Can we all agree that OnePlus is finished?

1. nyzproof333
    KitKat Jul 15, 2016

nyzproof333 , Jul 15, 2016 :
    You're wasting your time creating a thread like that on this site. It may make you feel better to get it off your chest but the fanboys will always revert back to price no matter what issue you bring up.

Honestly, you're wasting your time.

Linanc7 and Ceasedd like this.
  2. Cuerex
    KitKat Jul 15, 2016

Cuerex , Jul 15, 2016 :
    shouldn't it be my problem how i waste my time? i been on this forum long enough to estimate my outcome

malidan likes this.
  3. Deactivated User
    Jul 15, 2016

4. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Jul 15, 2016

Ceasedd , Jul 15, 2016 :
    The only point I agree with you is in the style.With no style swaps is just bland.Although from what I perceive they've got a hit with the 3. I'm happy with it.(hardware & software wise.

Linanc7 likes this.
  5. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Jul 15, 2016

Ceasedd , Jul 15, 2016 :
    I almost forgot how much I saved compared to your Nexus. I feel much better.;)

nyzproof333 likes this.
  6. inffy
    KitKat Jul 15, 2016

inffy , Jul 15, 2016 :
    You got to be kidding right?

All of the mentioned companies buy the components from somewhere else. They might use their own dispalys which still are from different company (in legal sense). But saying that they produce their own hardware or do something different than Oneplus does is a completely wrong.

I want to see the Samsung or LG or Apple device (yes i use iPhone 6s Plus as my daily driver) that is completely done by the same company (hardware wise).

You know, in reality Apple is the worst of it all, it has nothing of it's own in the phone. Everything that is inside is bought from a third party company.

sommersy, SoniaB, noquarter and 4 others like this.
  7. nyzproof333
    KitKat Jul 15, 2016

Have fun waiting/wasting time tinkering getting that N update. ;)

I will be another day 1 Nexus buyer again this year as well. :)

xoma262, Linanc7 and Ceasedd like this.
  8. nyzproof333
    KitKat Jul 15, 2016

So then what's the point of this thread....to argue? :rolleyes:o_O

If you think you're gonna change anyone's mind your wrong.

P.S. I don't care how long you have been here. I have been here roughly the same time as you.

9. kryshnakishore
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 15, 2016

10. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Jul 15, 2016

Ceasedd , Jul 15, 2016 :
    I will have fun.Yes you need a new Nexus already.That 810 is so outdated .

nyzproof333 likes this.
  11. nyzproof333
    KitKat Jul 15, 2016

Rocking an unlocked Exynos S7 Edge presently. Nice device but sick of the home button. I prefer a sensor.

Yes, the 810 is outdated but still provides a smoother experience than the S7 Edge IMO.

Linanc7 likes this.
  12. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 Jul 15, 2016

pa5t1s , Jul 15, 2016 :
    Yet another useless thread. No @Cuerex, the whole world isn't thinking like you, and if OnePlus is such a bad company / phone, please do us a favour and go 'evangelize' on Huawei 's forums or whatever. Nobody needs your partial and narrow-minded point of view here. Bye, enjoy your Huawei and let people buy what they like.

nyzproof333, jstepa and inffy like this.
  13. xoma262
    Jelly Bean Jul 15, 2016

xoma262 , Jul 15, 2016 :
    hmm... sorry to interrupt but wasn't you on hype train with OP2 last year? I remember we argued once about that. Sorry if it's not you.

nyzproof333 likes this.
  14. Linanc7
    Lollipop Jul 15, 2016

Linanc7 , Jul 15, 2016 :
    I don't think it's dead but rather evolving:

1. OPO had widespread appeal because it was the first phone in the market that offered high end specs at a very affordable price and the partnership with CM was groundbreaking. It was literally the unique device released in 2014.

2. Let's forget about OP2 :laughing: too much went off the rails with that one. The X seems like more of an experiment than an actual phone worthy of global release. OP seemed to have lost their direction in 2015 and accordingly made multiple mistakes .

3. It looks like OP has learned some lessons. They are moving thier marketing message more toward a phone for tech enthusiasts. This is actually an appropriate market message because the ability to mod this device is what continues to set it apart from the mainstream offerings. The design however has become more mainstream, a mistake imo because the sandstone and syle swaps had a lot of appeal. The software is still evolving but if you're tech sophisticated you can work around this and not be hampered by the bugs.

4. The lack of consistent and timely updates as well as nonexistent CS could prove to be more of a downfall than OP fully appreciates.

Tl;dr this is a unique device that will always be appreciated by the tech enthusiast community but not a global mainstream daily driver.

15. abhishek7
    Honeycomb Jul 15, 2016

abhishek7 , Jul 15, 2016 :
    Don't expect innovations from oneplus ... cause it's a "small" company, it can't allocate the funds for their r&d department.

16. SunSpear
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 15, 2016

17. nyzproof333
    KitKat Jul 15, 2016

No it wasn't me. @Ceasedd can attest to that.

pa5t1s and Ceasedd like this.
  18. Deactivated User
    Jul 15, 2016

19. youbi
    Marshmallow Assistant Head Moderator Jul 15, 2016

youbi , Jul 15, 2016 :
    Yeah, that "Leica" camera is awesome. Just look at the amazing pictures samples they shared. :grin:
    :sweatsmile:

[​IMG]

Oh wait...

[​IMG]

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Sorry, but after reading what you wrote I could only remember that. That was a terrible marketing stunt by Huawei. :sweatsmile::tearsofjoy:

But now being a bit more serious, I bet the camera is a nice one, after all it was assembled by the same guys who assembled the op3 camera. :p :D

Ok, now I will be serious for real. :p The Huawei looks a great device, I only played a little bit with it and seems a solid and nice looking device, and the price tag equals that. ;)

Has for the arguments you use for saying that Oneplus is finished, I actually think the opposite, and the OP3 is a good example of that. There's no more that One hit wonder feeling (after a not so good second round launch).

If you look at the majority of the reviews, you can see that never a Oneplus device was as praised has the OP3, despite some small differences in terms of opinions, almost every single reviewer agreed that the Op3 proofs that Oneplus is not a One hit wonder anymore, and that they are growing up and becoming a serious contender in this tech market.

So in the end I guess that this shows that Oneplus is just in the beginning and that great things may come in the future as the company gets more mature. ;) So does this means that the OP3 is perfect? Of course not, there's isn't such thing in the smartphone market :p, every brand has their issues :sweatsmile:, but the truth is that Oneplus is getting more close of doing that then they ever did before. ;)

The only Huawei thing that I have ever had is the Huawei Watch, I've had it for a couple of months and so far I'm still loving it, but like every piece of tech, it has his own issues. And that's what the updates are for (to kill old bugs and to give us new ones to play with :p )

I guess that just the wonderful TouchWiz showing is virtues. :sweatsmile::tearsofjoy:

pa5t1s and nyzproof333 like this.
  20. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Jul 15, 2016

pa5t1s and nyzproof333 like this.