Camera Can we expect better improvement with future OTA updates?

1. damncared
    Froyo Feb 23, 2021

damncared , Feb 23, 2021 :
    Hello everyone
    I recently purchased OP8T and upgraded to this from OP6. I am slightly disappointed with the camera performance and usually I use gcam for daily shoots.

I would like to know can we expect improvements?

Thanks

2. StefanStark
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 23, 2021

StefanStark , via OnePlus 8T Aquamarine Green , Feb 23, 2021 :
    Yes - and - no.

You can expect improvements in all areas because of more experience and development in Android 11 and therefore better results.

And - no - because only oneplus knows what's to come and what they are capable of doing/coding.

The camera setup should not be the problem because with mods like gcam some people report improvements.

3. damncared
    Froyo Feb 23, 2021

thanks for your prompt reply brother, but I am really disappointed with the camera performance, though its a flagship phone but the selfie quality is very bad. I took some pictures with the back main camera its kinda too bright and not punchy in terms of color as my OP6 was.

I am currently using this version 11.0.7.9KB05AA

Incase of gcam, yes I agree some people do report for ported gcams, but there are some good ports like MJL minlux it was really good with XML. 8T is a new phone probably with time, we can expect some good gcam ports I reckon but for the time being Oneplus should help us out with improvements for camera, because it seems very disappointing to me as a former oneplus user

thanks brother, appreciate your comment

4. eastbay
    KitKat Feb 23, 2021

eastbay , via OnePlus 8T T-Mobile , Feb 23, 2021 :
    I'm a TMO customer. But are updates Are the same. just maybe one different number. When I spoke with them. They said they'll be significant changes. That should be coming soon.

5. damncared
    Froyo Feb 23, 2021

good to know, brother
    because the price is too expensive. I feel like I was cheated from the shopkeeper because there were no phones on display at the shop, he gave me the intact box and I am not too good at making comparison, like checking phones side to side, performance wise its a beast no doubt, but camera-wise disappointed.

I hope they will take our issues into serious considerations, or else I will feel like I have been robbed by OP

6. eastbay
    KitKat Feb 23, 2021

eastbay , via OnePlus 8T T-Mobile , Feb 23, 2021 :
    I'm on the 4th OP. They've only gotten better. The one I have the updates have been improving.