personal experience goes that bad that I'll avoid it..

OP-
    Wasn't the P9's camera made by Sunny Optical.......?

11. Cuerex
    KitKat Jul 15, 2016

Cuerex , Jul 15, 2016 :
    i didn't look further beyond the leica tag to be honest, except the monocrome black and white photography is outstanding on this device, so reviews said, and i'm inclined to try it out

12. SergiuszJasper
    Honeycomb Jul 15, 2016

Agree it's great to find different options, like I said I'm really enjoying op3, but at same time I'm not the one to complain just work around it and resolve.
    For the money one can't go wrong plus u can costum the phone in ur own way with easy.

13. Cuerex
    KitKat Jul 15, 2016

Cuerex , Jul 15, 2016 :
    also i wanted to point out the fact that oneplus, specifically in china, didn't went with an invite system for both devices, One and 2 and rapidly sold their devices and scalper went all over the board, but this is another story.

just wanted to backup the fact that the invite system sounds like a huge marketing stunt

14. Deactivated User
    Jul 15, 2016

15. Cuerex
    KitKat Jul 15, 2016

Cuerex , Jul 15, 2016 :
    i've grown out of smartphone customisations to the point i didn't understand a single thing (mainly people with kernel fixes/scheduleupdates/ram,clock,boost adjustments to no ends), i just want a device that works as intended and add minor UI elements like nova launcher at best. And since i went with Huawei, i never had the urge to flash a custom rom.

it was totally fine when i had a galaxy nexus, there were many cool development going on like liano optimisation which even made its round through some android related headlines because it just optimised the framework so much better (more efficiency with more performance).

the opo was also nice to flash to try different types of features.

then i received the op2 without cyanogenmod and i began to realise that oxygen os is certainly not ready for primetime and i directly knew, i had to wait 1 new gen of oneplus devices to actually benefit for an actual change in the OS.

this made me realise that a good base is much more important than a community which fixes everything their own way.

16. gmo8492
    Lollipop Jul 15, 2016

gmo8492 , Jul 15, 2016 :
    I'm just here for the ride, plus it's nice to see old forum members congregate on one thread. :)

17. Cuerex
    KitKat Jul 15, 2016

Cuerex , Jul 15, 2016 :
    yeah, wisdom grows with experience

18. SergiuszJasper
    Honeycomb Jul 15, 2016

Well I did own op2 and it was great and stock and only reason I got rid of it was cos I got op3, I root for fun not that anything is wrong with the phone unlike the nexus 5x that I have as back up... That is rooted with custom rom and kernel and it get double battery life and almost double SOT... Some need help so I root, op3 does not.
    Yet cos I am human I will say if I can improve and honestly there is not much to change on op3 but it's fun to play around.

19. mwayner
    Lollipop Jul 15, 2016

20. Cuerex
    KitKat Jul 15, 2016