Can we all agree that OnePlus is finished?

1. nyzproof333
    KitKat Jul 15, 2016

nyzproof333 , Jul 15, 2016 :
    The average user probably wouldn't notice (or care) but after using a Nexis and going to a skinned version of Android it's just not the same.

I am appreciating 8hrs SOT, small form factor for a 5.5 screen and obviously the camera. Overall it's a good device. I may have pulled the trigger on a 3 if it had expandable storage. That was my deal breaker.

youbi likes this.
  2. riffraff81
    KitKat Jul 15, 2016

riffraff81 , Jul 15, 2016 :
    TL;DR version,

"I'm no longer interested in oneplus products and since the universe revolves around me, that means this company is finished."

Thanks for the heads up bud..

3. GrunkaLunka
    Donut Jul 15, 2016

4. TakeMyMoney
    KitKat Jul 15, 2016

TakeMyMoney , Jul 15, 2016 :
    The problem is that OnePlus is not living up to its potential, which is extremely unfortunate.

I am conflicted. I want OnePlus to succeed, but a long string of disappointments makes me drift away, and I am not alone.

You can tell from the forum that the demographics changed. Where the One attracted a lot of people who bought the One because it was a great phone regardless of the price, at this point in time, OnePlus is mostly attracting people who have a limited budget.

I bought the One because it was a great phone, not because it was cheap. Now I own a 7 Edge for the same reason.

OnePlus will find its place in the market and will continue to exist, but it won't become what could have been.

5. xoma262
    Jelly Bean Jul 16, 2016

xoma262 , Jul 16, 2016 :

I can feel you. But as someone said already it's wasting time, even though you might be able to find a support.

Hmm. I like how you said "OnePlus finished". We need fatality xD
    However, they are not "finished" just because hype train would run few times more.

I'll go shortly on each.
    1) Right. They stopped developing. I suppose hype train hit themselves ... But it shouldn't be revolutionary.
    2) Well... hard not to agree.
    I still cannot understand. All "overhyped" reminds me crazy-patriots of one country. They have govmnt who always fools them. And instead of thinking - they monotonously calm themselves: "Have to be patient - and someday life would be better". OP users reminds me same thing - tons of bugs and they keep saying same thing all other again.

Why OPO with COS runs smoother than OP3 on OOS?
    Why people buying RELEASED phone has to be like beta-testers? IMO I want to buy phone and have it without bugs. OnePlus don't have QC & QA teams?
    3) I wouldn't blame design. Since all pencils are different. But design lost unique features like sandstone back (sandstone case I'm not counting as a part of the phone - they made it for additional profit). Phone became more generic to a wider audience. They all looks the same - generic and aluminum back

That's the only thing you can feel.
    Really? Outdated? L O L. fyi OP2 with this S810 was released less then a year ago... Outdated... huh. Oh wait! You have OP3 with 820, right? Probably for you everything is outdated.... kid.

6. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Jul 16, 2016

Ceasedd , Jul 16, 2016 :
    Outdated shit indeed.
    XkKA56k.gif

7. SaltLife
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 16, 2016

SaltLife , Jul 16, 2016 :
    Oh you have no idea what you're doing lmao. Huawei is FULL of lies. The latest picture scandal? Oh yeah and that "Leica" camera you can't wait to try out is a HUGE fake. It wasn't even made by Leica, a teardown revealed it's some chinese-made cheap component. They just plastered "Leica" on the phone. Also it doesn't have 4k shooting capabilities....interesting seeing how Leica is very high end. Another red flag. Hauwei is a fraud lmao.

Cuerex likes this.
  8. waldwolf
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 16, 2016

waldwolf , Jul 16, 2016 :
    Over 2 years ago, when I first posted a similar comment (....Oneplus as a company will succeed or fail on the quality of their customer support....).

At the time, one could read through various online sources, how poor OP support was. Comments like "sent in for warranty repair 3 months ago, still waiting return information"....or...."requested RMA weeks ago, no reply"......

Yes, things have improved, however, these (and other online) forums are still seeing far too many OP customer complaints.

9. Cuerex
    KitKat Jan 10, 2017

Cuerex , Jan 10, 2017 :
    i shifted to an LG G5 now at last. i really like it so far.

SaltLife likes this.
  10. ricardroido
    Froyo Jan 10, 2017

ricardroido , Jan 10, 2017 :
    the OnePlus 3T is my first OnePlus and won't be my last .I am very impressed with performance and looks . in the the last 6 months I have gone from Galaxy S6 edge to Nexus 6P to Huaweii P9 to Galaxy S7 edge to Galaxy S6 edge plus and finally got the 3T . and I can safely say the OP3T is the best of them all
    1484084717024.jpg

11. Afzalm7
    Donut Jan 11, 2017

12. Pahapoika91
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 11, 2017

Pahapoika91 , Jan 11, 2017 :
    Only thing i dont like on op3t is the 1080p pentile amoled screen.

It's not Sharp as opos screen was.
    But it does have amoled screens advantages tho.

13. thiyagu_by
    Cupcake Jan 11, 2017

thiyagu_by , Jan 11, 2017 :
    Every one has their view...for me OnePlus seems like fine product in this price range...

ricardroido likes this.
  14. nousoul
    Donut Jan 11, 2017

nousoul , Jan 11, 2017 :
    My biggest complaint about OnePlus is that they seem to cut corners with their software. Lots of little issues here and there. But it seems like part of the reason OnePlus should succeed is user feedback. By us telling them our problems directly, they can work more directly, and cheaply, for us. If OnePlus fails, it is majorly due to lack of user participation.

This last OP2 update was bold. Some good ideas.

15. anasqiblawi
    Froyo Jan 11, 2017

anasqiblawi , Jan 11, 2017 :
    my OnePlus one device with CyanogenMod
    is better than my OnePlus 3 with Oxygen Os in points
    and that's very weird

when i takee 4k videos With OnePlus 3 lags
    while that never happens to me with OnePlus 1
    even that OnePlus 3 had a better hardware

Oxygen Os uses too much of RAM
    my op3 started to hang when browsering too much websites
    but that never happens to me with op1

I have many disappointments on OnePlus 3

my op3 can't upgrade whatever i tried and I'm not rooted

that is going to force me to root and make a story just to upgrade .

16. DiegoGTi
    Gingerbread Jan 11, 2017

DiegoGTi , Jan 11, 2017 :
    Yeah....?? That is why Oneplus 3T is considered by many specialized magazines as the best smartphone of 2016!! And it has many awards.

ricardroido likes this.
  17. SaltLife
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 13, 2017

SaltLife , Jan 13, 2017 :
    Yessss that's great! LG G5 is amazing!! Good job :D

18. Zh_kilat
    Android Q Jan 13, 2017